Final 2 in the Rumble

trellian

OK, last Rumble it really bugged me that Benoit and Big Show were left as the final two. Sure, it made Benoit look like a super-human, defeating 29 other men and topping it off with eliminating 500 lbs Big Show. But everyone (well, maybe not the casuals) knew that Benoit would win because it wouldn't make sense with Big Show and Lesnar as main event on Mania.

That is why I feel that this year, both the final 2 should have a viable chance of winning. These two men should be Batista and John Cena. I don't want to predict who will win of these two, but it will keep me more suspended than, say, having Batista and Jericho as the final two.. (unless the WWE does a complete turn and give Y2J a title shot.. which of course would be even better..)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It should boil down to a final six of Kane, Taker, Batista, Orton, Cena and maybe Snitsky. That would blow it wide open going into the last straight, with Batista and 'Taker being the last two. That could set up Heidnriech, who lost the earlier casket match, being bust out of the casket by Snitsky and running down to eliminate 'Taker. Thus setting up the Brothers of Destruction tag match at WM.

Or same scenario, with Batista and Cena,but HHH comes down and costs Dave the rumble and setting up their match at Mania, with 'Taker facing Orton at the big show.

The Orton match could come about after the BoD tag match, with everyone saying how 'Taker has never lost at WM, Orton loses it and challenges Undi' to put his legend on the line against the "Legend Killer". This would get round the different brands situation.

Last year it would have been much more of a guessing game if theyd had it Goldberg and Benoit or even Angle and Benoit but it ended up being so predictable when it was down to Benoit and Show because anyone who knows anything about WWE knows that theyre nto going to put Big Show in the main event of Wrestlemania again, not after teh shambles that was WrestleMania 2000

I think it should come down to1 from each brand, perhaps Batista and Cena. But in all fairness from what seem to be the new Mania plans, i would be suprised to see Rocky win the Rumble and have JBL beat him come Mania or even have JBL drop the belt at no Way Out setting up a Rock vs Undertaker or Rock vs Angle main event

I would have Taker, Orton, Angle, Show, all do double duety and also be involved in the Rumble match (assuming HHH and JBL retain there titles), then add them with Batista, Cena, HBK, Kane, Edge, Jericho, Benoit, Booker T, Eddie, although the last couple mentioned aint gonna win it, but look at the superstar power you would have in the Rumble, and a good 6 or 7 possible winners. Edited by MARTIN316V1

oh okay... but then again that is one time' date=' maybe that has happened more than once but it seems that MOST people that are Champion comeing out of the Rumble are champ at mania[/quote']

2004- lesnar got beat by Eddie at No Way Out also

I'm pretty sure Batista or Snitsky will be given the annual "Diesel" role. Either of them could make it work' date=' so I imagine they'll go for those two, more than likely Batista though.[/quote']

Was the Diesel role the one before the Kane role? i.e goes in at number 6 dominates, throws about 12 people over the top but isn't allowed to win it despite clearly the best performance of the night? Instead somebody like Austin comes down last and gets the win he did not deserve?

OK, last Rumble it really bugged me that Benoit and Big Show were left as the final two. Sure, it made Benoit look like a super-human, defeating 29 other men and topping it off with eliminating 500 lbs Big Show. But everyone (well, maybe not the casuals) knew that Benoit would win because it wouldn't make sense with Big Show and Lesnar as main event on Mania.

I thought that last year's was really good, sure they'd built it up nicely with him entering first etc. But when it got down to the final two I still thought Show would win for two reasons:

1) If he didn't it would actually mean, shock-horror, letting Benoit main event

2) I couldn't see how he was going to get him over the ropes.

I thought they did it very well in the end.

I'm pretty sure Batista or Snitsky will be given the annual "Diesel" role. Either of them could make it work' date=' so I imagine they'll go for those two, more than likely Batista though.[/quote']

I'm assuming that Snitsky won't be in the Rumble, because he lost a qualifying match to Kane.

Was the Diesel role the one before the Kane role? i.e goes in at number 6 dominates' date=' throws about 12 people over the top but isn't allowed to win it despite clearly the best performance of the night? Instead somebody like Austin comes down last and gets the win he did not deserve?[/quote']

Yep, that's pretty much it. Diesel had it, Kurrgan had it for some ungodly reason, and Kane had it. It's always either the Diesel role or the Flair role (come in early, last until the end). Never usually both.

I have a dream.

it won't happen thats why it's a dream.

But we get to say the twentith person with the likes of Eddie, Snitsky, Benjamin, Regal and say maybe the Bashams. The Buzzer counts down 3....2....1 BUZZZZZZ

Here comes the pain baby!

Over the next 2 minutes, Lesnar clears the ring all by him self as he knocks The Bashams out both at the same time the timer starts to go 10....9.....8

Lesnar now stands in the doing the little jumpy thing that he does.

3.....2.....1 BUZZZZ

A smug looking Ric Flair leads a Big Dave Batista and then the 2 giants go at it, not eliminating each other as that would give them a reason to feud. lesnar can be eliminated by Cena or somebosy later on. But can you imagine the pop that it would get. Not to mention how it could help Batistas push.

It would just be a pure mark out moment. You have lesnar coming back and cleaning house. The crowd are already totally buzzing because of what they have just seen.

Then they see Flair leading out Batista. Flair would have to be doing a confident walk like he did when he came down to the ring at the rumble in 92 the look that he has no worries it may be Lesnar bobbing around in the ring but he knows that Batista can take care of him.

But Show's in the WWE title match with Angle and JBL' date=' surely they wouldnt put him in the Rumble match? Especially seeing Show isnt the best guy to wrestle twice considering his cardio condition[/quote']

Thats right!!! I forgot. Well I'm still going with Batista being one of the final two of the Royal Rumble. Since Orton and Show got title shots on the PPV it really makes you wonder will either title change hands? Probably not. :roll