FR Spoilers-HAHA WWE

Fletch

Abyss hit the ring and attacked Hardy, nailing him with the Shock Treatment. Mike Tenay and Don West played it off like they were shocked Abyss was there. Looks like TNA made a play to keep Abyss, which explains why they removed the announcement he was no longer with the company earlier in the week. Kudos to them for keeping the surprise hidden.

haha Abyss till with TNA

Good power play Jeff jarrett

Shame Ive had to spoil the result of one match to get this news but worthwhile

Edited by Fletch

I'd hardly consider this a one-up on WWE... At the end of the day TNA is just delaying the inevitable (closure)... I'm sure Vince McMahon isn't gutted he can't have Abyss or anything. The surprise was a good idea but the outcome hardly rocks the wrestling world.

Plus for the time being I'd say Abyss did the right thing, unless he was interested in becoming the lower midcarder John McAbyss or something doing weekly jobs after a nice spell in OVW. Give Abyss the TNA title and I'll be happy.

i really hope TNA can survive and get some good backers in as WWE needs to get some competition for its own sake. Same thing in Japan, from what i understand many feds are struggling and like TNA its not that they are lacking talented performers, they just need some money, particularly the Joshi scene, but with WWE muscling in on that territory too then it may make things worse for both the Japanese companies, not having the money to compete and then if they go it will be bad for WWE because again there would be no competition.

I love a good swerve now and then, as WWE is just too predictable (even though changing Rumble winner from Orton to Batista/Cena was appreciated).

One thought, if the whole "WWE has approached Abyss for a contract" thing was a scam, why didn't WWE officially denounce it? Unless they really had approached him. If that is the case, it really is a one-up on WWE, even though I guess they're not losing any sleep over it. Might hurt his chances of ever getting to WWE though.

Yeah lol I bet WWE is quaking in their boots about losing Abyss. I doubt Vince McMahon has even noticed.

It was a nice swerve, but at the end of the day, you've got to say what's the point?

He comes back 2 weeks later, to interfere in a mid card match between 2 washed up losers. Big deal really. Hardly changes anything, so quite pointless really.