Does anyone remember when ........

Rock

Kane could not speak and had a use some type of voice box...

I was watching the build up to the Austin vs Kane first blood match when it came back to me...

kane seems to of changed a bit now, hasnt he?

Anyway was wondering if anyone else remembers such things, where the wrestlers have total changed and forgot about there old storylines...

I don't think it's as much as forgot about their old storylines, it's more of the fact that they have moved on. The way I take it now is that Kane didn't want to speak, much like he didn't want to show his face. I just like to think of stuff that makes wrestlers whole careers believable up until now. (I guess im a little kid mark like that.)

But you're right it is these silly little things that the WWE dont think about that can cause confusion amoungst fans. Kind of like the whole "WWE-World Title Scene."

yeah alot of characters have changed over the years, i think were on the third superstar to play kane too, undertaker lost his character and changed to the american badass and now he's changed back again, so yeah i agree about them changing from there old storylines

what? what? what?

With Taker and Kane, their characters have just evolved. When Taker became the American Badass he kept the long trench coat as a kind of token of his past. That was great when they used the lightning bolts. It was to show that Kane had all the powers that Taker had and Kane set fire to a crew member.

I could never accept the 'American Hero' Lex Luger gimmick, one week he was 'The Narcissist' and would perv over his own reflection, the next, he slams a fat samoan on a boat, and is hailed as an American Hero. He no longer thought he was god's gift, he thought instead, he was god's son. Why didn't he enjoy his own reflection anymore? Why had he never made any indication, that underneath his arrogant persona, was a deeply patriotic American? And why was he so crap? :P

I remember Kane as the Evil Dentist Isaac Yankem working for Jerry Lawler and he fought Bret Hart in a Steel Cage and when he was the fake Diesel

But thats Kane for ya

And when Smash transformed into Repo Man, or when Kwang the ninja, revealed himself to be Savio Vega. Kato morphed into Max Moon and Jim Neidheart was renamed, simply as Who?

does anyone remeber when Hogan wasn't broken down and past it? if i reeeeeeeaaalllllyyyy concentrate i can just about do it!

oh to be young again Taj. Yes, I remember a Hulk Hogan that was winning and on top of the world. And I also remember how bored of the whole "Superman Hogan" gimmick I was by WMIV. I'm not saying the guy was a bad performer, I'm saying that watching the same finish to a match that was built up for months each time got boring. It's why I love the WMVI finish so much. IT WAS DIFFERENT!

Didnt the Dudley Boyz steal his voice box (or was that the Rock 'N Sock Jackets? or both?).

Anyway, The Rock's promos on Kane about the voice box gimmick were great! (Inserts Kane's voice box voice) ''My Name is Kane, and i am a roody poo candy ass'' :lol

lmao

The Rock could clown anyone at any given moment. Please Rocky, come back inall your greatness.

"If a SMELL WHAT THE(the crowd chants along with him)-------Hold up, this aint no damn Sing-Along!"

he tried to come back when he was way too old and took up tv time other people could have used to get over

:lol that's one argument. :lol

So you don't like Austin, Rock or Flair either?

Austin for trying to come back when too injured.

Rock for coming back when not even on full-time roster

Flair for being "too old."

:lol

No ones ever too old. It's up to them when they retire or not. Hogan wanted to make a go of it, what the hell is wrong with that? He has passion for the business. I think he earnt that "go" at coming back. After all, he, along with Mr.Vincent Kennedy McMahon did put the WWE on the map :xyx

So you don't like Austin, Rock or Flair either?

Austin for trying to come back when too injured.

Rock for coming back when not even on full-time roster

Flair for being "too old."

Austin when he left he could still go to an extent and was smart enought o get out when he did... however i HATE HIS GUTS for what he has done away from the ring!

Rock i am getting fed up with, again last he was in wwe he could still go and he is used to put on good matches with guys that are getting a little help going over.. although i believe his last match was the WM match with hogan, where he actually managed to drag a decent match out the old fogey

Flair as has been said should retire from the ring but as he is still a good talker he should stay as a manager... this is a role i'd like to see Hogan replicate as he can cut good promos but i just don't think he should have got ring time.

Austin when he left he could still go to an extent and was smart enought o get out when he did... however i HATE HIS GUTS for what he has done away from the ring!

Rock i am getting fed up with, again last he was in wwe he could still go and he is used to put on good matches with guys that are getting a little help going over.. although i believe his last match was the WM match with hogan, where he actually managed to drag a decent match out the old fogey

Flair as has been said should retire from the ring but as he is still a good talker he should stay as a manager... this is a role i'd like to see Hogan replicate as he can cut good promos but i just don't think he should have got ring time.

Austin was smart. With an injury like that, you need time to re-group and think abou your future. You hate his guts for what he's done away from the ring? Which is what? If you are referring to the Debra incident then quite honestly that's a pointless statement to make. You dont know what happened, you dont know Stone Cold Steve Austin. For all you know, Debra could have tried to shoot Austin dead. The simple fact is, saying you "hate his guts" for something you know nothing about it just plain stupid.

As for The Rock, I agree with you here. He's in perfect shape and as much as he's done for the business he needs to either lace themup or hang them up. He doesn't take up TV time and is great to watch, but it's getting pathetic. The Rock teases us when he shows up and goes on making more movies. Sure, if that's what he wants to do then fine, but he should just carry on doing that. Unless he is willing to permanantly put guys over, on a regular basis. Not just when the WWE are in the Hollywood or Florida area. As for the Wrestlemania X8 match, it was both guys that put on a great show, not just The Rock.

Ric Flair is not a has been. He is a 16 x World Champion and only Ric Flair should decide when it's time to give it up. If he enjoys what he's doing, and in the process is putting people over, which he is. then so be it. He's a great entertainer to this very day. And you're right, he's great on the mic and should produce most of his work there. I'd rather Flair did lots of mic/manager work, and occasionaly wrestle a match. I dont want him hanging them up completely, because I still enjoy his matches. His very presence brings greatness to a wrestling ring. He can then save himself for special occasions. (E.G. -- Wrestlemania. Hometown matches. Or when someone is in need of being put over. And now and again, he can wrestle and beat somebody. No ones going to be affected by a loss to "The Nature Boy.")

Hang on a minute, this thread is about the WWE expecting us to forget the past when there move wrestlers on with the times, but i have a question, why did the WWE use fake wrestlers for Diesel and Razor?

I mean surely they would have thought 'Hang on, using someone with a different face might not work, the fans MIGHT just click on and turn on the gimmick'.

Austin, Rock, Flair

Here's my take on those 3 guys

Austin - as Dickie has said no fan really knows him, they know his persona and what gets written about him in the media - never taken press as fact. Remember this is Talk WRESTLING online - not talk about how much you hate someone who has probably given you a lot of entertainment as a fan, based on storys you may have heard.

The Rock - yeah, maybe he should make a decision about what he wants to do. I wanna see him back in wrestling on a full time basis but i really dont think thats gonna happen - but as a wrestling fan, i'm grateful for any tv time he has with wwe.

Flair - past his best - yes, past IT - no way. Flair seems to have a love for the business and will job to make other talent get over. I saw Flair wrestle live in Birmingham last May and although that match may not have been great to watch to some, it was a great work and funny as hell. Flair is the kind of guy in the industry that will do comedy for the betterment of the business without having the ego to say "no, i'm not doing that because it'll make me look stupid"

The fake Razor and Diesel was an attack on Scott Hall and Kevin Nash, who had just left for WCW, to show that they could easily be replaced. They got over as the characters WWF gave them, not any ability they had. They also used JR as a heel for the angle.