Camera in WWE Events

Dickie Hyde

I'm making this thread smply for information and to clear some things up. It will help me and hopefully in turn will help others.

I just wanted to clear a few things up.

The first 2 events I took a camera to were the Wrestlemania Revenge Tour at Sheffield (Smackdown!) and the Tour of Defiance at Birmingham. (RAW)

At those 2 events I took an ordinary camera. I was pretty far away. But the pictures were clear. I was happy with them.

Eventually, seeing as I was going to make a habit of it, my Mum bought me a digital camera. It's a fujifilm finepix one, with a wire that connects to the computer. Then I attendted a Wembley House Show in late 2004. (Live and Loaded)

I was excited at the prospect of my digital camera. I had top seats. I was at the front of the ring, floored seats, about middlish. Anyhow all of my pictures turned out blurry as I took them. When I viewed them they were fine, but as i pressed the action button it was just a blurred pic. (you could make it out most of the time, but thats besides the point)

Now you look at Randy RKO who posted his NYR pics from a digital camera. Great quality. Should I turn the flash off or something? Could it be the lighting that was stopping it, from the ring? I need to be closer?

It's soo annoying, because it turns out fine from an ordinary camera, when I paid money for a digital specifically for this and it goes all funny. I want to be able to upload them.

Also whats the deal with video camera in arenas? I'm looking to geta tiny one for say some of the HHH matches :) What's the likelyhood of it being spotted at a live show or at a house show? And taken away of course.

Any help is great,

Cheers,

Dickie

Well in the tickets it says no Video Cameras or Laser pens.

But if u have a digital camera/slash video camera that record a 1min video. Then u can hide it in ur pocket.

As far as myself I only have a digital camera.

But they didnt even check if it was a video camera too. They can't.

There not gonna check 15,000 + cameras and see if they have a video camera too.

So I think thats how people can take their digital/video camera to the WWE events.

I have a finepix and i had no problems with the default settings and flash and i was furthur away than you.

http://www.freewebs.com/drive_by_fm/DSCF0042.JPG

http://www.freewebs.com/drive_by_fm/DSCF0058.JPG

Maybe you moved the camera when pressing, or try making the shutter speed faster (see manual), OR take off the lens cap!

And for video cameras, you could probably slip a small one in under your jacket or at the bottom of your bag and they shouldn't spot you. You can also use the digital camera to take shorter movies.

The same thing happened to me aswell, the first couple of WWE events i go to, my pics turn out pretty good, then when Raw comes around i go and get a digital camera to get better quality photos, and then sure enough the pictures turned out blurred photos (so i ended up having about 50 blurred photos and about 20 decent ones :roll )

P.S. - I like when people post there photos from WWE events they attended, so the more pictures people post the better, so get posting! :) :P

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/DickieHyde/Jerchowiththeintercontinentalbelt.jpg This is Jericho with the intercontinental belt

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/DickieHyde/ChristianlooksonasEdgegoesforthecoveronJericho.jpg And this is Edge, Christian and Jericho in the ring.

What the ****? WHY?! Really pisses me off...

It's all down to the shutter speed and apiture ("F" Value) of the lens on your camera. If your camera has manual features, i.e on your toggle have "A" (Apiture variable) "S" (Shutter speed variable) and "M" (full manual), you can change the lens to suit the environment.

If you have a variable digital camera, set it on "M" when you are in the arena and take a few test shots under the light with a quick shutter speed - around 1/2000 and the F value of between 3 and 4. Shutter speed and apiture compensate for one another so u can a a fast shutter speed with the lowest apiture otherwise no light will get in.

This will vary with each camera, but just test it out :xyx

Does anyone else have or had this problem? And what did they adjust their camera too? Obviously I cant test it until im in the arena, which is bugging me. FinePix FujiFilm digital camera i have.

Anyone?!!!

Go down your local park or something - somewhere where people are moving anyway - and just d!ck about with all the settings on your camera. If you can judge how far away you might be it'd help too.

Does anyone else have or had this problem? And what did they adjust their camera too? Obviously I cant test it until im in the arena, which is bugging me. FinePix FujiFilm digital camera i have.

Anyone?!!!

What model of Finepix is it Dickie?

Here are some of my pics from Tour Of Defiance in Birmingham to Live and Loaded at Wembley.

http://www.freewebs.com/paul-kimber/100_0584.JPG

http://www.freewebs.com/paul-kimber/100_0562.JPG

They are a bit big as you can tell but you can see them and loads more (Yes they are smaller) at my site which is posted in my signature.

It's a FUJIFILM Fixpix A330/340 --- thats what i have the manual for.

Sorry Dickie, that camera doesnt have manual features so you cant adjust the setting, if you go through the the main menu, there might be a setting for "sports mode." If the camera has this then but it on this setting and it will automatically increase the shutter speed which should reduce the blurring, however it may be the case that it doesnt let in enought light

I've had exactly the same problem with my Olympus MJU 300 which doesnt even have sports mode - which kinda sucks seein as it was over £200 when I bought it!

Ok here it goes Andy:

Select the Photography mode:

Auto: = Leaves the "EV" and "White balance" settings to the camera.

Manual = Sets the "EV" and "White balance" to manual to easily control yourself.

Portrait = Uses for Photography getting beautiful skin tones and soft overall tone.

Scene = Uses for shooting scenery in daylight.

Sport = Uses for shooting sport events.

Night = Uses for shooting evening and night scene.

Specifify the photography settings:

Macro = Uses for up-close shots.

Flash = Uses for photography in dark locations or gor backlit subjects, e ct.

Quality = Set the size of the recorded image whn the picture is taken. The size set is matched to the intended use of print size.

Self-Timer = SELF EXPLAINATORY

EV (Exposure Composition) = Uses the AE exposure asa reference of 0, this function brightens or darkens the shot.

White Balance = Uses to fix the white balance to suit the photography conditions and lighting.

Ok Dickie,

Put it on sports mode in the arena and keep the flash on - that should give you the best results

Depending on how far you are away from the action - the flash probably wont reach but nevertheless, sports mode will get rid of the blurr or at least reduce it :thumbsup

Ok Andy thanks! Is there anyway of testing it out? Obviously not in an arena.

Anyhow what was the problem anyway? Is it the constant movement?

The blur is caused by the fast movement, plus underneath the bright lights - the lens under auto setting doesnt shut fast enough so too much light gets let in, causing even more of a blur