Is Randy Orton Better than H3?

Spiritchaser

:xyx

Lastly.......

I have asked the above question week in and week out, undoubtedly Bob's boy has the tools to be a huge star, but is he going to win 10 World Titles?

Or is HHH a worthwhile 10 time champion and comparing Randy to him is unfair on HHH?

Spiritchaser

Questioning? :thumbsup

Well, HHH is at the worst of his career. The amazing display he showed of increasing ability from 97-2000 was amazing. I'm still not sold on Randy being a main eventer. I would buy Cena as a main eventor more that Randy for some reason. He has yet to really develop himself. Once you step up to the main event ranks many lose the gimmicks and become actual people. Well, he lost his arrogant edge and his trying to hard to be a face. He needs to be more laid back and cocky. then it'll work.

It is unfair to compare HHH to Orton because HHH has a great past and was a main figure of the Attitude Era, the greatest era in pro wrestling. While Orton is still developing, and has a long way to go.

Orton is no where near his peak - yet at the moment he is the biggest face on Raw. Orton is the future for WWE, but IMO, Triple H is still currently the game. Saying this, I think putting the World Title back on him at NYR was wrong, althought I did put him down in my predictions. The timing of the chamber match was unfortunate, as it was close to 'Mania, WWE need to begin to mould the main event, which seems to be Orton vs HHH but who knows? It may be Orton vs HHH at the Rumble!?!

HHH is great at what he does, not as great at his 1999-2001 peak but great nonetheless. Randy won't achieve what he has simply because Randy doesn't have the opponents HHH had in his peak years. Foley, Rock, Austin, Vince, even Test are better than what Randy has faced TBH.

yes he did face Foley, but he was weeeelllllll past his best at the time, and there is no-one sadly, who is as good a foil as those mentioned above. The win over Taker at WM as I said in another thread is about the best he can hope for just now.

It's no secret that Randy Orton has all of the tools. And he's well on his way to becoming a big star. But as of right now, it would be unfair to compare him to Triple H.

Look at Hunter's past. It's full of greatness. He somewhat seems below par now if you compare him to his 97-00 years, and who wouldn't? That was simply incredible. Triple H is still great at what he does. He entertains the fans in his full fledged heel role. And gets them to hate him. However much you may dislike Triple H, IMO he still earns that bit of respect from you, which he rightly should.

Randy Orton has had a great start. He's got the "Youngest World Champion" thing under his belt, as well as the "Legend Killer" gimmick that he could quite easily pull out of the hat again. And IMO he should. This is what he needs. Randy Orton is not going to reach great heights as a face, but it is possible to do so as a heel. Fans will still love him as a heel, and deep down inside, I think we all prefer Randy Orton as a heel.

Randy Orton seems to be in his "comfort zone" as a heel. And can then concentrate on other things. His in-ring skills still need honing. He has all an up and coming wrestler can ask for. It's up to Randy Orton to decide where Randy Orton goes from here. IMO a win over Taker at Mania would do him the world of good. The Legend Killer heel gimmick would be back and he could have a possible trip to Smackdown that is rumoured in the draft lottery. Fresh feuds :) And Orton the top heel on Smackdown :)

Not bad ;)

It's no secret that Randy Orton has all of the tools. And he's well on his way to becoming a big star. But as of right now, it would be unfair to compare him to Triple H.

Look at Hunter's past. It's full of greatness. He somewhat seems below par now if you compare him to his 97-00 years, and who wouldn't? That was simply incredible. Triple H is still great at what he does. He entertains the fans in his full fledged heel role. And gets them to hate him. However much you may dislike Triple H, IMO he still earns that bit of respect from you, which he rightly should.

Randy Orton has had a great start. He's got the "Youngest World Champion" thing under his belt, as well as the "Legend Killer" gimmick that he could quite easily pull out of the hat again. And IMO he should. This is what he needs. Randy Orton is not going to reach great heights as a face, but it is possible to do so as a heel. Fans will still love him as a heel, and deep down inside, I think we all prefer Randy Orton as a heel.

Randy Orton seems to be in his "comfort zone" as a heel. And can then concentrate on other things. His in-ring skills still need honing. He has all an up and coming wrestler can ask for. It's up to Randy Orton to decide where Randy Orton goes from here. IMO a win over Taker at Mania would do him the world of good. The Legend Killer heel gimmick would be back and he could have a possible trip to Smackdown that is rumoured in the draft lottery. Fresh feuds :) And Orton the top heel on Smackdown :)

Not bad ;)

Exactly. They made Orton a face too soon, but he has the potential to be the next Rock.

Look, I hate HHH as much as the next guy, but even I can see clearly that Orton is nowhere near as good as HHH.

Orton's just an average all rounder, there is absolutely nothing special about the guy at all like I have always said. They'll be able to book him well as a main eventer easily in the short term but the chances of Orton being remembered down the line are pretty damn low in my opinion (I'm not saying HHH will be remembered alongside the Austins the Hogans etc either of course, contrary to what Big Nose is hoping to be). If you see the next Rock/Austin in that guy, start wearing glasses, or get a new pair.

I just reckon at the moment that they could put most stars in Orton's position at the moment (chasing HHH for the title indefinitely) and they'd be as successful as Orton has been, if not more.

I don't hate Orton, and I don't love HHH, I'm just saying that whilst HHH had the "it" factor and would be entertaining if he wasn't either challenging for or wearing the World Heavyweight title, (aka the HHH belt) Orton is really nothing special at all.

As some other people have said, it's not fair to compare Orton to HHH. But if I absolutely had to...Orton would lose in every category.

First and foremost, Orton's in-ring ability is average in every shape and form. But despite that, he does have some above average mike skills...that have been put totally to waste by his face turn. Just as I started to like him as a heel...they turn him.

But of course, we should have seen this coming. Orton was obviously being pushed for the belt. And we already have a heel champion in Triple H. I guess it never occurred to WWE to push a talented face instead of turning a mediocre heel.

Regardless of what anyone says, Triple H is still at the top of his game. (no pun intended). The difference between now and the 'attitude era'? Opponents, of course. WWE is in a rebuilding stage at the moment. But as soon as we get some solid personalities, HHH will shine again.

Strive for Righteousness!

• Like 1