Bring Back the Undisputed Title?

Spiritchaser

I like Trippers as champ. Im slowly warming to JBL as a character but hes still not main event or champ material.

But when they split the belts up it was kind of like, ok we've just spent the last 6 or 7 months building this title up as the best title in the world, but it means nothing and we wasted all our time because its not Undisputed anymore. But then it was already ruined anyway by having about 5 different champs in the last few months of its existance. Jericho dropped to Aitch, Aitch to Hogan, Hogan to Taker, Taker to Rock, Rock to Brock. They should of kept it on one guy for a length of time, it worked when it was on Jericho so they should of kept it as it was

Having 2 brands works for WWE right now. With the 2 shows it allows young talent to break through - as we have seen with Orton on Raw and Cena on Smackdown. It seems that WWE are finding it very difficult to make another Stone Cold or Rock at the moment. Orton seems to be the guy who will make it big, but he is still learning.

As a fan, I would love to see the Undisputed title return, but face it, its not gonna happen because of the way its going right now, WWE dont need to have an Undisputed champ. JBL, who I used to absolutely hate, has, IMO, moulded himself into one of the most hated champions in recent history this would not have been possible if there was a unified belt

I loved Jericho when he had the two belts in his possession. It just lloked and felt better IMO.

Just now I would make Christian the UC, but have it as a tourney where the current champs get a bye into the final. The winners of the Smackdown and Raw tourneys go into a 4-way Elimination match at a PPV. It would be HHH v JBL v CLB v Cena and Christian would win it. That would be cool.

Just now I would make Christian the UC' date=' but have it as a tourney where the current champs get a bye into the final. The winners of the Smackdown and Raw tourneys go into a 4-way Elimination match at a PPV. It would be HHH v JBL v CLB v Cena and Christian would win it. That would be cool.[/quote']

Couldn't agree more Cage. Christian for Undisputed Champion!!!

Hmmm this is a tricky one. Having just one Undisputed Title would only really work in my opinion if the roster split was scrapped. It would reek of awesome-ness if at next years Rumble whoever won would become Undisputed Champ!

It'll never happen though, but I'd love to see Edge get his hands on the strap some time soon.

I agree, the undisputed title should be brought back. The undisputed champion should be the only one thats able to go back and forth to both shows.HHH goes back in forth to both shows anyway because he helps run Smackdown behind the scenes with Stephanie. So I say why not?

This give the World title SOME credibility. I mean its a waste of time and money to have both shows to be honest.Raw is clearly the better show and Smackdown keeps sinking even futher down in quality . I say its time to put both World titles back together. I mean its kind of sad that the only time we get to see both shows together is PPV's like Wrestlemania and the Royal Rumble. And half of the time its a tease between two of their biggest stars and not a major storyline between them. I say put JBL and HHH in one ring for the undisputed title. May the best heel win. But indeed, the undisputed title should come back.

JBL as undisputed champion... sounds good! well better than HHH AGAIN!!!

Come on TAJ, I've better see Funaki as Undisputed champion than JBL.

To me JBL sucks, I don't know why Vince all of a sudden made him the top heel on smackdown.

Come onnnnn. This guys is a mide carder at best.

JBL has been turned from a mid carder into a main eventer. His gimmick works very well and hes grown on a lot of people (including me). I think his first title reign should come to an end for now though. SmackDown has a lot of great talent that should be at the top at the mo - eg. Angle, Show, Taker, etc.

I just don't like the guy.

I've seen him his entire carrer as Bradshaw.The fat guy that drinks beer and his only move is the clotheline. I just don't see how Vince can give him the title with so much more people that deserve it.

Ex. RVD,Booket T,Cena,Angle and Undertaker.

Come on TAJ, I've better see Funaki as Undisputed champion than JBL.

To me JBL sucks, I don't know why Vince all of a sudden made him the top heel on smackdown.

Come onnnnn. This guys is a mide carder at best.

Funaki.. wwe numba one champion!

If i can be serious for a minute Funaki is someone i would seriously love to get a tougher persona and move in among the bug guys but i think his size would mean itwould never work regretably

I dont think they should bring the Undisputed title back, cause lets just say Undertaker is Undisputed champ, and he is fueding with Angle leading into WM, you will then have Undertaker on Raw in pointless fueds with nobodys, because they aint going to beat him for title or get a PPV match cause hes fueding with Angle over on SD for the title, and Angle has the PPV title shot.

The 2 championships work better, because then you have 2 good solid championship matches, rather than an Undisputed champion crushing everyone on the opposite show to guy hes fueding with.

taking the mick = being sarcastic

Well of course , cause we know thats not gonna happen.

But that doesnt take away tha Funaki is one great worker.

Just he wasnt used much.

Oh and slim, yeahh lets make a faction.

Everyone put in their sig

FUNAKI FOR WWE CHAMPION

INDEEEDDDD

Well of course , cause we know thats not gonna happen.

But that doesnt take away tha Funaki is one great worker.

Just he wasnt used much.

Oh and slim, yeahh lets make a faction.

Everyone put in their sig

FUNAKI FOR WWE CHAMPION

INDEEEDDDD

thats my point i'd love to see him as champion but his size means its not gonna happen unless they do what they did with HHH and Brooklyn brawler, having him go over as a shocker maybe to show some weakness in JBL but be kinda squished the next week

I agree with bringing the undispited championship back wholeheartedly, but I feel that in order to do that they're going to need to end the roster split, which I dont see happening.

The thing that bugs me is the whole title belt thing. I am starting a belt collection. And they say that Triple H is a 10 time World Heavyweight Champion, yet he hasn't held the World Heavyweight Championship 10 times, it's a combination of his WWF title reigns, undisputed title reign and World Heavywight Championship title reigns.

What I dont understand is, if HHH was to move to Smackdown, would he be a 10 time WWE champion? And if so, that makes JBL a current 1 time World Heavyweight Champion? And that's all wrong. It just doesnt make sense!

The names are the main problem with the belts. The WWE/F title was always the best. But then the World Heavyweight Championship is the best. Then you'll think you have it worked out when Jim Ross announces: "He's a 10 time WWE champion folks"

ARRRRGGGH HELP!!!!

HHH is a 5 time WWE Champion and a 5 time World Heayweight Champion. Add them together and you get 10. If you notice when they announce him as a 10 time champion, they call him a 10 time 'World' champion, not WWE and not World Heayweight.

Notice how the Dudleyz get announced as 18 time(i think) Tag Team Champions, they dont get annouced as 18 time WWE, 18 time WCW or 18 time ECW champions, they simply get known as 18 time Tag Team Champions.