Best Music DVD/VHS

wyndorf

I find great pleasure in rocking out to a nice Music DVD/VHS.

My favourites at the moment are:

Tenacious D 'The complete masterworks'

The videos are great, but the HBO specials are pure gold. Anything that involves the sale of 'Rock Star' semen at a homemade lemonade stand, Is ok by me. Gotta love toilet humour.

Drowning Poll 'Sinema'

Dimebag Darrell launching a firework at a semi-conscious Dave Williams, sends this one to the top of my most watched and loved music DVD.

I bought the Korn Live At The Hammersmith DVD, and I will now sell body organs to see them live. The stage was incredible, the crowd was rabid (moshing to 'Twist' for crying out loud), and Davies, Munky and Fieldy were on top form. Fantastic show, great songs, great DVD, and had a cool behind the scenes dealie that shows Davies as a much more sombre soul than many would believe.

I have to agree about The D's Complete Masterworks, the whole 2 disc set is a complete classic. What makes it better for me is that i was at the live concert featured :xyx

Another decent music dvd is CKY - Infiltrate Destroy Rebuild The Video Album. It has videos for every track on the album, plus a "making of" for each. Also if you get the bonus dvd then it contains a feature on the Band, great stuff.

Another decent music dvd is CKY - Infiltrate Destroy Rebuild The Video Album. It has videos for every track on the album' date=' plus a "making of" for each. Also if you get the bonus dvd then it contains a feature on the Band, great stuff.[/quote']

Alan you legend

Yeah you can get the special set of this like I got from my sister for Chrimbo with the album as well. Its brilliant and also features two other videos, including 96 Quite Bitter Beings. one feature is also you can watch the videos back to back with commentary from Deron, Chad, Vern and with Jess ont he phone about each video.

Also u2 Rattle and Hum is awesome, i got that for my mom at Chrimbo

I have to go with Rammstein's "Lichtspielhaus" , one rocking DVD to really bang your head to!!! It incorporates not only all their video clips up until the album "Mutter" but it has live recordings among many other features too such as TV spots, makings of and behind the scenes footage.

Also wanted to make a special mention of the Pantera videos. They are brilliantly put together and downright hilarious when it comes to some of their antics such as throwing burning paper at their head of security. Got to be seen to do it proper justice!!!!

I bought the Korn Live At The Hammersmith DVD' date=' and I will now sell body organs to see them live. The stage was incredible, the crowd was rabid (moshing to 'Twist' for crying out loud), and Davies, Munky and Fieldy were on top form. Fantastic show, great songs, great DVD, and had a cool behind the scenes dealie that shows Davies as a much more sombre soul than many would believe.[/quote']

The sound system Korn use live is kinda ****ty.

I have quite a lot of footage and have seen them and i have never come across a time when they sounded great.

If it wasn't for the crowd the shows wouldn't be that amazing.

But anyway back to the point, the best music DVD i have is The Kids Are Alright by The Who and on VHS i would say all of the Pantera home videos.

I actually thought it all sounded good (although I was surprised at how girly Jon Davis actually sounds sometimes, especially when singing "gonna break it down" during 'Here To Stay'). It's also a shame that they'rte getting on a bit because they're still energetic guys, they are just restricted more to bending over as much as possible and bopping up and down. Shame, but alas.

Ones in my collections that are great;

The Best of REM (although it isn't the best of just a Warner Bros best of)

REM - Perfect Square, Concert Performed in Germany in 2003 or 4 I can never remember.

Our Lady Peace - live, if only my DVD drive hadn't permenantly gone into Region 2 mode so I could actually watch this

South Africa Freedom Day - got this as a momento of the gig in Trafalgar Square. REM were the highlight for me, but we also had lots of other acts through the evening. Including the amazing Ladysmith Black Mambazo.

Ones in my collections that are great;

The Best of REM (although it isn't the best of just a Warner Bros best of)

REM - Perfect Square, Concert Performed in Germany in 2003 or 4 I can never remember.

Our Lady Peace - live, if only my DVD drive hadn't permenantly gone into Region 2 mode so I could actually watch this

South Africa Freedom Day - got this as a momento of the gig in Trafalgar Square. REM were the highlight for me, but we also had lots of other acts through the evening. Including the amazing Ladysmith Black Mambazo.

Doesn't that REM one have footage from Stirling Castle on it?