What is the 5 best slasher films of all time that you've ever seen?

The Franchise

I love me some horror flims.And slasher films indeed are on top of the list as one of my favorites to watch.So guys what is your top 5 slasher films of all time?

Heres my top 5.

1.Friday The 13th-Mrs.Vorhees indeed was one of my killers of all time.Not only did she have that Mrs.Cleaver appeal but she was a very smart killer too.All of the Friday movies always had massive body counts. And not to mention some of the goriest demises in slasher film history.Truly the best.

2.Halloween-What is scarier than a guy that been shot 6 times,stabbed in the eye with a wire hanger,and poked in the neck with Knitting needles that keeps on coming? Nothing. Michael Myers is the man. The way he killed people ranged from symbolic to just flat out evil! Overall the Halloween films were great because of the story.But it also was a cool slasher film that took it in-depth storylines to the next level.A true classic.

3.The Burning-This movie alot of you probably have never heard of.But this movie was basically a rip-off of Friday the 13th.But it actually had its better points too.This guy was burned in a prank gone bad so naturally he set out to get revenge on everyone that was in that camp when he returned.

He also killed people with Garden Hedges.Overall the movie had great gore and a decent body count. If you ever get a chance to watch it do so.You'll like it.

4.Nightmare On Elm St.-Freddy Kruger indeed had to be the most creative slasher of all time.I mean how do you combat a guy that can kill you in your sleep? He was the ultimate slasher! I mean at least with the other guys you simply had to stay out of their patch in order to survive.But everybody has to fall asleep sometime. The body count on most of the Elm st movies varied.But still nobody put more thought into kills like Freddy did.

5.The Texas Chainsaw Massacre-Leatherface was what you would call spooky as hell.A tranvestite,a cannibal,and he was indeed a very fast moving fat bastard while carrying that chainsaw. I didnt like the remake of the film but the original always to this day to me was the best. Overall this movie was just creepy.But some of the things that he did to people was just awful.One of my favorite slasher films.

So what about you guys? Whats your favorites?

In no order whatsoever:

1) Nightmare On Elm Street: This....is God!

2) Halloween. The first of the can't be stopped mute killers to go mainstream, and that theme music.

3) Cut: A great low-budget Aussie movie. If you haven't seen it, do so. There is a scene in it that Halloween Resurection rips off, but this movie does it better. The scene when Busta is dressed as Michael and the real Michael is also there, but Cut does it better.

4) Freddy vs Jason: It's Freddy v Jason, duh.

5) Friday the 13th part 4,6,7, Jason X *: These are the 'pinnacle' of the Jason series. With 6 + 7 being the standouts. The scene when the sofa is telekinetically thrown at Jason, and he just looks at it, unable to comprehend how the little woman threw the sofa at him without touching it. And 4 is just great and Corey Haim's best performance. Plus you've gotta love a franchise (not him) that has the fourth in a series of 11(and counting) billed as the Final Chapter, which it was planned to be.

* Parts 1,2,3 are okay, 5 is really good and the less about 8 & 9 the better.

5 has a great twist, that was obvious to me, but not to many who saw it.

I was gonna put Hellraiser 1,2,3 or 5, but I don't think they're slashers.

Edited by DC

Any horror fan worth their salt knows what the Burning is.

I have always thought the gore level in the Burning was so overhyped.

The only bit that was slightly due a wince was when the guy from Short circuit got his fingers cut off with the hedge trimmers.

1.) Halloween (obviously).

2.) Black Christmas - A far superior made slasher to say Friday The 13th.

3.) The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (the original not the kack remake).

4.) A Nightmare On Elm Street - Wes's most perfectly made film that's only messed up by the stupid ending.

5.) Suspiria - This has always been a favourite of mine, even though it isn't a slasher film in the traditional sense and is more like a thriller.

The fact that it's some of Argento's best work is enough for any horror fan to have seen it.

i have to say i am not a fan of slashers as to me they are not that scary compared to say the Alien or Predator or Sadako (yes i feel that if you want a scary kid murderer Japanese girls like Sadako and mitsuko from BR are scarier than jason... although Kiriyama was truly terrifying in BR) so my faves are the scream trilogy, scary movie and urban legend which all poked fun at how cheesy and predictable most slasher movies are.

Dr Giggles was a straight horror, with the mentally challenged' guy from LA Law, who also played Durant in the Darkman movies. He's a dentist (I think) who cuts out patients organs when they are out of it on laughing gas, but concious throughout. Hence Dr Giggles.

1. halloween ... myers is the best of the best

2. nightmare on elm street .... freddy was cold-blooded but had a humerous side to him that made him appealing to some

3. puppet master ... from the first time i saw these movies i fell in love with them ... gotta love blade and six shooter

4. friday the 13th ... this may not be my favorite thrasher franchise but it does deserve mention for its longevity

5. evil dead/ army of darkness .... Ash is the man ... gotta love the boomstick

1. halloween ... myers is the best of the best

2. nightmare on elm street .... freddy was cold-blooded but had a humerous side to him that made him appealing to some

3. puppet master ... from the first time i saw these movies i fell in love with them ... gotta love blade and six shooter

4. friday the 13th ... this may not be my favorite thrasher franchise but it does deserve mention for its longevity

5. evil dead/ army of darkness .... Ash is the man ... gotta love the boomstick

You are aware that the Evil Dead series are not slasher films.

the evil dead are zombie movies' date=' very silly ones at that.. well army ofdarkness is at least :D[/quote']

They're not zombies, they're DEADITES!! :P

Basically demons conjured using the Necronomicon, or Book of the Dead. :eek

I think it really is safe to say that horror/slasher movie just aint what they used to be, I seriously loved all the old one Friday 13th being the one that got me the most, how can a guy who never talks scare someone so much. All the others had agendas Jason just killed with no real purpose, if he saw them he'd kill them.

Candyman 1 and 2 were pretty good too, my sister was afraid of going near a mirror for months after.

Recent slasher movies just dont do it for me, I like going to the cinema with a guy and having to wince into his shoulder at least once and in the past 6 years that hasnt happened once, unless its a big cinema showing some of the classics.

xXx

If you want a laugh get Camp Blood out of the video shop. It is the most absurdly awful slasher ever. The sleeve makes it look good' date=' but it is so bad it's great."[/quote']

You ever seen Clud Dread... Thats another one for the list of worst slasher ever!!!

You ever seen Clud Dread... Thats another one for the list of worst slasher ever!!!

With Club Dread, it's meant to be a spoof, a piss-take of the genre, so it's allowed to be bad. Camp Blood is supposed to be a serious movie. Well as serious as teen-slashers can be. It even stole the nickname for Camp Crystal Lake, and proceeded to piss on the Friday the 13th legacy with it. F***ers! :evil