Maven *NYR Spoilers*

Sem

i just dont like the tone of his voice

its hard to take him seriously

and the fact that he came from tough enough doesnt help his casue either

i cant really see him be taken seriouly as a champ

look what happened at YNR lol

Edited by Sem

Maven showed pretty good mic skills last night in my opinion. I just wish they would have actually WRESTLED.

I also read on another site that the reason they got Maven to do so much mic work instead of wrestle was because his house show matches with Shelton Benjamin were not very good. Then my question is, why put these two in a match at a pay-per-view if they can't put on a decent match at a house show? Maven was good on the mic, but the two 'losses' to Shelton last night killed a lot of the heat he received. But that's my opinion.

I have thought Maven was worth a push for ages. If you call a top rope Bulldog a finisher though then think again, Maven - get some tapes from your boss and nick a dead wrestler's finisher that you like. Simple yet effective.

Maven's voice is weird, he's stressing some of his words with a peculiar accent, but his cocky demeanour is working well. The actual NYR "matches" were a farce but the heat from the crowd as he spoke directly to them was awesome.

I think Maven is ok now, i really hated him as a face cause he sucked so badly, but as a heel he was really good on the mic last night and had some great heel heat, if he improves in the ring i could possibly see an IC reign for him sometime in the future.

And thank god he's ditched those horrible pink trunks :)

Can I just remind you all about the new spoiler rules:

http://www.talkwrestlingonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17226

This thread was NOT marked with the *Spoilers* tag (I've edited the title since)...so those of you that talked about the NYR show just broke the rule!

If you really need to post spoilers about the show, you MUST use the spoiler function if the thread is not marked with the *Spoilers* tag in its title.

If you dont know how the spoiler funtion works, please see:

http://www.talkwrestlingonline.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5078

There is an instant 3 day cool-off ban for members who post spoilers...but as this is a new rule, I'll let you off this time.

No wonder all the people at the PPV last night was chanting"PATO,PATO!" when Maven came out.LOL! If those tights of his gets any more attention we may have to send him on an exclusive tour in San Francisco alot more. Maven needs to be taken under the wing of someone thats willing to show him exactly how to perfect being a heel.

Somebody like HHH or somebody like Ric Flair. But other than that I cant help but laugh at the fact that he gets a shot at Shelton Benjamin for the IC title on a major PPV. This match could've been on Heat or Velocity.Did it deserve to be on PPV? No way.

Maven is okay,but hes still pretty green.He needs a makeover,better mic skills, and a bone-crunching finisher to get finally get over.Till then send that boy back to Heat where he belongs. :devil

Honestly, I think the fact that he is basically the only Tough Enough 'star' still around and actually in the ring, on the telly, on a weekly basis just proves that Vince et al must think pretty highly of him.

His mic work is great, he just needs to lose the shorts and sound a bit meaner and I think he'd make a great heel. And those involved must think so too or they wouldn't be giving him such a push.

Besides, I think all this sucky, 'no wrestling involved' matches are just setting up for Maven to give Shelton such a pasting...and end up as IC champ.

What Maven needs to do is continue with the good mic work but learn a few decent wrestling maneuvers and actually use them in a match. A bit of cardio-vascular work wouldn't hurt either, might make the "wrestling" part of the match last a bit longer.

I was saying that Maven was a half-decent performer not too long ago and deserved a decent push but lookng at his recent matches, I'm beginning to rethink my assessment of him.

I thought Maven was great as a heel over the last few weeks, I was wondering why they didn't turn him heel ages ago as he's been great.

What's wrong with a top rope bulldog as a finisher? It's certainly a devastating move, and difficult to do correctly, so looks good.

Hopefully they'll have a long fued against Shelton, by which time Shelton should be ready to move on to the main event and Maven can take the IC belt.

Ed

By the sounds of it, a long feud with Shelton isn't going to happen. I think Maven just needs to work on his in-ring stuff. I'm not expecting him to be a Kurt Angle but he does need to pick up his game a little bit. His mic work is coming along well and he could be an IC Champion in a while, just not yet.

I still don't think what happened the other night was bad for Maven. He's a heel so it really doesn't matter how a heel loses. Heels get their heat in promos, faces get them in promos but probably more importantly, in matches. That's how I look at it anyway.

No wonder all the people at the PPV last night was chanting"PATO,PATO!" when Maven came out.LOL!

What does that mean?

I couldn't make out any of the crowd chants except for the "boring" one during the Lawler match.

How come Maven is getting such praise for his heat generation at the PPV? Heidenreich got tremendous heat from the crowd at Manchester, but I didn't hear much praise for him.

After NYR, as far as I am concerned get Maven back where I don't see him (i.e Heat) and keep him away from the mic, his voice is just horrible (and that's from a Brummie!)

I think theyve completly ruined Maven. Im a massive fan of Maven but theyve ruined him they really have. His heel turn was pointless, he should have joined Evolution when he had the chance rather than just beat up Eugene two weeks after for no reason. He got squashed at the pay per view and theyve been really screwing the poor guy around

Maven has good mic skills and worked the Puerto Rico crowd very well I'll give him that-but that will never compensate for the fact that he's a terrible wrestler and I'll never be able to take him seriously because he won a wrestling contract on a reality tv show-while other ppl have been busting their balls for years to work for WWE.

What does that mean?

I couldn't make out any of the crowd chants except for the "boring" one during the Lawler match.

How come Maven is getting such praise for his heat generation at the PPV? Heidenreich got tremendous heat from the crowd at Manchester, but I didn't hear much praise for him.

After NYR, as far as I am concerned get Maven back where I don't see him (i.e Heat) and keep him away from the mic, his voice is just horrible (and that's from a Brummie!)

Well Keith, The word "Pato" means faggot in their language. :lol