Lets accept that vince knows best

Christof

I don't know about you guys but I view the WWE product with growing dissillusionment. Time and time again we see the same things, the same god awful writing and plots.

I have come to one conclusion. Maybe we should just put up and shut up. Obviously Vincent Kennedy McMahon knows best. i mean he is the guy in charge of WWE he knows what we the fans want to see. We want to see steroided up to the hill big men without any ring skill fighting it out in 15 minute slug fests every match. We want the same champion and the same people dominating the title scene all of the time. We don't want those puny cruiserweights putting on skillful fast paced matches. We don't want women able to put together a decent match instead of just being playboy wannabes.

Lets face it if we do want any of that then we are just stupid internet fans that are spoiling the industry by continually buying their crappy PPV's and watching their decreasingly entertaining shows in the vain hope that things improve. We are stupid for wanting to be treated as adults and not four year old kids, we obviously don't want cohesive storylines. Vince knows best, we want stuff to just not make sense and the continual burial of real stars at the expense of Vince's pet projects. We don't want real wrestling fans writing storylines when we have expensive talent from Hollywood to write it.

So maybe the time has come to just accept all of this, because nothing is going to change for a long time.

RIP

WWE

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about you guys but I view the WWE product with growing dissillusionment. Time and time again we see the same things, the same god awful writing and plots.

I have come to one conclusion. Maybe we should just put up and shut up. Obviously Vincent Kennedy McMahon knows best. i mean he is the guy in charge of WWE he knows what we the fans want to see. We want to see steroided up to the hill big men without any ring skill fighting it out in 15 minute slug fests every match. We want the same champion and the same people dominating the title scene all of the time. We don't want those puny cruiserweights putting on skillful fast paced matches. We don't want women able to put together a decent match instead of just being playboy wannabes.

Lets face it if we do want any of that then we are just stupid internet fans that are spoiling the industry by continually buying their crappy PPV's and watching their decreasingly entertaining shows in the vain hope that things improve. We are stupid for wanting to be treated as adults and not four year old kids, we obviously don't want cohesive storylines. Vince knows best, we want stuff to just not make sense and the continual burial of real stars at the expense of Vince's pet projects. We don't want real wrestling fans writing storylines when we have expensive talent from Hollywood to write it.

So maybe the time has come to just accept all of this, because nothing is going to change for a long time.

RIP

WWE

Very true Christof. If every wrestling fan came together on the same page and send millions upon millions of e-mails to Vince's office telling him that if you dont change your product to our liking we wont watch any of your PPV's or pack in the arenas during your live and house shows then he would listen.

But since that isnt going to happen anytime soon he would basically wipe a monkeys rear with what people like us would think about how crappy his product has been lately. :roll

Very true Christof. If every wrestling fan came together on the same page and send millions upon millions of e-mails to Vince's office telling him that if you dont change your product to our liking we wont watch any of your PPV's or pack in the arenas during your live and house shows then he would listen.

Let's be brutally honest here. Would we all really do that? Not the e-mails, the not watching WWE bit. Deep down I bet we know we'd continue watching in good times and bad. A crappy WWE is better than no WWE and we'd carry on, like now hoping maybe, someday, it'll all be fixed...

I don't watch much WWE these days, cause frankly the majority I watch is pretty awful, incredibly repetitive, lacking in creativity and just mundane. I'll watch something if I hear it's been good or whatever, but I don't go out of my way for it, because as a wrestling fan, watching it, is insulting. It's like Don King buying The Premiership and doing it his way, and all the fans going wot the **** is this?

I don't want Seinfeld's writers writing a wrestling show, they can go write a sitcom, I want wrestling writers doing it. It's not the wrestlers fault, but the people behind the scenes, and until Vince realises to produce a good wrestling show, you actually need to know what a good wrestling show is, I won't be frequently watching WWE again.

But since that isnt going to happen anytime soon he would basically wipe a monkeys rear with what people like us would think about how crappy his product has been lately. :roll

If every wrestling fan wrote to Vince requesting what they wanted, they wouldn't all agree.

Just see the Kurt Angle thread for example, you Franchise would be telling Vince to make RVD the champ, me and a couple of others would be telling Vince to tell RVD "Yourrrrr're fffffirrrrred!"

You can't please everyone and there are always going to be things that you think you could do better.

Since the RAW in the UK show last year, I think RAW's been great. I'm not disillusioned at all, sure there's been some crappy matches, but when hasn't there been? I think the main event scene is red hot. I enjoy RAW, same can't really be said about Smackdown! The only guy I find entertaining at the moment on SD! is JBL.

Since the RAW in the UK show last year' date=' I think RAW's been great. I'm not disillusioned at all, sure there's been some crappy matches, but when hasn't there been? I think the main event scene is red hot. I enjoy RAW, same can't really be said about Smackdown! The only guy I find entertaining at the moment on SD! is JBL.[/quote']

Im with Wyndorf on this one. I still enjoy RAW and to a lesser extent SD!. The match between Mysterio/RVD and Booker T/Eddie last week was quality, and this week Mysterio and Eddie, and also RVD and Doug Basham was also good. I dont have many complaints with the WWE right now. The only 2 are, Heidenreich and the divas who are getting too much airtime.

If every wrestling fan wrote to Vince requesting what they wanted, they wouldn't all agree.

Just see the Kurt Angle thread for example, you Franchise would be telling Vince to make RVD the champ, me and a couple of others would be telling Vince to tell RVD "Yourrrrr're fffffirrrrred!"

You can't please everyone and there are always going to be things that you think you could do better.

Well, heres the thing.Everybody has different tastes.But its the people that comes to the arena,its the people that pays for the PPVs.And its the people that makes these entertainers wealthy.Yes there are guys in the back that writes out scripts for these guys to follow week in and week out. But if your ratings continue to plummet that means that something isnt right.

Plus just like with everything in the world that goes for movies,music,video games,and sports for that matter.You always want to keep the original flavor to what works,but every now and then add a little spice to make things even more interesting.With Pro Wrestling this is something thats been lacking.

Its time to give the WWE a must needed make-over.At one point in time Vincent Kennedy McMahon swore to each and every one of us that we would be seeing a new Raw with new matches did he not?(During the 2nd draft with Bischoff and Paul Heyman) And ever since he said that has he kept his word? No. What new matches have we truly seen? HHH vs. Orton,Snitsky and Kane,Benoit vs. every heel,Shelton Benjamin vs.Maven,and um......Not much. Not enough variety in my book.None.The World title is supposed to be what the fuss is all about.

The World title picture is supposed to be what everyone wants to have. Why is it that only a handful of the SAME guys over and over again gets those shots? Guys like Christian has been around for a long time,hes held many titles throughout his career.How come he never gets a shot at HHH for the belt? Same can be said about Edge.But yet no Edge vs.HHH for the gold.

Back in the glory days of wrestling everybody whether you were a face or a heel was after the World title.It didnt matter who held it.The IC title picture used to be honorable.Now its basically where they put the people that the writers doesnt know what to do with. The IC picture is basically non-existant compared to the spotlight the World title gets.

Yes, we cant get out wishes forfilled most of the time.But how about some of the time? I mean the WWE needs to stop re-using the same old crap they've been shoveling for years and they need to start using new material.The WWE could learn a thing or two from the NWA days of wrestling.They really could.

And yes I am seriously saying the hell with the WWE until Wrestlemania or until JBL and HHH losers their titles.

Edited by The Franchise

Like franchise said earlier if every fan had a choice? well i know id be dissopointed if RVD become world champ, or if hed be fired, they could get better writers and make better storylines but, if we could choose what would be the point?

what? what? what?

RIP

WWE

Vince doesnt know best. Perhaps my point of view is unjustly biased because of the fact im a massive fan of the product TNA is putting out week in, week out but WWE has become nothing more than a joke to me

Firstly is Vinces obsession with big men rather than talent. Thats one main reason that WWE is struggling. He brings people in based ontheir size rather than their talent. See Nathan Jones, Matt Morgan, Gene Snitsky. Second of all, theyre not getting their stars over well enough. Back in the day what did Edge and Christian do to get over? Ladder matches? Con Chair Tos. Being cool. Tried and tested methods that arent oer the top and based mainly on ridiculous gimmicks are a sure fire way of getting people over. Vince doesnt seem to realise that so in 2004, we have a man supposedly dead back again. In 2003 Kane magically escaped a skip full of fire without a scratch. Its ridiculous and it doesnt do anything to please the viewer

Like Vince Russo said, the worst thing you can do in the business is to insult the viewer, because the minute you insult their intelligence, you've lost them. I think WWE have certainly insulted wrestling fans intelligence many a time, especially over the last few years. Zach Gowen was just a fan who managed to get a contract because Roddy Piper pulled his leg off? Everyone knew he wasnt a fan. Ric Flair punched a fan chasing Undertaker. Strange how that fan looed identical to Paul London. Its something WWE have made a habit of, and its a bad choice.

Again like Russo said, , most people sit with the flicker in their hand, and the minute you bore the viewer, boom channel changed and you've lost them and its hard to get them back. Russo also said that long matches on TV, its a waste of time. Now i agree with him completely. Not long ago 60 minutes, Triple H vs Benoit on RAW. Im a massive Triple H fan, but on normal Tv when theres other things on i could be watched, sooner or later its going to bore me and i'll turn over. If it was a PPV on the other hand, its when theres nothing else on and all the viewers then have paid to see wrestling. Put long matches and loads of wrestling on then because you know that 95% of your audience are watching to see wrestling. When its just television you dont know that. WWE lost me as a viewer because they bored me, and like Russo said, the minute they did that, they lost me as a fan and viewer. And what got my viewing then? TNA. And you know I can honestly say Ive never sat and watched a full 2 and a half hour TNA PPV , a 3 hour PPV , Xplosion of iMPACT and been bored. Biased opinion? Perhaps. Honest? Yes. Whats so grea about TNA that doesnt bore me? Well on iMPACT they dont drag matches out any longer than they have to. You always know that the matches wont go any longer than ten minutes a time or 15 for the main event. Its a fantastic feature that i didnt like at first but its grown on me.

So no I dont think McMahon does know best. The way i see it hes got to do 3 things in order to really get WWE back to its peak. 1-Utilise talent, rather than size and get people over properly. 2-Not insult the intelligence of the viewer. 3-Not bore people.

Thats my 2 Cents

• Like 1

although i have no access to TNA orthe rest as soon as/if the wrestling channel come on telewest i think i will probably be pretty much gone from wwe's fanbase only watching SD! occasionally if i hear they are having a CW match thats good. so i pretty much agree with every single word fletch said

I also feel that RAW has been mildly entertaining over the last few months, while SD is rapidly going down the drain in my opinion. However, I made a promise to my self this new year to stop wasting time and money on WWE, and rather on the various Indy promotions (RoH, CZW, IWA, etc), just to see if I find that more entertaining. I just feel WWE has become to predictable, and for some reason, I find that surprise is an element I dearly loved when I was younger watching WCW. I almost fell off my chair when Hogan was the 3rd member of the Outsiders. But then again, maybe the element of surprise will come back if I stop reading wrestling rumors and stop reading threads at forums...

2005: The year WWE lose more fans than they know...XD

Is it just me, or is there something of a real sense of online disillusionment going around more than ever these days?

I wonder, then, how long it'll be before the lesser knowledgable fans catch onto the scent of defeat?

Could this be the start of a potentially memorable year for the WWE - in all the wrong ways?

Time may tell...:D

2005: The year WWE lose more fans than they know...XD

Is it just me, or is there something of a real sense of online disillusionment going around more than ever these days?

I wonder, then, how long it'll be before the lesser knowledgable fans catch onto the scent of defeat?

Could this be the start of a potentially memorable year for the WWE - in all the wrong ways?

Time may tell...:D

I honestly think RAW is turning around and getting me interested these last couple of months. Far from perfect, but when was it ever? There are problems, but enough talent available that there are also solutions.

Smackdown! I really feel is make or break in 05 and I can't even offer suggestions on how they could re-jig it to make me tune in, it's got that bad IMO.

Vince doesnt know best. Perhaps my point of view is unjustly biased because of the fact im a massive fan of the product TNA is putting out week in, week out but WWE has become nothing more than a joke to me

Firstly is Vinces obsession with big men rather than talent. Thats one main reason that WWE is struggling. He brings people in based ontheir size rather than their talent. See Nathan Jones, Matt Morgan, Gene Snitsky. Second of all, theyre not getting their stars over well enough. Back in the day what did Edge and Christian do to get over? Ladder matches? Con Chair Tos. Being cool. Tried and tested methods that arent oer the top and based mainly on ridiculous gimmicks are a sure fire way of getting people over. Vince doesnt seem to realise that so in 2004, we have a man supposedly dead back again. In 2003 Kane magically escaped a skip full of fire without a scratch. Its ridiculous and it doesnt do anything to please the viewer

Like Vince Russo said, the worst thing you can do in the business is to insult the viewer, because the minute you insult their intelligence, you've lost them. I think WWE have certainly insulted wrestling fans intelligence many a time, especially over the last few years. Zach Gowen was just a fan who managed to get a contract because Roddy Piper pulled his leg off? Everyone knew he wasnt a fan. Ric Flair punched a fan chasing Undertaker. Strange how that fan looed identical to Paul London. Its something WWE have made a habit of, and its a bad choice.

Again like Russo said, , most people sit with the flicker in their hand, and the minute you bore the viewer, boom channel changed and you've lost them and its hard to get them back. Russo also said that long matches on TV, its a waste of time. Now i agree with him completely. Not long ago 60 minutes, Triple H vs Benoit on RAW. Im a massive Triple H fan, but on normal Tv when theres other things on i could be watched, sooner or later its going to bore me and i'll turn over. If it was a PPV on the other hand, its when theres nothing else on and all the viewers then have paid to see wrestling. Put long matches and loads of wrestling on then because you know that 95% of your audience are watching to see wrestling. When its just television you dont know that. WWE lost me as a viewer because they bored me, and like Russo said, the minute they did that, they lost me as a fan and viewer. And what got my viewing then? TNA. And you know I can honestly say Ive never sat and watched a full 2 and a half hour TNA PPV , a 3 hour PPV , Xplosion of iMPACT and been bored. Biased opinion? Perhaps. Honest? Yes. Whats so grea about TNA that doesnt bore me? Well on iMPACT they dont drag matches out any longer than they have to. You always know that the matches wont go any longer than ten minutes a time or 15 for the main event. Its a fantastic feature that i didnt like at first but its grown on me.

So no I dont think McMahon does know best. The way i see it hes got to do 3 things in order to really get WWE back to its peak. 1-Utilise talent, rather than size and get people over properly. 2-Not insult the intelligence of the viewer. 3-Not bore people.

Thats my 2 Cents

Once again great post Fletch. :devil

Does Vince know best? Hmm, let's see - which promotion based itself around hard-hitting decent wrestling matches with talented guys? ECW. And which promotion heavily pushed cruiserweights? WCW.

Now, which promotion is still in business? WWE!

You might have been being sarcastic when you said:

We want to see steroided up to the hill big men without any ring skill fighting it out in 15 minute slug fests every match. We want the same champion and the same people dominating the title scene all of the time.

But who's been the most popular champs in the last 5 years? Austin and Rock, who (a few matches aside) rarely used many wrestling moves, just kicking and punching their way through matches.

What was WCW's most popular period? When they got three older guys, two of which peopole say are the worst wrestlers ever to hold world titles, and got them to beat people up!

And what was WWF's most popular period before Attitude? When Hogan dominated the title picture for like 7 years and only a couple of other people got a reign.

So what you're saying is Vince should copy of companies who went out of business rather than copying successful periods?

I'm glad you're not running the WWE!

Ed

But since that isnt going to happen anytime soon he would basically wipe a monkeys rear with what people like us would think about how crappy his product has been lately. :

U know WWE has sucked since invasion with wcw/ecw vs WWE. I mean, I liked that story line but now WWE has to many superstars. The year 2004 was I think the worst year in wrestling yet. Wrestle Mania Sucked ass and the only good match on it was the return of the undertaker. Its more of a

soap opera than wrestling. once taker leaves wrestling is going to suck. The problem with WWE now is that they can't control who the fans like anymore. Lets look at Batista, WWE trys to make him heel by helping triple H at New Years Revolution, but when He got elminated the fans were chanting his name. WWE isn't the best wrestling, it just as more money to promote it self with than say CZW. WWE is just dying a slow death. :worship

WHy isn't kane the champion?

I dunno. The only true WWE highlight for me in 2004 was Chris Benoit winning the World Title.The rest didnt do it for me. I would love to see Kane get up in HHH's face and demand a title shot. Since Lita is injured and is going to need surgery the Kane/Lita/Snitsky storyline basically is about ready for the scrap heap. I'm with you Unknown Gun, its time for the big red machine to get another shot at WWE gold until Wrestlemania.