The belts

Bluestiger99

The belts havent been worth a damn since WCW joined the WWF and flooded the show with a million different titles. I remember one PPV with 8 matches, and 7 of them were for titles, thats stupid.

The titles havent meant alot since the WWF had the World, IC and Tags way back when. The Womens, Euro, Hardcore, Light-Heavyweight etc all were a bunch of crap and useless.

The last time the IC was worth anything was when Jericho and Benoit were feuding over it, the last time the WWE title was really important was when Austin and Rock were holding it in 2001, when they unified it with the WCW title, it lost all its value IMO.

The belts havent been worth a damn since WCW joined the WWF and flooded the show with a million different titles. I remember one PPV with 8 matches, and 7 of them were for titles, thats stupid.

The titles havent meant alot since the WWF had the World, IC and Tags way back when. The Womens, Euro, Hardcore, Light-Heavyweight etc all were a bunch of crap and useless.

The last time the IC was worth anything was when Jericho and Benoit were feuding over it, the last time the WWE title was really important was when Austin and Rock were holding it in 2001, when they unified it with the WCW title, it lost all its value IMO.

Amen to that WWFBeltMark. :worship

Maybe we should name the belts more accurately:

World heavyweight Championship = The Sleeping With The Boss's Daughter Belt (obviously most important)

WWE Championship = Friend Of The Boss Belt (see above)

The IC/US = Almost There Belt (not main event but you may well be someday)

Womens = Pointless Belt (should be changed to a thong instead the way the division's going)

Cruiserweight = Call Yourself A Wrestler? You're TINY!!

Tag = Creative Have No Better Ideas/You Can't Carry A Singles Push

:D

the womens and cruiserweight titles are not pointless or useless really its just that currently vince in his infinite (lack of) wisdom has not pushed them properly, believe me if you got some new talent in for the women in particular but also the CW division then it'd probably light a fire under the entires rosters butt and get them out the slump for a bit.

the womens and cruiserweight titles are not pointless or useless really its just that currently vince in his infinite (lack of) wisdom has not pushed them properly' date=' believe me if you got some new talent in for the women in particular but also the CW division then it'd probably light a fire under the entires rosters butt and get them out the slump for a bit.[/quote']

Yes, its true that IF Vince got more talent and pushed people better, the Womens and Cruiser belts would mean more, but the same could be said for every championship. If Vince pushed people better, all the belts would mean more, but as it is right now, the womens, cruiser, both tags etc are worthless. The ONLY belt thats ever treated like its important, is the 2-year old made up from thin air World title which was given to Trips to appease his ego, and it has stayed welded to his waist ever since.

Hell, I bet when HHH is getting some action from Steph and he steps off, there is a big imprint of the World title belt on her stomach, and we all know he goes on top, cos if she is on top, his shoulders would be down for 3, and we cant have that! lol

Most pros will tell you nowadays that the only real use for the belts is to get a wrestler over or to get heat with the fans. Not like when you were chosen by a committee to be champion (e.g. NWA Heavyweight Champion in the 60-70's period). That's when it meant something special to be champ.

Amen to that RUTuffEnuff!!! Good post! :worship

The WWE could learn a TON from the way the NWA ran things back in the glory days of wrestling.Not to mention having a wrestling top ten would also be a move in the right direction.But in the real world we know that Vincent Kennedy McMahon still thinks the WWE is the biggest and the best.Well hes right about one thing:Its the biggest.Not the best. :oops

Don't we have several already? The PWI top 500 seems to be one wrestlers really take note of and even post their rank in it on their website.

Power Slam's current issue is their top performers of 2004 as well.

No Brett, I mean a top ten contender list for both Raw and Smackdown. A list that would determine who is in line for a shot at the title based off of ring performance and win and loss records every single week.Victories and defeats from PPVs and House shows would also count as well.

Plus this would make Storylines so much easier to create with this intact.Yes it would change the way faces and heels interact with each other.But thats what the WWE needs to bring back some credibility to the sport.(At least that would be the right thing to do.But we all know the WWE never does that)

The NWA/WCW used to do this back in the day. The WWE should do the same.

Edited by The Franchise

To be honest, I thought that Hardcore matches were a good way to settle a personal feud for a gimmick but when they turned it into a division, it desensitized the viewers to the brutality that came with it to such a point that it was commonplace and even boring. Personally I was glad that they retired the belt. I like to see hardcore or streetfight matches but only when it fits in with the storyline.

I like to see hardcore or streetfight matches but only when it fits in with the storyline.

Yer i fully understand what your saying, but i just thought that the hardcore title would be perfect for RVD in the current WWE.. He even said so himself on commentry on the ECW dvd...

Well as long as they keep making everything personal and not fued driven, it will continue to be meaningless to hold the belt. When Benoit won it at Mania, it meant something. Just the sheer emotion on his face. ONce h reclaimed it, everything it had got flushed. When you have someone who's had it so many times in such a short span, it ceases to have any meaning or credibility. Give it to someone who deserves it, and it will mean a whole lot more.