Favourite Vince McMahon Match

MARTIN316V1

Favourite Vince McMahon Match  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Favourite Vince McMahon Match

• vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin in a Cage Match at Valentines Day Massacre
    • vs. Triple H on Smackdown (Vince wins WWE Title)
    • vs. Triple H at Armageddon 1999
    • vs. Kurt Angle on Raw in 2000
    • vs. Shane McMahon at WrestleMania X-Seven
    • vs. Ric Flair at the 2002 Royal Rumble
    • vs. Ric Flair on Raw in 2002 for 100% Ownership of WWE
    • vs. Hulk Hogan at WrestleMania XIX
    • vs. Zach Gowen at Vengeance 2003
    • vs. Stephanie McMahon at No Mercy 2003
    • vs. Undertaker in a Buried Alive Match at Survivor Series 2003
    • Other (Pleas State)

Is it just me or does Vince McMahon usually have brillliant matches when he wrestles with the top guys (Austin, Hogan), but when he has matches with not so big names (Zack Gowen, Stephanie McMahon) his matches tend to suck! So here is a thread deadicated to the greatest Vince McMahon Match!

It was a tough choice but, Im going to go with McMahon's Steel Cage match against Austin at St Valentines Day Massacre, it was great match and with the added things McMahon tauting Austin, Big Show throwing Austin through the cage just added to it, and you see that bump Vince took :eek

A perfect match for a perfect fued :thumbsup

Vince has had a few big matches against Austin in the cage (at SVDM), Hogan (Mania XIX) and HHH on a Smackdown for the gold which he won due to Austin...

These where good due to the background story and the names he was fighting and the stipulations and also the highspots...

However when put in a match against limited foes or even the match with HHH at Armegeddon over Steph it sucks simply because Vince has no reason to be a promoter in the WWE ring. Neither had Steph or Gowen to be fair...

Now that their is no reason to be in the ring anymore after the Hogan fued then he should never get in their again...

Id have to go for the hogan match at mania i think it was a good match for vince and funny too, also the one against shane was ok when shane jumped from one corner to the other kickin him in the face with the chair, vince has tooken his fare share of beats in the ring ill give him that

what? what? what?

Hogan vs Vince was awesome, and the best match of Vince's in-ring career. It really was a match 20 years (or so) in the making, and for a non-wrestler and an old guy who isnt renowned for his awesome in-ring antics, they had a great match and really had the crowd in their hands from start to finish. Hogans comeback at the end was perfectly timed, it was great.

I also liked his matches with Flair and Shane, but vs Hogan at WMXIX was the best, without a doubt.

vince really should steal rvd's moniker of mr. pay per view...i mean for a non-wrestler as old as he is, he tends to deliver very entertaining ppv matches

its a tough call between his match at WM 17 and 19, but i'm leaning towards his bout with hogan

I liked the Hogan match at WMXIX. It was a good feud and the best I think either of then has performed. Vince is very capable of making a performer look good (something he didn't need to do with Hogan) and him bleeding profusly was something most WWE fans would like to see for the crap he has provided us with down the years.

Lets be honest here. The quality of Vince's matches depends wholly on who he's in the ring with and how well they can carry him to an extent. He will perform better when he has an experienced head in the ring with him and when he's in the ring with people like Steph and Zach Gowen, it will tend to suck. The one exception to that rule is the streetfight with Shane. I thought that they carried each other though that match. That's why its gets my vote.

Come on, would Vince ever let one of his matches suck? They're booked to perfection, and his character is enough to carry it through.

With that said, I voted Hogan v Flair at the Rumble match, because bar the match v Shane, it's my favorite Vince match, and I enjoyed it thoroughly.

It is quite scary that Vince can be so consistent in his performances.

I went for his match with Hogan, simply for the speactacle of the greatest promoter vs the greatest champion. You could sense the history between them and the match was virtually flawless. Vince really is God!