Triple Cage !!!

Rock

I was watching some old WCW video and i saw a cage match.. The only difference was that it had 3 levels with each level having differrent weapons in..

Now i was wondering how come the WWE has not used this gimmink because i enjoyed it a lot more than the normal cage match..

And as we are on cages, how come the rules of a cage have changed.. Im sure years ago you could only win by escaping the cage, now you can win by pin and submission...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure the triple cage was first used in WCW in the mid-nineties. I seem to remember Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage starting at the top and having to beat various members of 'The Dungeon of Doom' on there way to escaping the cage, at the bottom. It was dire!

I think the reasoning behind allowing pin falls and submissions in cage matches, was simply to add excitment to them. Having several near falls as well as the escaping the cage false finishes made things a little more interesting. Plus it made it easier for the wrestlers, who don't have to use so much energy, climbing up a cage every two minutes.

Earlier I found a cd i put together back in feb before I upgraded my PC with all my wrestling videos on it. I watched the Bret Hart vs Owen Hart match from Summerslam 1994. That to me is one of the best matches I have ever seen. It had a superb build up and throughout the 35 min match there were plenty of near wins. I recommend this match to any wrestling fan.

having watched disc one of the ric flair collection today i think that the escape only came in during the late 80's or 90's as the match with Harley Race at starcade 83 was a cage match and flair went over with a pinfall. Just thought that may add something to the debate (not sure what though lol)

The triple cage in WCW was DDP vs. David Arquette and someone else who I can't remember. Not a bad match' date=' and it is a shame WWE hasn't picked it up.[/quote']

only one i can remember with david arquette was in the film ready to rumble i dont think david has actually wrestled in wcw, well i hope he hasent coz if he has ive missed it and i havent missed much over the last 10 years

what? what? what?

The most memorable thing form that cage match was my man Mike throwing Kanyon of it to the floor, trying to usurp Mick Foley at KOTR.

And Jacko, David Arquette was a former champ of WCW Bub.

That was a fantastic moment when Kanyon flew off the cage but for me it wasnt the highlight. For me the highlight was Arquette turning heel and smashing DDP with a guitar before JJ hit the final blow. You know it was actually almost exactly the same as when Nash turned on Hardy nearly 3 months ago. I love heel turns when Jarretts involved

I would like to see War Games return' date=' maybe even with the 2 ring WCW / NWA set up.[/quote']

A Smackdown vs Raw War Games would be great, especially if they didn't say who was involved.

Just imagine for a second.

Every single superstar is in a draw for the event.

First out for Raw is Kane, first out for SD is Spike.

This goes on until 4/5 from each show is in the ring, but with it potentially being anyone on the roster even when it gets to the last one on each team, you still don't know who it's gonna be.

Maybe Raw has all big guns in the ring, Batista, HHH, Kane, Snitsky, and say, Hurricane is last out.

Meanwhile SD has had Chavo, Spike, Kidman and Angle in the ring and last man in is.....Big Show. The big fella would ge, I believe, one of the biggest pops of his career as he runs down to help his showmates.

What does anybody else think of this idea.

A Smackdown vs Raw War Games would be great, especially if they didn't say who was involved.

Just imagine for a second.

Every single superstar is in a draw for the event.

First out for Raw is Kane, first out for SD is Spike.

This goes on until 4/5 from each show is in the ring, but with it potentially being anyone on the roster even when it gets to the last one on each team, you still don't know who it's gonna be.

Maybe Raw has all big guns in the ring, Batista, HHH, Kane, Snitsky, and say, Hurricane is last out.

Meanwhile SD has had Chavo, Spike, Kidman and Angle in the ring and last man in is.....Big Show. The big fella would ge, I believe, one of the biggest pops of his career as he runs down to help his showmates.

What does anybody else think of this idea.

It's great. However, it has already been pitched, by HHH of all people and shot down by Vince (source = current issue of Power Slam magazine). Vince is not keen on ideas created by other companies, apparently, even though he now has the rights to these concepts and can use them all he likes.

I'm sure the triple cage was first used in WCW in the mid-nineties. I seem to remember Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage starting at the top and having to beat various members of 'The Dungeon of Doom' on there way to escaping the cage, at the bottom. It was dire!

I think the reasoning behind allowing pin falls and submissions in cage matches, was simply to add excitment to them. Having several near falls as well as the escaping the cage false finishes made things a little more interesting. Plus it made it easier for the wrestlers, who don't have to use so much energy, climbing up a cage every two minutes.

Actually the first triple cage in NWA/WCW was used back in the old Great American Bash in the late 80's.On one team it was Ron Garvin,Jimmy Garvin,The Road Warriors,and Dr.Death vs. Kevin Sullivan,Mike Rotunda,and three other guys. You had to fight your way from top to bottom.And the only way to win was to escape.Pretty brutal match.

A War-games match for the WWE would be great.Vince needs to get his head out his own ass and reconsider.Hell, Ric Flair was in the first he can help the guys in the back prepare for a match of this magnitude. Oh they can have Hell In the Cell matches but this would be too dangerous? Come on!!!

Edited by The Franchise