Tag Team of the year

Fletch

Tag Team of the Year  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Tag Team of the Year

• Americas Most Wanted (Storm and Harris)
    • Billy Kidman and Paul London
    • Chris Benoit and Edge
    • Christian and Tyson Tomko
    • Dudley Boyz (Bubba Ray and D'Von)
    • Eugene and William Regal
    • La Resistance
    • Rene Dupree and Kenzo Suzuki
    • Rey Mysterio and Rob Van Dam
    • The Naturals (Douglas and Stevens)
    • Triple X (Daniels and Skipper)
    • Other (Please State)

Who in your opinion have been the Tag Team of 2004?

Personally I dont think theres much disputing this one. I think there has been no better team in 2004 than Americas Most Wanted. Harris recieved a singles push early in the year, resulting him nearly winning the NWA Gold on two occasions. Storm in the meantime feuded with Kid Kash. They then returned as a tag team and won the NWA Tag Cold again and feuds with people like Triple X ensued. Their match with Triple X at TNA Turning Point in December was voted TNA match of the Year at TNAWrestling.com

So who for you has been the shining light of tag teams this year?

In the US as a whole there has been few outstanding tag teams...

The Brisco Brothers as usual had a good year until injuries set in...

Roderick Strong and Jack Evans had some godd matches and it played up to both their strengths well...

AMW had a soild year as a team, the main part of the year was spent with the two as singles combatants with them having each others backs until the recent outstanding matches against Triple X...

In the WWE? Well Rey and RVD have been good together, Eddie and Booker won't last long but they have been entertaining, La Resistance have bored me to tears, Benoit and Edge where a filler team, the Bashams annoy me by being employed and Eugene and Regal haven't done much apart from win the belts....

If it was a whole world poll it would be Marufuji and KENTA ahead of AMW but seeing as its US I'd have to go with the lads from TNA....

I going to base by vote on how much they entertained me, and how much potential they had, and for those two things, I have to give my vote to Kidman and London.

They were awesome, and when they won the tag belts, they marked out like teams of the past. Plus, they had matching outfits, matching styles somewhat. They could have EASILY been Strike Force 2004/2005 if WWE had booked them right and kept them together, instead they rushed a split and ruined it.

I going to base by vote on how much they entertained me, and how much potential they had, and for those two things, I have to give my vote to Kidman and London.

They were awesome, and when they won the tag belts, they marked out like teams of the past. Plus, they had matching outfits, matching styles somewhat. They could have EASILY been Strike Force 2004/2005 if WWE had booked them right and kept them together, instead they rushed a split and ruined it.

agreed split too soon, if theyd stuck together longer they could have been a good tagteam, as for who's the best now? i dont know it could be them 2 guys on heat the other night who lost to la resistance

what? what? what?

Gotta go with AMW, They've had some pretty damn good matches this year, Which culminated in the trully awesome cage match at Turning Point against Triple X, Personally one of my favourite matches this year. They are easily the best Tag Team in America right now and have given tag team wrestling a new lease of life...Well, In TNA they have anyway.

I might have been tempted to go for Kidman & London, But they weren't really given a long enough run together, Which isn't really their fault.

I know... hence my vote for AMW....

And Fletch for a TNA addict... how could you forget Team Canada or 3 Live Kru as a poll opition?

Because Team Canada have only been around for about half a year with makeshift member and are absolutely useless bland and not worth a single second of TV time. And 3 Live Kru have been used terribly. Konnan is awful and theyve messed Ron Killings about dreadfully in the booking. Thats why.

And yeah La Resistance have been very succesful and solid. Slys new singing at the start of their matches is brilliant but I dont like Rob Conway that much plus AMW have been better all year. Sly Grenier still rocks though

You DID see Grenier on Raw, didn't you? He tried a nip up and landed on his ass. A few seconds later, Shelton hits the Shell-Shock/Money Clip/Dragon Whip and pins Grenier, who was supposed to kick out at two, but stayed perfectly still and the ref had to pretend there was a kick out. That's almost Jackie Gayda levels of sucking.

I can understand why people like F2K would like HHH. I can understand why a lot of people seem to like Jarrett. I totally understand why you like Hector Garza. However, I have no idea why anyone in the world would be pleased to see Grenier wrestling on their TV. He sucked when he debuted, and he hasn't gotten any better, despite having his limitations hidden in a Heyman-Credible like way, by teaming with a very capable worker in Rob Conway.

I went for AMW as they have been the most consistent. I relly wanted to vote for Kidman/London for the reasons that have been stated before, looking like a team, acting like a team etc, but they broke up waaaaay to early.

I feel sorry for the Duds as they are just being taken for granted as they have been around so long.

You DID see Grenier on Raw' date=' didn't you? He tried a nip up and landed on his ass. A few seconds later, Shelton hits the Shell-Shock/Money Clip/Dragon Whip and pins Grenier, who was supposed to kick out at two, but stayed perfectly still and the ref had to pretend there was a kick out. That's almost Jackie Gayda levels of sucking.[/quote']

i didnt see it no. Unless you've been living under a rock Russ :P You may not have realised i watch very very little in terms of WWE. Especially weekly shows. The odd PPV is all i see.

I can understand why people like F2K would like HHH. I can understand why a lot of people seem to like Jarrett. I totally understand why you like Hector Garza. However, I have no idea why anyone in the world would be pleased to see Grenier wrestling on their TV. He sucked when he debuted, and he hasn't gotten any better, despite having his limitations hidden in a Heyman-Credible like way, by teaming with a very capable worker in Rob Conway.

HHH=Legend, Jarrett=God. Garza-Brilliance (By the way I liked him before everyone else jumped on the bandwagon :lol) Grenier=fantastic, i just like him more than anyone else bar Triple H in WWE. in fact my favourite 5 Wrestlers in WWE hardly anyone likes, I mean Grenier, HHH, Kidman, Edge and Maven. Part of the appeal to me that hardly anyone else likes them. TNA wise, of course Double J, Hector Garza, Kevin Nash and Erik Watts are all personal favs. Again not many people like them either

• 3 weeks later...

Results are in folks. Be much appreciated if one of the mods could close the poll please

T-W-O proudly brings to you, its new Tag Team Champions of the Wooooooorrrld

Not One, not two but the 3 Liv......wrong one sorry

Its AMW-Americas Most Wanted-The Tennessee Cowboy James Storm and Wildcat Chris Harris

The Brisco Brothers as usual had a good year until injuries set in...

Inevitable eh, thats what happens when you let yourself get dropped on the bloody neck all the time. Their careers will be over by the time theyre 30, if they're lucky, which is a shame because they're actually 2 of the few stars I ever enjoyed watching in RoH.

Anyway, WWE should be banned from passing off that crap it shows as "tag team" wrestling. Their tag divisions on both brands are awful. So it obviously had to be between AMW and Triple X. Being a Daniels mark, and generally more a fan of Triple X I said them, but AMW were the 2nd best if not the best.

edit: F2K you really do have an odd taste in favourite wrestlers... Grenier... Watts... Kidman... the pain!

****TNA GETS ONE OVER WWE SHOCK****

Well done Harris and Storm for coming out on top in this poll, a small victory for TNA, but thoroughly deserved IMO. Entertaining matches almost every time, a shortish singles run, then back to business. They won't be spoken about in the same way as The Dudleys, Hart Foundation, Bulldogs, Arn and Tully etc.......Yet.

But in time I hope they will.