TWO Best PPV Match: Royal Rumble 1996

Chris2K

Best Match at Rumble 96?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Best Match at Rumble 96?

• Jeff Jarrett vs. Ahmed Johnson
    • The Smoking Gunns vs. The Bodydonnas
    • Goldust vs. Razor Ramon
    • Royal Rumble Match (won by Shawn Michaels)
    • Bret Hart vs. The Undertaker

http://members.fortunecity.com/1sgtslaughter/ppv/rr/ad-rr96.jpg

Finalists so far:

1989 - Royal Rumble Match

1990 - Royal Rumble Match

1991 - Royal Rumble Match

1992 - Royal Rumble Match

1993 - Shawn Michaels vs. Marty Jannetty

1994 - Royal Rumble Match

This year's participants

The 1-2-3 Kid, Bob Backlund, Diesel, Duke Droese, Fatu, Dory Funk Jr, Doug Gilbert, Henry Godwinn, Hakushi, Owen Hart, Hunter Hearst Helmsley, Bob Holly, Barry Horowitz, Marty Jannetty, Kama, Jerry Lawler, Mabel, Shawn Michaels, Aldo Montoya, Takao Omori, Ringmaster (Steve Austin), Jake Roberts, Davey Smith, Headshrinker #1 and #2, Tatanka, Vader, Savio Vega, Isaac Yankem, and Yokozuna

This one always confused me. Why was the title match on last? In any other ppv, I'd agree with the title being up for grabs in the main event, but not at the Rumble! The Royal Rumble should be the Main Event at a ppv called, yes.........The Royal Rumble. It's only logical.

As far as the Rumble match itself goes, I thought it was ok(ish). The ending was pretty poor, Shawn superkicks Diesel, and he falls over the top rope very slowly.

Diesels confrontation with the Undertaker in the aisle, was more interesting.

Nothing spectacular, but Bret vs the Undertaker gets my vote.

the rumble match...there was lots of interesting stuff happening in this one...vader's debut, lawler's antics, michaels eliminating vader and yoko at the same time, the hbk/diesel story and the return of jake roberts to a HUGE pop

rumble for me because it included the legendary duke "the dumpster" droese! now thats an aspirational character for a kid into wrestling!

Duke Droese was great, he even had a fued with HHH. Could you imagine that now? :D