*** Official Raw Thread - 10th January 2005 ***

Kam

Preview:

New Year's Revolution Fallout

Jan. 10, 2005

What will be the fallout from New Year’s Revolution? Surely none of the six participants in last Sunday’s Elimination Chamber will ever be the same, but who will be able to walk out as the new World Heavyweight Champion? And what kind of shape will he be in with only three weeks until the Royal Rumble?

Also, Kane was out of action since last October when Gene Snitsky crushed his throat at Taboo Tuesday. Will the Big Red Monster come back from the injury too soon, or will he exact revenge on the diabolical Snitsky?

Plus what is the status of all the other championships on RAW? Will Trish Stratus able to reclaim the Women’s Championship in the latest chapter of the Trish and Lita rivalry; will Shelton Benjamin able to stave off the challenge of the talented but arrogant Maven? And will Christian and Tyson Tomko get a taste for gold and win the World Tag Team Championships from Eugene & William Regal?

UK Fans: Dont forget, Raw will air LIVE each week on Sky Sports 3 from 2am!

Great opening segment with HHH, Batista, Flair and Orton.

Is it the Politics, Nice to see HHH getting it up the smarks there :D

What has happened to Maven's push? Since he improves he starts to get buried! :?

I LOVED the HBK-Edge segment, the segment helps set up HBK-Edge at Mania rather than HBK-Angle, hopefully they continue this good build-up, they always seem to have fantasic build up leading into Mania. The whole segment kinda reminded me of the HBK-Jericho one leading into WM at few years ago. And was there anything better than:

Crowd: You Screwed Bret, You Screwed Bret

HBK: Looks like you brought some fellow canadians with you tonight, what is it with Canadians and Florida cant they just stay in there own country. :lol

To a massive pop! Have to give it to HBK there, it must have came right from the top of his head, as he wouldnt have known the chants would start.

Good god, not another Reflection of Perfection gimmick :roll

And who the hell is he?

Anyone hear the ''You screwed Chyna'' chants during the main event? :lol

Then someone shouted ''I screwed Chyna'' :lol :lol :lol

And seeing as Orton won the no 1 contenders match, that title shot will be at the Rumble im guessing? So it looks like HHH vs Orton at Mania is defenitly out! So that leaves Batista to win the Rumble and fight HHH (and possibly Orton if they go for a Triple Threat) at Mania. I just dont hope they screw this Batista face turn up, and Orton isnt over as he should be for a face main eventer, and it wouldnt surprise me if they have Orton re-join Evolution and HHH, Orton, and Flair take out Batista

Good show with the Road to WrestleMania starting to begin :xyx

Edited by MARTIN316V1

Great opening segment with HHH, Batista, Flair and Orton.

Is it the Politics, Nice to see HHH getting it up the smarks there :D

What has happened to Maven's push? Since he improves he starts to get buried! :?

I LOVED the HBK-Edge segment, the segment helps set up HBK-Edge at Mania rather than HBK-Angle, hopefully they continue this good build-up, they always seem to have fantasic build up leading into Mania. The whole segment kinda reminded me of the HBK-Jericho one leading into WM at few years ago. And was there anything better than:

Crowd: You Screwed Bret, You Screwed Bret

HBK: Looks like you brought some fellow canadians with you tonight, what is it with Canadians and Florida cant they just stay in there own country. :lol

To a massive pop! Have to give it to HBK there, it must have came right from the top of his head, as he wouldnt have known the chants would start.

Good god, not another Reflection of Perfection gimmick :roll

And who the hell is he?

Anyone hear the ''You screwed Chyna'' chants during the main event? :lol

Then someone shouted ''I screwed Chyna'' :lol :lol :lol

And seeing as Orton won the no 1 contenders match, that title shot will be at the Rumble im guessing? So it looks like HHH vs Orton at Mania is defenitly out! So that leaves Batista to win the Rumble and fight HHH (and possibly Orton if they go for a Triple Threat) at Mania. I just dont hope they screw this Batista face turn up, and Orton isnt over as he should be for a face main eventer, and it wouldnt surprise me if they have Orton re-join Evolution and HHH, Orton, and Flair take out Batista

Good show with the Road to WrestleMania starting to begin :xyx

Exactly wat i said, batista at mania, if he wins the rumble prob gonna be triple threat with him orton and HHH, id like to see angle/micheals rather than edge/micheals coz ive never seen em 2gether, hopefuly edge will face micheals at the rumble and angle will interfear leading up to a mania match between the 2

what? what? what?

And seeing as Orton won the no 1 contenders match' date=' that title shot will be at the Rumble im guessing? So it looks like HHH vs Orton at Mania is defenitly out! So that leaves Batista to win the Rumble and fight HHH (and possibly Orton if they go for a Triple Threat) at Mania. I just dont hope they screw this Batista face turn up, and Orton isnt over as he should be for a face main eventer, and it wouldnt surprise me if they have Orton re-join Evolution and HHH, Orton, and Flair take out Batista[/quote']

just read the spoilers, I am glad that the management seem to have realised how stupidly over Batista is. At least this keeps Orton away from the title for a while as well!

Exactly wat i said, batista at mania, if he wins the rumble prob gonna be triple threat with him orton and HHH, id like to see angle/micheals rather than edge/micheals coz ive never seen em 2gether, hopefuly edge will face micheals at the rumble and angle will interfear leading up to a mania match between the 2

what? what? what?

well looks like its orton at the rumble, which gives big dave the chance at the mania (if he wins), but it says edge is in the rumble now so it looks like it could be edge / HBK at mania after all, prob be another kane/ snitsky match as well, this time maybe a street fight, dont know whats gonna happen to the tag titles if eugene is out for a few months over his injury?

what? what? what?

Yeah good show last night on Raw except for the stupid lingerie pillow fight crap. The Edge/HBK segment was off the hook.

My only real complaint about Raw LIVE is the fact that there are way too many commercial breaks and its annoying as hell. It seems like there's one after every segment-and if the segment goes over 5mins then they just cut it in half with a commercial break. Its not Sky Sports fault I know.

My only real complaint about Raw LIVE is the fact that there are way too many commercial breaks and its annoying as hell. It seems like there's one after every segment-and if the segment goes over 5mins then they just cut it in half with a commercial break. Its not Sky Sports fault I know.

Indeed, it is a bit ridiculous at times. There wont even be a match and they will cut back to another break. Makes me glad that i dont have to watch wrestling on American tv all the time. I think they have four breaks for a half hour programme!

Good show overall, Orton vs HHH at the Rumble, Maybe Dave has a change of heart until Trips tries to interfere in the Rumble but fails and Dave win's then kicks the lard out of Trips, setting up the Mania match. Obviously Orton ain't gonna win at the rumble. It will be HBK vs Edge at the Rumble. And next week Jericho vs Benoit, can't wait for that one.

Obviously Orton ain't gonna win at the rumble. It will be HBK vs Edge at the Rumble. And next week Jericho vs Benoit' date=' can't wait for that one.[/quote']

I think Orton might actually win at the rumble, due to Batista somehow costing HHH the match, setting up a feud between HHH and Batista leading to a match at WM.

Not sure about that, just a thought, has anyone considered that the MONSTER Batista was pinned fairly cleanly on Raw last night? Not the ideal way to promote an indestructable machine! This fued is about the World Title so I doubt HHH will drop it before wrestlemania. It would lessen the belts status.

I'd like to see Benoit v Jericho next week kicking off another feud between those two. Neither of them seem to have anything lined up and a Benoit v Jericho WrestleMania match would be great.

Rest of the show wasn't bad. Opening segment was exactly what I'd expect after Triple H has won a world title.

The HBK-Edge feud is looking to be a really good one. Reminds me of the HBK-Jericho feud from a few years back which was great.

The Kane-Snitsky segment was ruined by the fact that Kane had to delay the chokeslam for so damn long waiting on Snitsky to get in the ring.

Overall decent enough show, not as good as the last couple of weeks though.

Not sure about that' date=' just a thought, has anyone considered that the MONSTER Batista was pinned fairly cleanly on Raw last night? Not the ideal way to promote an indestructable machine! This fued is about the World Title so I doubt HHH will drop it before wrestlemania. It would lessen the belts status.[/quote']

He wasn't pinned cleanly, Orton shoved him headfirst into the chair that HHH was holding.

Pretty good show, HHH was actually relatively entertaining.

Although he seems to becoming all "The Franchise" on us getting confused about matches having predetermined winners. "You may think I'm champ because of favouritism/politics" then "I proved last night why I am the best in the world by winning that match" but the match was predetermined because of favouritism Trippers!

Have they hired every single bint who was in that awful Diva search? Please sack every single one of them!

Was that Canadian comment by Michaels cut out of the Weds showing, or was I not paying attention and missed it? I don't know why Sky can edit some bits like that, or to make it fit into 2 hours, but they can't edit out all the breaks the yanks have. It is not like the cameras stop rolling, can't the WWE just provide us with all the footage? Even with no commentary it would still be better than the "How is even able to stand....." and ads etc

There must have been a large groan at yet another adonis gimmick too!

I thought Randy was bang on for a Rumble win, obviously not! I don't know who it will be now, possibly Big Dave, but I'm not convinced. I just hope Edge is in the last 2, they both go over at the same time and there feet both hit, but the verdict goes the other way. "I was screwed again!" He was selling his frustration really well last night and I hope it continues until he starts doing some Christian/Gary Neville esq tantrums.

Yeah, but the only ones from SD I can really see winning the Rumble are Big Show, Angle, JBL and Undertaker, all of whom already have matches.

The only others as a real outside bet would be Booker, Eddie and Luther but I think that really is an outside bet, so unless one of the first 4 double up and have two matches I think it will be a Raw guy. Unless of course they decide to give it to Cena which I doubt as he still has mileage in the US belt (I hope they don't let Cena win it anyway)