*** WWE New Years Revolution 2005 Discussion Thread ***

Kam

PPV Chat

As is our monthly tradition here at Talk Wrestling Online, we will be holding our monthly PPV Chat night. Why not come along for a good ol' chat about the PPV with all the TWO regulars? The more, the merrier. Head over to the TWO chatroom from 9pm until 1am!

WWE New Years Revolution 2005 Chat

Sunday 9th January 2005

(UK Times)

Chat: 9pm - 1am

Talk Wrestling Online Chatrooms

PPV Prediction League

Post your predictions below – anyone can enter!

http://www.talkwrestlingonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17306

Matches

• World Championship Match
    Elimination Chamber:
    Triple H Vs. Batista Vs. Edge Vs. Randy Orton Vs. Chris Jericho Vs. Chris Benoit
  • Women's Championship:
    Lita Vs. Trish Stratus
  • Kane Vs. Gene Snitsky
  • Intercontinental Championship:
    Shelton Benjamin Vs. Maven
  • World Tag Team Championship:
    William Regal & Eugene Vs. Christian & Tyson Tomko
  • Jerry "The King" Lawler Vs. Muhammad Hassan

Wrestling 101 PPV Articles

- T3C: WWE New Years Revolution 2005 Preview

How to order the PPV

UK:

WWE New Years Revolution is LIVE on Sky Sports 1 from 1am.

USA:

See WWE.com - New Years Revolution

:xyx

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the Elimination Chamber match, I think the order of entry will be the following:

Benoit and Jericho start the match

3. Edge

4. Randy Orton

5. Triple H

6. Batista

Although I would like to see Benoit or Y2J win, I think that Triple H will become the 10-time World Champion. But I hope I'm wrong.

I also can't see Triple H in the Rumble match, so I think it's safe to say that it will be HHH vs. Y2J or Benoit at the Royal Rumble for the World Heavyweight Championship, not Edge (because that would mean a heel vs. heel), nor Orton (because the stipulation that he can't face HHH for the title, which to my knowledge has not been lifted), nor Batista (because I just can't see Evolution breaking up within the next month. But that's just my opinion.

)nor Orton (because the stipulation that he can't face HHH for the title' date=' which to my knowledge has not been lifted.[/quote']

That stipulation was only for while HHH was the champ I belive. Once he lost the belt it was all go again. Or surely Orton wouldnt be allowed into the chamber where he would be facing HHH!

I don't think the PPV looks bad at all. Regrading the Lalwer vs. Hassan match, I don't think it will be to bad at all. Along he's getting on a bit now, Lalwer always seems to have a solid style, and I think he'll be able to put Hassan over very well.

It also looks like the crowd may make this show even more special, hopefully it will be one of them shows where the crowd play as much of a part as the wrestlers do.

For the Elimination Chamber match, I think the order of entry will be the following:

Benoit and Jericho start the match

3. Edge

4. Randy Orton

5. Triple H

6. Batista

Isnt it Edge and Chris Jericho starting seeing as they took the longest amount of time to defeat there opponent? If thats the case the order would be: Jericho, Edge, HHH, Orton, Benoit, Batista.

Also, are we getting the LIVE Heat or the crappy Heat that was taped before Raw? When i cheacked on the Sky Guide, it only said WWE Heat, but shouldnt it say Live WWE Heat?

Isnt it Edge and Chris Jericho starting seeing as they took the longest amount of time to defeat there opponent? If thats the case the order would be: Jericho, Edge, HHH, Orton, Benoit, Batista.

Also, are we getting the LIVE Heat or the crappy Heat that was taped before Raw? When i cheacked on the Sky Guide, it only said WWE Heat, but shouldnt it say Live WWE Heat?

Martin we're getting LIVE Heat tonight from Midnight to 1am before the start of New Years Revolution.

actually dan now i think about it i think that if the crowd are as hot as they were at the debate then the king/hassan match while still not a classic will perhaps be still fun

I doubt the crowd will affect that match that much as they are not in America, why would Puerto Ricans care about an American angle?

Hopefully they will support Hassan as what he says is true and Puerto Ricans have probably suffered that sort of treatment at the hands of yanks too.

i forgot about the location being outside the USA... i wonder how it would go over if Hassan was over as a huge face? would they try having a go at the crowd... in commentary i meannot hassan and davari having ago at the crowd? i really hope that it happens to see how they handle it if they can at all

I enjoyed the show.

The opening match was entertaining through-out, and all 4 men gave a good accouting of themselfs and IMO Tomko has improved greatly in the last few weeks. Was Eugene's injury legit? I thought it was from the beggining because he won with a Austin-Owen-Summerslam97 Roll up, but then Lita also busted her knee and thought they would keep doing it in every match to sell what would happen in the Chamber more.

They should keep the Hassan angle just in America, the match would have been better with a crowd chanting for Lawler, rather than just about 2 pops.

Kane-Snitsky was ok, at least they didnt crush Gene, and both men came out of it pretty good, without one man destroying the other.

The Chamber match was pretty good, but im dissapointed with the way the HHH and Batista angle panned out, i was wanting Big Dave to smack him :D, and i was marking at the thought Dave and Ric were going to do the thumb point down to HHH, what they did to Orton last year, shame it didnt happen, and how great was Benoit's headbutt? Quality! Easily better than the 2nd Chamber, but not as good as first but still good :)

Also was it just me or was the crowd dissapointing? I thought they would make the PPV that bit more memoriable.

Edited by MARTIN316V1

Due to the undercard, the chamber match had to deliver. I think it did.

My initial thoughts were that the first two matches seemed to finish abruptly which would indicate that they were legit injuries.

I actually enjoyed the Maven-Benjamin piece even though we didn't really get a match from it. Despite Maven being squashed, I think he actually comes out of it with more heat and it makes Benjamin still look good.

Hassan v Lawler was terrible. Snitsky v Kane was poor also.

The Chamber match I enjoyed, especially the spell just before DAVE entered. Lots of action happening. The HBK-Edge thing is good and must be building towards a Mania match. Couple of spots I enjoyed was when Benoit had Orton in the Crossface (which is sadly looking more and more like a sleeper) and HHH is taunting Orton so Benoit just gets up and puts HHH in the Sharpshooter. Also the Headbutt from the top of the entrance bit was cool.

There is no point really moaning about HHH winning the belt. It is kind of beyond the point where I get pissed off with it. It is more a case of not caring now. It's all a bit boring.

Overall, not a particularly good show.

6/10. If the main event hadn't of been so enjoyable, it would have been a lot less.