Eddie Guerrero

Brad

I am just wondering what everyone thinks of Eddie Guerrero. IMO i don't like him and I don't think he was good enough to beat Lesnar and I don't think he deserved the chance to be champion. I mean I understand why they pushed him because they needed more main eventers but I think they should of done this by getting more raw superstars going to Smackdown. They done this by Booker T and RVD going over there but they weren't used for the main event problem when they were pushed more than Eddie on Raw and were more championship material. What are your opinions on him winning the title this year and of him in general at where he is now. I just don't see the point having him that high up now SD have better main eventers than him, and he can't work a mic either which I find annoying because everyone finds him funny except me.

Personaly i never liked him,but over the last 12-18 months he has realy started to grow on me,to the point where i do now actualy like him.

I think its because he is a bit older and a bit smaller than the other guys,not realy sure but i do like him.

I loved his title reign and was disappointed when he lost it but I understood the reasons behind it. I like Eddie, solid worker, good agile wrestler and not as bad on the mic as some I could mention. *cough "heidenreich" cough*. I marked out so much when Eddie won the title and when he retained at WM21, I marked out even more.

I have been a fan of Eddie's for a long time now. He is in two of my favourite matches of all time (Eddie vs Rey Jr from Halloween Havoc '97 and Eddie & Art Barr vs Octagon & El Hijo Del Santo When Worlds Collide) and is one of the top in ring workers in the WWE right now.

I think he was very deserving of the WWE Title as he was consistently a good worker in the WWE (when he was sober) and was a good IC and European Champion. Along with this, his work with Chavo in the Tag Division really helped push the division to another level (along with Edge/Rey and TWGTT).

Overall, i think Eddie is good on the mic, exccellent in the ring and is more than worthy of his spot at the top of the roster on Smackdown.

I just can't see him as a main eventer, but I am the sort of person who sees a superstar at a certain level and I then can't see them changing, but with Brock it was different and RVD and Booker. It's just Eddie, i don't see what everyone else does with him, I just didn't think he deserved the push and they pushed him at the wrong time and too quickly.

I'll be honest, I never saw him as a champion, but then I never tried to. When he started getting those monterous pops with Los Gurerros I was more than a little suprised. I knew how good he was in the ring, and always liked him through his carrer, but never thought he'd get a push. It was only after he made his way sooo slowly into the main event picture that I thought, hang on, I want this guy to win the title so badly it bleeds. I agree with TonyKahn, only a select few wrestlers in history could have dragged the company out of the hole it was in at that time. And as fantastic as I think he is, he wasn't one of them. Maybe he could be, but his first stint as champion was unforunatly timed. And I think it affected him. I love the guy, and would sorely love for him to get more title runs under his belt, and see him established up there with the Angles and HHH's of the world. In short. Eddie, Eddie, Eddie

i believe eddie was just as deserving as a title birth as any one hes been around for ages and been a solid contributor to the business mainly as a heel but i believe he deserves what he got

and of course he should of beaten lesner to hell with lesner

Right bloke, wrong time...

If Eddie had been champ even a year ago and before in 2001 then he would have had a great reign and pulled enough numbers for it to be seen as a success...

However as its been mentioned no one could have pulled them from the whole their in now. They've tried pushing Orton/HHH down are necks to save Raw (which is funny because since the belts left Benoit ratings have fallen) and now there gonna force feed us Cena on Smackdown...

But I don't pay attention to buy rates as the WWE is overexposed and in a slump anyway... Eddie deserved his shot, his reign and didn't deserve to lose the title so soon after...

But hey, thats wrestling.

I like Eddie, but he should'nt be a main eventer IMO, he was perfect while in the US title picture and teaming with Chavo.

And having Eddie Champ in 2001 would be wrong when there's guys like Austin, Rock, HHH, Taker, Kane, Angle, Big Show and at a stretch RVD and Booker T, having Eddie in the main event picture with those guys is quite laughable.

Seeing as he is better then Kane, RVD, Booker and the Big Show then I disagree. Given the right push, lack of personal problems and storyline he would have fitted in.

However I wasn't saying that Eddie should have headlined back then. I was giving an example of a year where if Eddie had headlined he would have drawn more and therefore be seen as more then a one hit wonder...

Plus HHH was missing for most of 2001 and Kane and Taker where more confined to the tag ranks in the upper/middle section of the card...

I thought Eddie was better then Booker, RVD, Kane etc when he was in WCW in 1999 when he wasn't being pushed at all and RVD at that time was TV champ for ever, Kane a world title threat and still a monster and Booker was fueding with Bret Hart...

I liked Eddie back when he was in AAA, NJPW and ECW, right at the start of his exposure where there, like in the WWE, he earned the fans support and then through that his push...

In the words of James Hetfield.... Sad But True....

Personally...Just seeing Eddie in the position he is in these days in WWE is a true testament to the man himself. To come back from everything he has endured over the past 10-15 years, To becoming a WWE Champion, Shows great determination and dedication. Eddie is a fantastic performer both in ring and on the mic. It's unfortunate that he was so hard on himself during his title reign though. Because if he'd had the right opponents his title reign could've been a much more memorable one than it was.

The lack of any real star power prevented Eddie from really becoming a great champion in my opinion, After Brock left there was a severe shortage of top level heels to help out Eddie, Which he really could've done with after the way he won the title to begin with, I mean there was only so many times they could keep giving us Eddie/Angle before it got repetitive. I hope he gets another run, can't see why he shouldn't.

Gotta say though Eddie is certainly involved in one of my favourite matches of the 90's in his 2 out of 3 Falls Match with Malenko in ECW.

Mr. Eddie

Eddie Guerrero. One of the greatest workers of our time (Along side Chris Benoit, who coincidently won the title at around the same time).

I've always been an Eddie fan, even though he was never my favorite. However, I always respected his talent and his ability to have a good match with absolutely anyone.

I was disappointed with his face turn, though. (It probably wasn't his fault, but we won't go into that.) As a member of Los Guerreros, I loved to see him cheat. His seemingly endless number of dirty, conniving ways to win always made me smile...that is, until the fans started to cheer it.

I've always loved heels. (Even though my favorite wrestler of all time is now face, HBK). Every heel from Ric Flair to HHH. Heels always seemed more real to me than faces...but I'm digressing. The mentality for pulling for a heel is knowing that everyone else is pulling against him...which makes it that much sweeter when he wins (Especially when he wins by by cheating). But when the fans started to cheer Eddie's cheats, it took the fun out of it for me.

But Eddie did deserve his success and title reign, hands down. I agree that it would have been a lot greater had he been able to fight bigger names. (Kurt Angle would have been great) I think if he would have had some quality opponents, he could have put on some of the best matches of all time. Period.

Strive for Righteousness!

But eddie isn't better than Kane' date=' Booker T, RVD, they have pushed eddie so much that everyone thinks he is. I think he is a brillaint wrestler but I can only see him now going back to the U.S.Title.[/quote']

eddie is better than rvd he is much better

Personally i'm just amazed that he is a top wrestler and is respected like he is today, because what Eddie has achieved in the past 5yrs.He's a great wrestler, works well with all styles of wrestling that opponents bring and deserves the title.Eddie was too hard on himself during his reign and maybe it would of been more successful if there was more heels for him to work with but we'll never no.I really hope that he wins back the title because Eddie Guerrero is one man that truely deserves it!!!!!

Are you kidding Bradleyamor? Eddie has traveled all around the world.

But eddie isn't better than Kane' date=' Booker T, RVD, they have pushed eddie so much that everyone thinks he is. I think he is a brillaint wrestler but I can only see him now going back to the U.S.Title.[/quote']

Hes been wrestling longer than Kane,Booker T,and RVD. From Mexico to Japan and back to the U.S Eddie has seen it all. Alot of those guys you mentioned hasnt done that. I'm not saying that Eddie is totally better than those guys,but whether you like it or not Eddie Guerrerro is just as good and just as technically sound as a Bret Hart or a Chris Benoit. Hes one of the most internationally known and respected wrestlers in the business today.

What are you smoking these days? :devil

Eddie Guererro - A deserving champion, more deserving than [J]ust a ig [L]emon. :P

I like both him and Benoit - they've grown into superb Roles, and have worked SO hard despite the company's obvious mistakes and slip-ups.

Benoit should go back to Smackdown, and feud with Eddie...alone. Oo I dunno who'd be what, or whether it would be over something championship based or what, but it's just a quality gold match in the making.

Eddie, Eddie, Eddie...'nuff said. ^^