Best WrestleMania Match thread

The Beltster

Seeing as its closed I'll post this here. I dont think its right that the results are hidden.

From reading all the posts, the Hogan vs Warrior match got the most comments, yet a different match wins? I'm not saying its rigged, but I find it odd that all the others were open to public view barring the 2 couple, and the final is not public results so we cant see for ourselves who won legit.

This may cause arguements and thats fine, I just think its stupid to hide the results, as you could have just picked whatever match was your favourite to win.

Seeing as its closed I'll post this here. I dont think its right that the results are hidden.

From reading all the posts, the Hogan vs Warrior match got the most comments, yet a different match wins? I'm not saying its rigged, but I find it odd that all the others were open to public view barring the 2 couple, and the final is not public results so we cant see for ourselves who won legit.

This may cause arguements and thats fine, I just think its stupid to hide the results, as you could have just picked whatever match was your favourite to win.

But why would people do that? Pointless.

As for the comments, Hogan Vs Warrior had a lot yes, as did Bret Hart and Stone Cold Steve Austin. But those comments of Hogan Vs Harrior were not necessarily as that particular persons greatest Wrestlemania match. It may have been the 2nd best, close favourite, or their worst...

Why would it be rigged? I just don't understand the argument for that...

But why would people do that? Pointless.

As for the comments, Hogan Vs Warrior had a lot yes, as did Bret Hart and Stone Cold Steve Austin. But those comments of Hogan Vs Harrior were not necessarily as that particular persons greatest Wrestlemania match. It may have been the 2nd best, close favourite, or their worst...

Why would it be rigged? I just don't understand the argument for that...

Maybe if you read it again, you would see where I said "I'm NOT saying its rigged!" Its just very odd that the first 18 or so polls were all open to pulbic eyes, yet the final was hidden and private.

You say its pointless for people to rig it, but its also pointless to hide the results from the people voting, isnt it? Or is that wrong? Please tell me the point of hiding it if there is one.

As for you standing up for Austin vs Bret, trust me, your an Austin mark, of course your going to defend it, just like I'm defending the Hogan vs Warrior match.

Again, like I originally said, I didnt say it WAS rigged, I'm just saying its stupid to hide the results, as these types of accusations can be made.

Maybe if you read it again, you would see where I said "I'm NOT saying its rigged!" Its just very odd that the first 18 or so polls were all open to pulbic eyes, yet the final was hidden and private.

The option to hide results was only added to the board after I had finished polls 1-18.

You say its pointless for people to rig it, but its also pointless to hide the results from the people voting, isnt it? Or is that wrong? Please tell me the point of hiding it if there is one.

As for you standing up for Austin vs Bret, trust me, your an Austin mark, of course your going to defend it, just like I'm defending the Hogan vs Warrior match.

Again, like I originally said, I didnt say it WAS rigged, I'm just saying its stupid to hide the results, as these types of accusations can be made.

I believe the reason the first few polls were open to the public and not closed, is because "Hide Results" option only came into play not so long ago, and as the actual poll ran for several months the first few didn't have teh option.

EDIT - Chris beat me to it :D

Hulk Hogan/Mr. T vs. Roddy Piper/Paul Orndorff (WM1)

0.0%

The British Bulldogs vs. Greg Valentine and Brutus Beefcake (WM2)

0.0%

Ricky Steamboat vs. Randy Savage (WM3)

Dan, Russ, RUTuffEnuff, tazz13

7.41%

Randy Savage vs. Ted DiBiase (WM4)

0.0%

Hulk Hogan vs. Randy Savage (WM5)

0.0%

Ultimate Warrior vs. Hulk Hogan (WM6)

Buff, Dazzler, DraVen, Jack, Jayden, WWFBeltMark

11.11%

Ultimate Warrior vs. Randy Savage (WM7)

0.0%

Bret Hart vs. Roddy Piper (WM8)

0.0%

Shawn Michaels vs. Tatanka (WM9)

0.0%

Shawn Michaels vs. Razor Ramon (WM10)

RKO

1.85%

Shawn Michaels vs. Diesel (WM11)

0.0%

Shawn Michaels vs. Bret Hart (WM12)

Alan, Bradleyamor

3.70%

Bret Hart vs. Steve Austin (WM13)

Andrew, Andy Telford, c0ma, jungmuta, Kam, Mr Dragon, Nailz, Number 6, Robert Gringo, SCSteveAustin, Spiritchaser, The Gentleman, The_Great_Muta, TonyKahn, wyndorf

27.78%

Steve Austin vs. Shawn Michaels (WM14)

0.0%

Steve Austin vs. The Rock (WM15)

0.0%

Edge and Christian vs. The Hardys vs. The Dudleys (WM2000)

slimjim316

1.85%

Steve Austin vs. The Rock (WMX7)

Bookerman, BRM, Jay_C, MARTIN316V1, Richard Flair, showstealer, Sparvid, The Bisch, WordLife19

16.67%

The Rock vs. Hollywood Hogan (WMX8)

Draven Cage, JamesFelton, John1, Simon, Stoned Cold, Tajiri_san, Walshy

12.96%

Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Jericho (WMX9)

GENE

1.85%

Chris Benoit vs. Shawn Michaels vs. HHH (WMXX)

Chris2K, darkstar, Gotek, Marc McCann, MrFill, show_stoppa_345, The Crippler, The Wolverine

And as for why they were hidden, it was for two reasons:

Firstly, there may be people who haven't seen a show, and therefore just vote for whatever everyone else is. It's a long-shot, but it stops that happening.

And two, it was for suspense. Instead of seeing it straight away, you had to wait until the result was revealed.

Yeah, I think it was better hidden because of exactly what Chris 2k said. People could have just voted for the highest then it wouldn't of been fair. Also, it was the biggest poll out of all the singular wrestlemania ones so it mattered more if that was voted on unaccurately.

But why would people simply vote for what everybody else votes for, thats rediculous. Oh well, whatever the reasons its all good, I was only voicing my personal opinion, nobody has to feel the need to explain themselves either way.

Whatever the majority thinks is fine by me, lol.

I know it's ridiculous, but it happens...

I understand that, and as to us marking out for Hogan and Austin respectively, that's cool. I respect that :xyx

I liked the suspense, I thought it was going to be a two horse race between Hulkster/Warrior and Bret/Stone Cold. I'm surprised that Hulkster/Warrior was only 5th.

Not to sound like a suck up or anything, but Thanks Chris2K, I really enjoyed these polls :xyx

Firstly, there may be people who haven't seen a show, and therefore just vote for whatever everyone else is. It's a long-shot, but it stops that happening.
So instead those people would just have taken a shot in the dark and picked a random one anyway.

Plus having them hidden was really a pointless exercise seeing as most people after voting posted in the thread who they had voted for. We pretty much knew who was going to win each one that had the results hidden anyway.

I'm not saying it was a bad idea to hide the results. I don't think it had any benefits, or weaknesses. I don't think it added anything, I don't think it took anything away so I wasn't fussed either way really.

I don't see it's an issue though, as mentioned the lack of continuity was because the early ones were done when the board didn't give you the option to hide anything. I don't think it made any difference on the way people voted, and in the end public opinion decided that the most popular Mania match of all time in the eyes of the people who voted was the winner which meant that the poll achieved what it was designed to.

Fairplay to Chris for coming up with a poll that actually added something to the boards, made for some interesting stuff, and some good debate as opposed to the usual poll of "what was wrestler x's best gimmick, chicken, computerised man, or terrific?"