Oops!

wyndorf

Watching the Bret Hart Shoot Interview got me thinking of the biggest wrestling clangers in history, or stupid decisions and ideas by wresting bookers/writers/owners/wrestlers.

WCW paying Bret Hart $4 million dollors to sign with them, and then having no idea what to do with him, seems kinda stupid to me.

Katie Vick!

Goldberg's winning streak ending, whilst he was the biggest draw WCW had at the time.

These are just some I could think of. So I ask you, TWO, what are the biggest clangers is wrestling history?

The three you've mentioned are pretty huge. Bret was on huge money and to be honest they used him fine for the first couple of months. Reliving classic battles in matches against Hennig, Flair, and a new one against Muta. From there they just didn't have a clue though and turned him one way, then the other, without ever giving him a main event feel.

Goldberg's loss was ridiculous, as much because of how he was beaten as the fact that he was.

Add to that list Nash laying down for Hogan. It was such a bad move and a huge step backwards to something that everyone had grown tired of and was glad had finished for good, the nWo. They had a huge crowd in the building that night all of whom left feeling cheated and disappointed. WCW was famous for having people writing shows who just didn't understand the business and this was case in point.

Glacier. Theygave the guy the most huge of build ups to the point where even had he been an amazing talent he still couldn't have lived up to it. The little video segments before his debut were making him look like something special and of course he was actually pretty average.

Putting Steph on tv. Now I'm gonna get whinged at for this one but Vince created a monster when he did this. Nobody wanted the WWE to turn into the McMahon family soap opera but for a time that's really all it was. She cannot act, has a horrible voice, looks kinda okish but doesn't have a diva look about her, she cannot wrestle so why exactly was she bought on screen in front of the millions? I don't believe for a second that her presence ever did anything for ratings or buy rates, all it did was enhanced her ego and made her believe she actually was a star. She should have been kept backstage locked in a cage somewhere until it was time for Vince to hand the company over to her.

In WCW the big unanswered question, WHO DROVE THE HUMMER?"

The complete mishandling of Vader in WWE and the mess both WWE and WCWv made of Mike Awesome. I mean, come on, That 70's Guy, the Fat Chick Thriller, what were they on? Mike Awesome was booked perfectly in ECW, a dominating big man who can fly. A man with many variants on the powerbomb, including the always impressive Top-Rope Awesomebomb, yet both companies messed it up. I was more surprised with Vince in this, with his penchant for big men. Mike Awesome, IMO, even though I am a mark of his ECW/Japan work, is better than most of the "monsters" that have came and went in the time since he left. Jindraik, Nathan Jones, Matt Morgan, Heidenriech, Tyson Tomko, Luther Reigns. Awesome is much better than all of these guys. WWE missed the boat here.

The nWo in the WWE in 2002.....

Hardy v Hardy fued in late 2001.....

The Giant and his moonsault... Why not let him fly!

Mark Henry... Why book him or hire him!?!?!?!?!?

1.The NWO in the WWE was indeed a wash.

2.Seeing Mae Young show her wrinkled puppies during a live PPV.EWWW!!!

3.Mark Henry and Mae Young laying in a bed after having sex? EWWW!

4.Vince & Trish having an open affair in front of Linda while she was an invalent.

5.When HHH faked like he was attacked by a rattlesnake

6.When Kane had powers.Shooting bolts of lighting at people catching them on fire.

7.Katie Vick-Sleeping with corpses? Eww!

8.When Val Venis was about to lose his"manhood" for messing around with that"Japanese" guys wife with a samurai sword.

9.Mordeci,Calitto,Jesus,;etc. Why?

Too many to count for the WWE.

Oh, an invalid? My mistake(!)

Your spot on Jayden, Awesome was great when he had The Judge Jeff Jones, I miss him, doing his talking for him. All he had to do then was destroy anyone opposite him. Awesome vs Tanaka/Spike/Kid Kash are examples of how to book Mike Awesome.

Edited by DC

Glacier. They gave the guy the most huge of build ups to the point where even had he been an amazing talent he still couldn't have lived up to it. The little video segments before his debut were making him look like something special and of course he was actually pretty average.

Oh, I remember that, they made him out to be so great. I was actually looking forward to seeing him wrestle, but like you said, he was pretty average. And he bombed!

not to speak ill of the dead, but I've thought of another - 'The Ultimate Surprise'