Wenger: My dirty video shows Ruud is a cheat

Arsene Wenger will let a video dossier of the life and "crimes" of Ruud van Nistelrooy speak for itself today as he tries to prove he was right to call the Dutchman a cheat. As Mirror Sport revealed, Arsenal have compiled a video diary they believe backs up Wenger's allegation. The Arsenal boss has decided to let the 'facts' stand as his defence and stay away from FA headquarters at Soho Square this afternoon as he contests the improper conduct charge levied in the wake of his verbal attack on the Manchester United striker. He said: "At some stage you have to say what you think without insulting people. I've read my statements again and I stand by what I said. I just don't really know what I'm charged with. What I said on the day was not exaggerated. I said what I felt on the day."

Martin Lipton, Daily Mirror

hmmm that was reported by Lipton of the Daily Mirror what do yous think?? hes got some nerve to call ruud a cheat considering what his players have done down the years. sure jus last week at the chelsea match Pires CLEARLY dived to get the freekick that was contrversally put in the back of the net. you can say the ref had a bad view but it was still a big fat lousy dive.

Hey, Wengers guys might be cheats, but that means that he has more knowledge on the subject and must be right.

Man U being attacked like this is good for the game.

They are the gangsters of the game, their behaviour on the field is just poor, as is Arsenals half the time to be fair.

Is harsh to single out Ruud tho. Whole team are cheats half the time.

Yes Ruud cheats, in the same way most other footballers do. Some are a little bit worse than others, and in some very rare cases they don't do thigs like that at all but the reality is that it is in the game and it probably isn't leaving it any time soon.

It's perhaps harsh to single out Ruud but you can't deny that he cheats. I'm not saying he's any worse than anyone else as they almost all do it but he, like most footballers, is a cheat.

Wenger producing that video was a knee jerk reaction to a comment he made which he realised he was going to have to back up. As mentioned the video doesn't lie.

He got fined £15,000

meanwhile today steve Coterill got fined £800 for verbally abusing a referee, good to see plenty of consistency.

I think the point with that though is that in some ways its more a case of being realistic than consistent. I mean, lets look at it this way Take a top Premiership player, and then take a Championship Division 1 player (Championship division 1 my ass, it's the third division).

The Premiership player is on say £40k a week. The Championship 1 player is on, I don't know, for arguments sake say £1k a week. Now if both those players commit the same crime, the punishments in my opinion should be relative. If you were to fine both £1k then it would seem just punishment for the Championship 1 player, but what would the Premiership player even notice it? Of course not. Similarly if you were to fine both £40k you'd be giving the Premiership player a just punishment, and crippling the Championship 1 player.

It shouldn't be the same punishment, it should be a relative one depending on how much the guy earns. How much do you think Arsene Wenger earns compared to Steve Coterill?

Apparently the tape didn't get an airing at the appeal, they decided to leave it at home. Pretty pointless making a tape anyway, he was in the dock because he insulted an opposing player he wasn't trying to prove that Ruud is a cheat. Whether Ruuds a cheat is for the FA to decide, it's not for Wenger to spout his ugly gob off about, thats why he got a rollicking.

Archived