IF YOU COULD MAKE THE PERFECT WWE GAME FOR THE PS2 OR THE XBOX WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

The Franchise

So far I've played all of the Smackdowns on the PS2 and a couple of disappointing Raws on the Xbox.(I own both consoles)

SO far my favorite is Smackdown:Here Comes The Pain. Smackdown vs.Raw for the PS2 is okay but its not as good as last years game.

The things that I would like to add to help make the perfect WWE game:

1. An Entire roster of WWE legends that can be used in exhibition mode and career mode.Singles & Tag Teams w/managers & valets.

2.Bring in more international stars to add to the roster.(Hector Ganza,Great Muta,Masahiro Chono;etc)

3.Include more of the classic WWE music and titan-trons to use with created characters

4.More match options

5.Recurring injuries-Right in the middle of a match a nagging injury pops up.That would be different.A cool simulation.

6.You should be able to set up title matches in exhibition mode.And you should be able to unify both World titles.

7.More storylines from the past and present

8.The Created belt feature is cool.Keep that.

9.Bring back the created PPV features

10.Freedom to challenge the World champion on Raw or Smackdown when you win the Royal Rumble.(Like Benoit did this year)

So what ideas do you guys have to add to this?

Ok I don't know what Franchise just said so if I miss the point of this thread forgive me but it looks clear enough from the title, which I can see quite clearly. So.....

No need for a long explanation, I'd create a wrestling version of Championship Manager. Like Total Extreme Wrestling but a little more polished as it would have that professional feel to it and it would include all the real wrestlers and promotions etc.

This would never happen for various reasons but that would be my ideal game. Basically just TEW but better.

I wouldnt bother with the useless WWE. They need to help their own TV product first.

I'd make TNA IMPACT the Game.

Featuring Jeff Jarrett, Aj Styles, Monty Brown, Abyss, Raven, Chris Harris, James Storm, Chris Sabin, Michael Shane, Hector Garza, Christopher Daniels, Elix Skippers, The Naturals, Glen Gilberti, Swinger, Pat Kenney, Sonny Siaki, Kazarian, Sonjay Dutt, Kid Kash, Dallas, Jeff Hardy, Sabu, Ron Killings, and BG James among others.

Run it on the AKI No mercy Engine-Superb Gaming Brilliance

That sounds pretty good too F2K.

I wouldnt bother with the useless WWE. They need to help their own TV product first.

I'd make TNA IMPACT the Game.

Featuring Jeff Jarrett, Aj Styles, Monty Brown, Abyss, Raven, Chris Harris, James Storm, Chris Sabin, Michael Shane, Hector Garza, Christopher Daniels, Elix Skippers, The Naturals, Glen Gilberti, Swinger, Pat Kenney, Sonny Siaki, Kazarian, Sonjay Dutt, Kid Kash, Dallas, Jeff Hardy, Sabu, Ron Killings, and BG James among others.

Run it on the AKI No mercy Engine-Superb Gaming Brilliance

TNT IMPACT with No Mercy engine? I'm down with that. :thumbsup

For a wee while now, I've had an idea for a wrestling game that would be hard to pull off. It started when I played LOW1. In the season mode, you earn points to unlock things, and the more goals you meet in your match, the more points you are given. If you basically hit a few big moves and pin your opponent from a clothesline, you'll get the very minimum level of points. However, if you include things into the match like ref bumps, kicking out of opponent's finishers, overcoming the odds when faced with interference, the more points you get. Basically, it's rewarding you for keeping it as real as possible to proper pro wrestling.

My idea is simple enough, it's a Smackdown!/No Mercy style game where you're in the know. You're not fighting to get a win, as Jayden talked about how WreSpi should be lately, you're given a time and a finish and told to get out there and pull it off. For this to really work, I think, you'd need to control both guys.

The fact that you'd be controlling two things on screen at once would certainly be daunting, and extremely hard to play with unless it was very slow and deliberate, or you had to play it on a PC where you have access to lots of keys. The way I imagine it to be would use the PS2 controller, cut in half. To control the first wrestler in a singles match, you'd use the left side of the controller. The left analogue stick would move the guy around, the D-Pad would work as the face buttons for hitting moves/strikes, L1 and L2 would perform other functions and Select could be used to taunt. For the second guy in the match, the right analogue stick would move him around, the face buttons would hit moves/strikers, R1 and R2 would perform other functions and Start would be used to taunt.

What this allows you to do is to build a wrestling match from start to finish, the way you see it. If you want one guy to dominate, go ahead. If you want a back and forth match where everything is reverse and no one has the upper hand, it's down to you. The fact that you're clued in that it's all worked means that there could be all sorts of little touches added to the game that we've never seen before. Things like a powerbar for reversals. If you tap the reversal button, your guy will whisper instructions to his opponent, which might not be heard and the spot might be botched. If you smash the reverse button, your guy shouts out the spot, a lot of fans might hear it, and while it's more likely to be a nicely worked spot, the fans won't buy it. This game would also mean that for the first time, you can work a real tag match. 99% of every tag team match in wrestling follows the same order, where the one guy is worked over, there's lots of false tags, he finally hits a big move and brings in the fresh man. You could be scored on your ability not to botch spots, to keep the match flowing, to get the crowd involved, to keep to the planned finish at the original time. There could be backstage relationships, creative meetings, all the stuff that wrestlers really experience.

Of course, it'll just need to stay as a dream, for a few reasons. First of all, no promotion would want to release a game that says "Hey kids, we're fake and we lie to you!". Then of course, you have to wonder what the market would be for a wrestling game with a fictional roster that caters to a niché market of wrestling gamers.

I think that a game like this would really be a great title for wrestling fans who are more than sick of the same type of game. It might be a bit complicated to play at first, with you controlling two guys, and next to nobody would buy it, but if there's someone with the resources and capital needed to make the game reading this, I have no problems turning all creative rights over to you, just as long as I get a free review copy. :)

First of all. A.C. that is the best thing I have ever seen, ever. Fact.

Second, bring back the ratings system for ppvs from SD2. In fact that had the best season mode, too- it kept fresh and was multiplayer. For general game engines, DOR is the best of THQs efforts so I'd use that- especially for hell in a cell matches- I hate Smackdown HIAC matches with the continual falling off.

Except, no I wouldn't do that. Best bet- take all the WWE superstars past and present, the ratings system, create a belt et al, and graft it to the Fire Pro engine. That'd be ace.

On a more serious point- here's an idea to improve the SD control system. As is if you build up your special meter you get one of two special moves, right? Well how about splitting the bar into three. Keep the quick/ submission/ power/ signature grapples in place, but at the moves you have at the start are much weaker than the ones in the middle or end of the match. For example, at the start of a match you might tie up and press down and circle to put your opponent in a wristlock, but after you've built up your smackdown bar a bit, the same button combo will get you to do a Fujiwara armbar, say, and then once you've built up more you can do crossfaces and stuff. Obviously guys with higher stats can build themselves up quicker giving them a distinct advantage. I'd keep DORs momentum shift, too, modifying it to create desperation manoevures- stuff like hitting a huge move out of nowhere to stop an assault.

Edited by voice of reason

For a wee while now, I've had an idea for a wrestling game that would be hard to pull off. It started when I played LOW1. In the season mode, you earn points to unlock things, and the more goals you meet in your match, the more points you are given. If you basically hit a few big moves and pin your opponent from a clothesline, you'll get the very minimum level of points. However, if you include things into the match like ref bumps, kicking out of opponent's finishers, overcoming the odds when faced with interference, the more points you get. Basically, it's rewarding you for keeping it as real as possible to proper pro wrestling.

My idea is simple enough, it's a Smackdown!/No Mercy style game where you're in the know. You're not fighting to get a win, as Jayden talked about how WreSpi should be lately, you're given a time and a finish and told to get out there and pull it off. For this to really work, I think, you'd need to control both guys.

That isn't a bad idea per se, but apart from the obvious conceptual problems you admitted, you'd need, like, four hands to play the thing properly. While a version of the crowd attention found in LOW1&2 would be nice, it'd be better to adapt the one in Fire Pros rating modes, which scored you based on adhering to a wrestling style you selected before the match. This also meant your matches had to be unique. LOW1&2 fell foul of having a formula to getting 100% which had you systematically bumping the ref, getting a weapon, doing a few highspots and so forth which meant all your matches were the same.

I would have an online mode where you do a Royal Rumble with 30 people,same with elimination chamber and battle royal matches.

Bring back the ability to do a season mode with Women.

The ability to injure someone for a long or short space of time,which woud effectively take someone out of the season and the same with you(just to add a bit more risk to hardcore,table and tlc matches and so on).

Have a Legend section which is actually the complete list of WWE Hall Of Famers.

Have a full active roster.

It always annoys me that the music for creating wrestlers is crap. I agree with Franchise *gulp*, the WWE has a backlog of great tracks. Look at the almost picture perfect Bret Hart entrance in SvR. They have the rights to all the old wrestlers themes I would assume by the Anthology CD, so put them all in the game. Demolition, Bulldog, Savage etc.

It was the one good thing about Raw on X-Box, you could save tunes to the hard-drive and use them for your CAW. It made a hell of a difference. Creating myself and having my own theme coming to the ring.

Sort it out WWE/THQ!!

(Doubt they read this, but what the hell)