Pro Life or Pro Choice?

eyes_adrift

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pro-choice.

A polite request: could those who reply please respect other's opinions. This is the kind of topic that easily descends into nasty argument and I don't like that. Why should you bow to my sensitivities? No reason, just thought I'd throw that out there. Let's see TWO's grown-up-debate side. :D

ok here's a post I made in another thread when someone was asking us whether we thought their friend should abort their pregnancy, it's make my view pretty clear I think.

discussing things like this between ourselves is kinda pointless. the situation is personal to her and only her. she is the only one who can decide as she is the one who will have to live with the consequences.

she may love it just as much, but then she may also be bringing a retarded brain damaged child into a cruel world that won't accept it.

there are plenty of arguments for and against. i never understand people who are totally against abortion though. I can understand anyone being against it for themselves but for somebody else? that decision is theirs and theirs alone and one that only they can make and one that they have the right to make.

the only advice i can give is to give your friend the space to make her own mind up, but make sure you are there for her once she has. she will need a huge ammount of support whichever option she chooses but it is unfair for anyone to put pressure on her either way at the moment.

I haven't voted because it doesn't matter what I think she should do. I don't know her, or the full situation that she is in and most of all, I don't know what it best for her. Only she can decide that.

To be honest, it'll never be my place to say. But I am pro-choice, I like the fact the choice is there as a last resort, and people who have strong beliefs would stick to their beliefs anyway.

The one thing I do believe though, never let beliefs influence laws. You can have your beliefs, but the choice should always be there.

P.S Jayden: You know what Milf is right?

ok I can go into details but I feel this a conversation not to be had on the board for the viewing public but lets just say I have a bit of a thing for older women that's all.

Woo-yay! Yvonne, the Dutch chick is in her mid-thirties. Not wanting to be too graphic but she knows what she wants. None of that shy cr@p.

I'm Pro Life and Pro Choice, but an unborn life has no choice does it.

If a woman is raped and aborts then that is when I'm pro choice, if a twenty year old has five abortions because it's to hard then I'm pro life.

Things are too easy these days when it somes to accepting responsibility for your actions.

I will never carry a child of my own because funnily enough I have no womb, but if I got pregnant my choice would to be to keep it with or without anyone else to help me, but thats just me.

There are however many things in life that are not fair, but they are part of the growing process and others should know where the parameters are and the boundaries which are created.

I agree with a lot of opinions on this subject but, I've never heard the opinion of an aborted feotus.

Spiritchaser

Holy Ground

I have no idea. Iv've gone over it time and again, looking at every possible argument. But like Jayden said, theres no incentive or real right for me to say one or the other because I'll never have to make that choice. One argument is that it's not only that life your destroying. That life will grow and have children of there own, and they will have children themselves and so on. So really your destroying endless millions of lives. People tend not to think outside of there own generation, so it never comes up, but its something else to think about. I tend more towards pro life if Im honest. No one, not even the mother, has total right to decide whether another human being lives or dies. Maybe you should ask someone who is actually brain damaged if they wished they were aborted. Because it's there opinion that eally matters if you think about it. Only they can say whether their life is worth living. I know thats not always possible, but surely not impossible in all cases.

My opinion is that abortion should only be allowed in 3 cases:

1) rape - obvious

2) Extreme disability or a condition that is going to cause a short and painful life. I'd accept maybe certain non fatal mental disabilities also being grounds. Oh and being unable to walk is not an extreme disability. I know this for a FACT as i am in a wheelchair, only thing that makes my life hard is other people not thinking is. not an extreme disability neither is being blind or deaf... possibly if both but not one only

3) if the woman's life is at risk from eclampsia... this is still fatal alot of times and while i believe a baby is alive at concption a life that has started takes presidence over one about to start

I just feel that if someone had an abortion to get rid of an unwanted child it is better than producing more unwanted children who will probably be in care, and end having miserable lives.

I'm not saying that all kids who go into care end up unhappy but the sad truth is that the older a child gets the less chance they have of getting adopted.

I also don't understand why people who can't have kids don't adopt instead of getting IVF and stuff like that.

I have also never understood the reasoning behind pro life organisations.They say that they think everyone deserves a life, but i don't see them giving money or providing support for the unwanted and unhappy children being produced because of the clinics that they are shutting down.

Pro-Life. A lifes a life, with a soul and feelings. I've had to study this for GCSE, and the laws around Abortion can be altered so easily. Two doctors have to give permission, for many reasons, including mental distress. If you bend the rules enough, you can say you'll be mentally distressed cos you wont be able to go out. What sort of reason is that?. I always think of the unborn child, and the fact that they've had no choice in been sucked out and binned.

I find then when it comes to extreme pro-lifers shooting abortion doctors in the head, I'm Pro-choice and pro locking pro lifers away the mad people.

Avoiding responsibility? They've been aborting babies for centuries, the best method in the olden days? A good punch to the stomach (Or leeches).

The baby is a life? Well actually no, it is a collection of complex Dna and molecules, it has no real knowledge of the world around it, or any functions o recognise it. I mean it's like men shouldn't masterbate because they are destroying a baby every time they ejaculate!

But pro lifers have thei opinions and they are entitled to them, just keep the guns at home eh?

• Like 1

I find then when it comes to extreme pro-lifers shooting abortion doctors in the head, I'm Pro-choice and pro locking pro lifers away the mad people.

Avoiding responsibility? They've been aborting babies for centuries, the best method in the olden days? A good punch to the stomach (Or leeches).

The baby is a life? Well actually no, it is a collection of complex Dna and molecules, it has no real knowledge of the world around it, or any functions o recognise it. I mean it's like men shouldn't masterbate because they are destroying a baby every time they ejaculate!

But pro lifers have thei opinions and they are entitled to them, just keep the guns at home eh?

Word!

And if people really want to get cold and clinical about it then this planet is hugely overcrowded anyways. We need to clear some space.

Like Saracen I don't see what's inside in those early stages as a life, just a potential one. When pro lifers shoot abortion clinic Dr's that is the biggest load of hypocritical crap ever.

There should always be choices and people should always have the right to make that decision for themselves. As I've said before I can totally understand anyone who would insist that they would have to have their baby even if they didn't want to, they just couldn't have an abortion. That's fine, but what I can't understand is anyone who thinks that it's wrong for someone else.

Pro-choice - at the very least in this world where a lot of decisions are made without out input, then a woman should have the right to choose about what happens to her body. I realise the reasons why people could be against abortion but i feel that a lot of people simplify the issue mentioning people hwo have repeated abortions. Abortion is never easy for anyone to go through - its a massive physical and mental ordeal which is not taken lightly. Sure there may be people who use it as a means of birth control - few as im sure they are - but we should be looking at the reasons why this person keeps doing this - and being thankful that yet another unwanted baby doesnt get brought into this world.

How would i feel if got pregnant now? Well being as i have no job, live in student accomodation, am in the final year of my degree and have no long-term boyfriend, then i would be gutted, and yes would probly abort, as hard as that would be. having a baby now would in effect ruin my future - how could i bring a baby into my life if i felt like that?

And i am one of those people who are pro-choice but anti the death penalty. I used to be pro to both but having seen a number of instances when legitimately mentally ill people are condemned to death, i've changed my mind. How can someone be executed when they have no idea what they have even done. Sure there are those that deserve it, but a vast number of people on death-row have serious mental illnesses. Its a case of not realising (or not caring) until its too late for some people

Im pro-choice, what a woman does to her body is the concern of her and her alone.

Everyday I work with a child who is severly disabled (cant talk has fits cant walk cannot communicate in anyway) he lives with his gran because his mother didnt want him. She has said if he was "normal" she would have him but she cannot cope with the pressure of it. How unfair is that she brought him in to this world 6 months later she passes him to gran moves to cyprus. That child did nothing wrong apart from being born to a selfish person.

So should they be allowed to be born so gruesomly disfigured as this child.

At 16 I went to an abortion clinic with my sister who had unfortunately gotten pregnant even though she was using contraception. My sister was only 17 going through her A levels planning a great life as a doctor, a baby was the last thing she wanted and certainly the last thing she was ready for. All the time we were there she was telling me how wrong she thought this was and how she would be kicked out of the church for a multitude of sins. Although our religion frowns upon what she did her life was too young to be bringing another into it. She was a child having a child. She had the proceedure done and laying in bed that night i could hear her crying, she hated what she had done but knew she could not provide a future for that child without a job. The sad thing is something went wrong so she has been left unable to have children, but she works with children in a hospital. So sometimes abortion may not be right in our eyes or the eys of the person doing it but it does have ripple effects and they can be good.

So if a woman wants an abortion I cant see any reason why not, obviously if they want one they are not ready for a child in their life and may not be able to care for it in the way it needs to be.

xXx

I'm pro-choice, for many of the reasons in this thread. I couldn't bring a child into the world knowing that his/her life would be nothing but suffering if he/she had a serious disability, or if the child was a product of rape. Imagine growing up and finding out that you were born because some random man attacked your mum.

Oh, and Jayden, I've a thing for the older lady too.

I lost my virginity to a woman 17 yrs older and have only been with one girl younger than me in my life.

MILF's rule.