Queen to reform!

eyes_adrift

Rock legends QUEEN are to reform for a tour next year - with Seventies rocker PAUL RODGERS replacing deceased legend FREDDIE MERCURY on vocals.

Queen guitarist Brian May confirmed the news in a posting on his official website brianmay.com.

A UK tour will definitely go ahead, with the possibility of a European leg and a world tour under discussion. The tour will feature material by both Queen and Rodgers, one-time vocalist with both Free and Bad Company.

The statement on May's website reads: "It really all came about because of the Fender 50th Anniversary gig that I did with Paul Rodgers. We were both so amazed at the chemistry that was going on in 'All Right Now', that suddenly it seems blindingly obvious that there was something happening here."

While Queen's drummer Roger Taylor is definitely taking part, there is no news on whether bass player John Deacon will get involved.

Queen stopped touring in 1986, after frontman Mercury fell ill. He died of an AIDS-related illness in 1991.

Thanks to http://www.nme.com

What do you think?

This is dreadful. Dreadful' date=' dreadful, dreadful.[/quote']

Heehee... on the one hand I'm thinking "Oh God, NOOOOOOO! Where's Freddiiiiiiieeeee?!".

But I will buy a ticket. Oh yes, I will buy I ticket. To bask in the aura of MONSTER DRUMMER Roger Taylor and FINGERSMITH Brian May is enough of a draw.

If John Deacon is there I will:

A) Mark like a mo'fo'

and

B) Eat all millinary in the vicinety.

:music1

Hopefully they don't market it as a Queen reunion, because they will get so much stick for it. I'd prefer if they actually produced a new album of new material, then did Free and Queen songs in the set. But if it's just a Queen rehash, it seems eternally pointless. Will just end up being disappointing. You can't replace Freddie, and more importantly, you should never try.

Why can't Brian May let go? Rehashing songs with people (eg. 5ive) is not good for him or for Queen fans! It is making a mockery of the Queen Legacy. Queen were awesome and no matter how good having Paul Rodgers joining them is, i can't help but thinking it will suck if they do Queen songs! JungMuta hit the nail on the head, an album of new material would be awesome, plus it would hopefully let people realise what a farce "The Darkness" are.

No matter how hard they try, things will never sound as good as they did with Freddie. His voice was unique, and from what i have heard of Bad Company, Rodgers aint going to come close to the magic of Mercury. Without a doubt i will buy a ticket, that goes without saying, and it would be amazing if Deacon was appearing. Although John has really stayed away from any kind of spotlight and/or recognition, and its tough to imagine him taking part.

The Darkness aren't a farce, they've just completely nailed the market, with the right brand of music for the right people. If direct and great marketing, with catchy songs is stupid, then I'm sure their bank balance would prove you wrong.

The Darkness aren't a farce' date=' they've just completely nailed the market, with the right brand of music for the right people. If direct and great marketing, with catchy songs is stupid, then I'm sure their bank balance would prove you wrong.[/quote']

Just because they have a big bank balance doesn't make them any good.

Leave off the Darkness... they aren't trying to be Queen because even though he sings in a high voice when did Freddie do that a real lot after the 1970's? Whats the matter did you all see that sketch on 2Dtv and jump on the anti-Darkness bangwagon?

Back on topic...

This will suck. The Queen musical sucked, the gets togethers with Robbie and 5ive sucked and the fact that Taylor and May can't let their legacy (or bad 80's hair do's) go is a sign of saddness and out of touchness...

Don't get me wrong I grew up listening to Queen, loving Queen and wanting to be as great a singer as Freddie was. But thats the point, Queen should be left in the past where people can re-visit the classic pieces, not dragged up and murdered by boy bands, overrated singles artists and a twerp called Ben Elton....

When Freddie died, Queen died, wanna listen to them live again? Buy the 3-disk greatest hits compliation and sit in a field listening to it... It will be better then this.