Bret Hart's TWC Shoot Interview

Brad

I just want to hear eveyone's opinion on Bret's shoot interview if anyone saw it. I loved every bit of it, I agree with most of what Bret said and I understand a lot more about things which weren't so clear. Also, I didn't know that Bret's career was ended by Goldberg, I just thought he gave up because of his age. I now see him as a legend above shawn michaels because shawn always had the wrong attitude for the buisness and never helped anyone in the long run whereas Bret Hart gave many people opportunities and made careers out of the anvil, owen hart, shanw michaels, stone cold and many others, what are your views?

I just want to hear eveyone's opinion on Bret's shoot interview if anyone saw it. I loved every bit of it' date=' I agree with most of what Bret said and I understand a lot more about things which weren't so clear. Also, I didn't know that Bret's career was ended by Goldberg, I just thought he gave up because of his age. I now see him as a legend above shawn michaels because shawn always had the wrong attitude for the buisness and never helped anyone in the long run whereas Bret Hart gave many people opportunities and made careers out of the anvil, owen hart, shanw michaels, stone cold and many others, what are your views?[/quote']

An interesting interview, but I didn't catch it all.

You mentioned Shawn's old attitude towards the business, sure it wasn't perfect but it got him where he wanted to be at the time. The cuthroat business of wrestling is no secret and HBK is by far not an exception to it. Thankfully there are now goes out there, past or present that have changed their attitude towards the business, and Shawn Michaels is a prime example. But the WWE is indeed evey man for himself...

Bret Hart was boring, plain and simple. His in-ring skills were amazing but when it came to shooting promos he was indeed a "change the channel" kind of guy. Even Benoit's promos are more intense than his ever were...

Bret Hart was boring? Thats a load.

An interesting interview, but I didn't catch it all.

You mentioned Shawn's old attitude towards the business, sure it wasn't perfect but it got him where he wanted to be at the time. The cuthroat business of wrestling is no secret and HBK is by far not an exception to it. Thankfully there are now goes out there, past or present that have changed their attitude towards the business, and Shawn Michaels is a prime example. But the WWE is indeed evey man for himself...

Bret Hart was boring, plain and simple. His in-ring skills were amazing but when it came to shooting promos he was indeed a "change the channel" kind of guy. Even Benoit's promos are more intense than his ever were...

Bret Hart was never boring.He came out to the ring and proclaimed himself"The Best there is,the best there was,and the best there will ever will be." And night in and night out he proved it against every face,heel,and blood relative that wanted a shot at his title. His promos were just as good. Nobody will ever forget how Vince and Michaels screwed Bret in Canada.Never. I'm sorry I missed that Shoot interview.I bet it was pretty damn good.

I completely agree with you franchise, he proved day in day out that he is the best there was, the best there is, and the best there ever will be. No one will also forget how Vince screwed Bret, and also what i found out from the interview is that Bret's only regret is not getting Owen out of the WWE. Apparently as soon as Bret had been screwed, Owen wanted to be released from the WWE which I understand and I would of wanted the same. Also, if the WWE released him, Bret asked WCW if they would give owen a job there and they said yes they would. So if the WWE released Owen then both men would of been happy but it didn't happen and Bret blames himself and this situation on the death of Owen Hart which i felt sorry for him for.

Yeah, that indeed was a sad tragedy.

I completely agree with you franchise' date=' he proved day in day out that he is the best there was, the best there is, and the best there ever will be. No one will also forget how Vince screwed Bret, and also what i found out from the interview is that Bret's only regret is not getting Owen out of the WWE. Apparently as soon as Bret had been screwed, Owen wanted to be released from the WWE which I understand and I would of wanted the same. Also, if the WWE released him, Bret asked WCW if they would give owen a job there and they said yes they would. So if the WWE released Owen then both men would of been happy but it didn't happen and Bret blames himself and this situation on the death of Owen Hart which i felt sorry for him for.[/quote']

I remember watching the Raw right after Owen's death.Man, that was hard to watch.To see every single wrestler on the roster standing on the ramp crying their eyes out mourning what happened to Owen was really deep.(Especially their interviews) (HHH's and Jeff Jarrett's was the most emotional) Plus that was the first time ever in Wrestling history that all major and minor federations paid tribute to someone passing in the business.(That was true respect)

If Owen would've followed Bret to WCW they would've been a holy terror to anyone that crossed their paths. :worship

Bret wanted to go and Owen wanted to stay.Thats just the way it was meant to be.I'm sorry along with the rest of the wrestling world that it had to end the way it did. :(

Bret Hart was never boring.He came out to the ring and proclaimed himself"The Best there is,the best there was,and the best there will ever will be." And night in and night out he proved it against every face,heel,and blood relative that wanted a shot at his title. His promos were just as good. Nobody will ever forget how Vince and Michaels screwed Bret in Canada.Never. I'm sorry I missed that Shoot interview.I bet it was pretty damn good.

Bret Hart is certainly NOT the best there is, was and will ever be.

I dont doubt his talent, as I've said, his wrestling ability was amazing and every fan appreciated that, including myself. But maybe his character personality was for some people and not for others? Some may have found his promos entertaining, but I sure as hell didn't.

The fact is that his promos were not intense, and I quote you from another thread when you mentioned "HHH's same boring promos" The boring promos are from Bret Hart. Not only did he use the same terminology, but the same exact words, in nearly every one of his promos.

Compared to Bret Hart, Triple H's promos are simply gold.

Bret Hart's promos were gold.Because he told you what he was going to do and did it.

Bret Hart is certainly NOT the best there is, was and will ever be.

I dont doubt his talent, as I've said, his wrestling ability was amazing and every fan appreciated that, including myself. But maybe his character personality was for some people and not for others? Some may have found his promos entertaining, but I sure as hell didn't.

The fact is that his promos were not intense, and I quote you from another thread when you mentioned "HHH's same boring promos" The boring promos are from Bret Hart. Not only did he use the same terminology, but the same exact words, in nearly every one of his promos.

Compared to Bret Hart, Triple H's promos are simply gold.

Why does a wrestler have to be intense when hes telling the world how good he is? All you had to do was look into Bret's eyes to know that he was indeed as good as he proclaimed to be.Bret spoke softly but carried a big stick.But he always got his points across.Which made him entertaining to watch.

Hunter being a bully and walking around with a sledghammer worked fine about 2 or 3 years ago.Now its about as entertaining as watching flies do the nasty.HHH's promos arent Gold.Thats dust collecting off of them. At one point in time HHH's promos was pretty good.Now its like a broken record with a scratch.

Bret's ego is huge. He truly believes he was the best wrestler alive. Don't get me wrong, I like Bret and the first time I saw his entrance in SvR I marked out a little, but Bret was limited IMO.

And another thing about Montreal, I know this thing has been discussed to death, and always will be, but Shawn didn't screw Bret as some say. Shawn was his opponent on the night that Vince decided to do what he did. If it wasn't HBK it could've been anybody else. The simple fact is Bret was leaving, Vince wanted him to drop the title on the way out as Hogan had done in '93, and Bret didn't wanna lose in Canada. Fair enough, but it is a work and as Vince is the boss, his decision should be final.

I agree, You just knew that Bret was the best when you watched him and listened to him, he worked the crowd better than anyone, and his canadian gimmick went for a very long time. But franchise, going back to what u said about the tribute to owen hart, i also found it difficult to watch and found jeff, debra and HHH the most moving but i watched the interview today and Bret hated it, I guess i agreed with him as well, maybe t.v. wasn't the best way to show a tribute, because all they done was do a normal raw with a tribute whereas i would of loved a proper tribute where there was no raw and they had the interviews and shown owen's best matches. Maybe vince done this on a normal raw to get ratings which is what bret got into saying, but Bret hates vince and always will so he would say that.

Shawn told Bret he didnt know about it.Years later he admitted he really did know.

Bret's ego is huge. He truly believes he was the best wrestler alive. Don't get me wrong, I like Bret and the first time I saw his entrance in SvR I marked out a little, but Bret was limited IMO.

And another thing about Montreal, I know this thing has been discussed to death, and always will be, but Shawn didn't screw Bret as some say. Shawn was his opponent on the night that Vince decided to do what he did. If it wasn't HBK it could've been anybody else. The simple fact is Bret was leaving, Vince wanted him to drop the title on the way out as Hogan had done in '93, and Bret didn't wanna lose in Canada. Fair enough, but it is a work and as Vince is the boss, his decision should be final.

So Shawn Michaels lied.He knew what Vince was going to do because of Bret wanting to go to WCW.And he went along with it.Why not, he gets the world title handed to him on a platter.Vince paid for it the next day though didnt he? LOL!

Yes Bret's ego was huge,but so many great champions egos were.(At least he didnt have to go marry one of the McMahons to cement his wrestling status) Plus how can you consider Bret to be limited? He was the ONLY champion in history to defend the title against faces and heels throughout his reigns as champion. When did Hogan do that? Or HHH? Hardly Never.

Agreed Bradleyamor.

I agree' date=' You just knew that Bret was the best when you watched him and listened to him, he worked the crowd better than anyone, and his canadian gimmick went for a very long time. But franchise, going back to what u said about the tribute to owen hart, i also found it difficult to watch and found jeff, debra and HHH the most moving but i watched the interview today and Bret hated it, I guess i agreed with him as well, maybe t.v. wasn't the best way to show a tribute, because all they done was do a normal raw with a tribute whereas i would of loved a proper tribute where there was no raw and they had the interviews and shown owen's best matches. Maybe vince done this on a normal raw to get ratings which is what bret got into saying, but Bret hates vince and always will so he would say that.[/quote']

I think the WWE should have better tributes to those thats passed on that indeed helped make the WWE what it is today.As much as guys like Kurt Henning,Road Warrior Hawk,and Ray Traylor(Big Bossman) has done for the WWE the least they couldve done is showed some of their old matches or talked about them for at least 10 minutes or so.Anything but watching any pointless diva segments.

But bringin that up, what rlly annoyed me is the fact that the Bossman never got a mention, Even Crash got mentioned but they didn't say anything about the death of Ray traylor. So i think the Bossman must of left wwe on bad terms but the Bossman deserved a lot more den he got, I just think that vince don't care about people's feelings and all he cares about is power and that is why he has lost many employers in the past that could still make this federation great.

Why does a wrestler have to be intense when hes telling the world how good he is? All you had to do was look into Bret's eyes to know that he was indeed as good as he proclaimed to be.Bret spoke softly but carried a big stick.But he always got his points across.Which made him entertaining to watch.

Hunter being a bully and walking around with a sledghammer worked fine about 2 or 3 years ago.Now its about as entertaining as watching flies do the nasty.HHH's promos arent Gold.Thats dust collecting off of them. At one point in time HHH's promos was pretty good.Now its like a broken record with a scratch.

Because he does. Any promo has to be intense, believeable. The wrestler doing the promo has to look believable. Bret Hart just looked like he went out there and said it for the sake of it.

Bret Hart was entertaining to watch... for some of us. Sure as hell not for me. He bored me completely until he got into the ring. Then I enjoyed his work, only then did I take a keen interest.

Triple H is the top heel in the business. What more do you want him to do? Switch to a babyface who doesn't break a rule? c'mon. As in his home video, he said that to be the top guy in the company you had to be the top babyface, and he was the guy on the other side, the evil bastard that everybody hated. And that's the same thing today. He draws so well because people pay to see him get beaten.

All you're doing is proving that Triple H is damned good at his job. And That's why you hate him so much...

I never said his promos were gold. I said they are gold when comparing them to Bret Hart's promos.

Except Triple H doesn't draw so well. He's been booked to look so powerful over everyone else, that no one cares, thus why the PPV ratings are lousy.

He isn't the top heel in the business, but he has the most exposure, different thing. For me Triple H is believable, because he seriously believes what he says, no matter how ridiculous he is. Bret Hart seemed believable too. The whole turning on America thing and his promos, he actually did speak from the heart. Whether you choose to believe that is up to you, but what he said was what he believed. Delivery has nothing to do with whether you're telling the truth or not.

As you said Bret Hart is entertaining for some of us, and same can be said for Triple H, so please no more one sided stuff, cause it just makes both your arguments irrelevant.

Both have their goods and bads, and at the end of the day they are just different.

No.Its called its nice to see that you can get ahead in the world by different means.

Because he does. Any promo has to be intense, believeable. The wrestler doing the promo has to look believable. Bret Hart just looked like he went out there and said it for the sake of it.

Bret Hart was entertaining to watch... for some of us. Sure as hell not for me. He bored me completely until he got into the ring. Then I enjoyed his work, only then did I take a keen interest.

Triple H is the top heel in the business. What more do you want him to do? Switch to a babyface who doesn't break a rule? c'mon. As in his home video, he said that to be the top guy in the company you had to be the top babyface, and he was the guy on the other side, the evil bastard that everybody hated. And that's the same thing today. He draws so well because people pay to see him get beaten.

All you're doing is proving that Triple H is damned good at his job. And That's why you hate him so much...

I never said his promos were gold. I said they are gold when comparing them to Bret Hart's promos.

Becoming McMahons son-in-law basically cemented his status as the top heel in the WWE.I dont really hate him at all.I just hate the fact that because of his marriage to Steph he gets over even more now than he did before. But you're right you have your views and I have mine. We both love a good story to talk about.This is one of those times. :thumbsup

I totally agree with you on this jungmuta. 100%

Except Triple H doesn't draw so well. He's been booked to look so powerful over everyone else, that no one cares, thus why the PPV ratings are lousy.

He isn't the top heel in the business, but he has the most exposure, different thing. For me Triple H is believable, because he seriously believes what he says, no matter how ridiculous he is. Bret Hart seemed believable too. The whole turning on America thing and his promos, he actually did speak from the heart. Whether you choose to believe that is up to you, but what he said was what he believed. Delivery has nothing to do with whether you're telling the truth or not.

As you said Bret Hart is entertaining for some of us, and same can be said for Triple H, so please no more one sided stuff, cause it just makes both your arguments irrelevant.

Both have their goods and bads, and at the end of the day they are just different.

Good post Jung. :thumbsup

Becoming McMahons son-in-law basically cemented his status as the top heel in the WWE.I dont really hate him at all.I just hate the fact that because of his marriage to Steph he gets over even more now than he did before. But you're right you have your views and I have mine. We both love a good story to talk about.This is one of those times. :thumbsup

I would argue that he was the top heel in the WWE before he married to Stephanie.

Anyhow we both love a good story yes and have differences in opinions. Fair play is fair play :xyx

Yea i agree, there r differences in opinion and it is very easy to find an argument in this topic because it is comparing 2 superstars who have something in common but jus do there things in common in different styles. I like the way HHH comes across as a heel on Raw, and I have always liked the way bret hart has made his point verbally and physically.