Most lacky/crap jobs

Clarkey

I hate the pickles.

First day there I was asked to do the "Pickle Yield". I.e.: Count the contents of a bag-in-a-box of pickles. My hands stack for days.

My favourite rib at Mac's was to send a new person upstairs for some "Ice Cube Mix". :D

I hate the pickles.

First day there I was asked to do the "Pickle Yield". I.e.: Count the contents of a bag-in-a-box of pickles. My hands stack for days.

My favourite rib at Mac's was to send a new person upstairs for some "Ice Cube Mix". :D

I dont belive you fell for that one AC! I used to get new starters doing that as well!

The waste count was a nightmare, when I was first asked to do it I thought it was a joke! :(

The waste count was a nightmare' date=' when I was first asked to do it I thought it was a joke! :([/quote']

Waste-count = Made-up-count when I was there.

Best bit was Wednesday mornings and all the OAPs come in for their coffee morning. If you could blag lobby you'd have to do sod-all all morning cause you were chatting with the customers. All it took was "Tell me about the war," and they'd be away.

I hold the record for disciplinaries at that store - 7 final written warnings in 6 years (before anyone takes the mickey, 4 1/2 of those years were pre- and during college/uni)

I used to work in McD's as well. For the first 6 months I wasn't for some reason allowed within peeing distance of the front tills. So my time there involved sitting in Dirve thru all day doing sod all, taking more than my fair share of free coke from the machine. I probably put on weight there, as I took enough for my break to keep a family of four going for a month. The best thing there was when rumours went round that employers had been putting any and all bodily fluids in the icream and shake mix. Needless to say, it was a brave man who tried the vanilla milkshake that day.

Been a Sport's Soccer employee, that's the worst job ever, especially when you get annoying ranting stupid customer's who try to tell you your wrong when it's very clear your right. Plus Sport's soccer rules are rubbish, ie. on a 2 floor shop, you can only make exchanges on one till upstairs.

Maccy's was great, just so much work, and so many hours. good pay though, and good discounts.

Bin men must have an awful job,also fishermen.

Been a Sport's Soccer employee, that's the worst job ever, especially when you get annoying ranting stupid customer's who try to tell you your wrong when it's very clear your right. Plus Sport's soccer rules are rubbish, ie. on a 2 floor shop, you can only make exchanges on one till upstairs.

Yeah I work in Sports Soccer, and I adhere the rules are awful and theres nothing like an obnoxious customer out just to send you too and fro from the back to end up wanting the first shoes they had.

Another one I'd add is Telecommunications or door to door salespeople, the stick they must recieve and obviously hand out can't be good.

The one thing that always gets me about Sports Soccer is the lack of space. In every single one of their stores that I've been to, it's wall to wall with racks, stands and displays, making it impossible to navigate on a busy day, especially with other customers standing in front of the only way out of a prison made of Donay T shirts. I realise this kind of thing is loved in America with places like Walmart going by the philosophy of "stack 'em high, sell 'em low", but I'd much rather take my time and walk around in the space provided at a place like JJB or Greaves Sports than be herded around like cattle at Sports Soccer.

Oh I agree, you should have seen the store this weekend I work in with the chrimbo rush. The store I work in (Maidstone) is the smallest in the country and is still as cramped and jam packed as the rest of the stores. The worst thing about it is Sports Soccer and Hargreaves Sports are the same company.

Speaking of jobs, Ive got an interview at that Games place, the peeps who made Paperboy in under two hours. Im peeing my self with nerves, must go in, be confident and tell those mofo's they want to offer me the job, I need that job, I want that job

Wish me luck folks, Im goin in. Well not yet a bit anyway, not going for an hour yet but still lets hope when i return to TWO tomorrow or this evening I shall be a fully paid games tester

The one thing that always gets me about Sports Soccer is the lack of space. In every single one of their stores that I've been to' date=' it's wall to wall with racks, stands and displays, making it impossible to navigate on a busy day, especially with other customers standing in front of the only way out of a prison made of Donay T shirts. [/quote']

There's a Sports soccer shop in Sheffield. It has FOUR floors,and you still can't move in there, they have two delivery rooms, and there rails are still as crammed up as ours. They send in more stock than each shop needs,it's ridiculous. I used to work in a smaller sports soccer, and it was easier as even though the shop was just as crammed, it was quicker to get from one end to the other.

Also there embarrassing to work for now, The smaller ex-Donnay shops have been renamed 'lilly whites', and customers keep trying to give us the name aswell.

Oh I agree' date=' you should have seen the store this weekend I work in with the chrimbo rush. The store I work in (Maidstone) is the smallest in the country and is still as cramped and jam packed as the rest of the stores. The worst thing about it is Sports Soccer and Hargreaves Sports are the same company.[/quote']

The Sports Soccer store in Maidstone is horrendous, made 10x worse by the fact that Maidstone is one of Britains Chaviets towns. The place is packed day in day out by big fat pikey mothers buying hoardes of Donnay equipment for their 10 kids or Chavs blocking up the trainer wall searching for the whitest pair of Reebok Classics they can find. The Ashford one is just as bad, only it's a bigger shop.

Worst job's, I worked as a binman for a couple of hours once, when I was at college on my day off, the temping agency sent me to work for the council, I thought i'd be sweping up the streets or something easy like that not being a dustbinman. They got fed up with me after a couple of hours and i got told to piss off home. Thats the worst job I've done.