Book Wars **SPOILERS**

Russ

From DA MELTZ~!

Ric Flair threw a punch at Mick Foley earlier tonight before the Raw tapings in Huntsville, AL. Foley refused to shake Flair's hand, and then made a remark Flair didn't like about asking for an autographed book. Flair connected with a punch before it was broken up but Foley wasn't injured and went on with the show.

The general backstage feeling was it was a work and an angle to set up Wrestlemania. Time will tell.

If it really was an angle, where did it start becoming planned? Was Flair's book used to start an on-air angle? Does it even go as far back as Foley's book?

Anyway, let's enjoy the following thread which will no doubt go waaaay off topic and turn into a Flair Vs Foley arguement, then a Bret Vs Flair arguement, then Bret Vs Shawn, then possibly even Pepsi Vs Coke.

If it was a work though, which most things usually are, who are they working? I mean, it happened backstage before no fans whatsoever and the only people that would have seen it was the roster and some of the production staff. Yes Meltzer has now bought it up online but lets be honest, the Wrestlemania fanbase is about the most casual one in wrestling. Half of them wouldn't have a clue who Dave Meltzer was.

I've not read either's books so I can't comment on anything that's been said there. However if Foley made some comment that was likely to incense Flair then that was a bit silly. So however was throwing a punch at him (especially when you're a useless old man like Flair who doesn't look like he could win a fight with my Gran let alone anyone else).

On another note, not sure if this has been mentioned on here anywhere but did anyone hear about the Big Show, Chavo fight backstage recently? If you were Chavo would you be stepping up in the Big show's face?

My votes are

1. Foley

2. Bret

3. Bret

4. Pepsi

I'm betting you all really wanted to know that!

back on topic if it is a work i can't see it being planned that long ago. That would involve planning an angle and building it up properly to get the crowd drawn into it, something which the wwe seems to be devoid of doing at the moment. If i'm wrong then well played the people behind it. Lets hope it does fantastically with the fans and the wee get the idea that in order to boost ratings you have to have your audience caring about angles and where they are going, who want feud to have a purpose and a climax not just random cak throwning together big names.

I like Big Macs but I prefer BK fries. :/

Anyways...

Foley has the right not to associate himself with someone who absolutely trashed him in print.

Foley has the right to talk a little smack.

Foley has the right not to expect to have a 55 year old try to thump him.

Foley should've sold the punch hard and bumped - then sued the cranky old sod.

I was listening to a recent Foley shoot and Foley totally ruled out a match with Flair saying that to have a match your opponent needs to have "a little bit of respect" for you. He also had said they had had plans to have a match at some stage until Flair's comments and that Foley thought Flair's initial comments in England were a work until WWE told him otherwise.

I've no reason to think that Foley wasn't shooting when he said all that. Also, having someone totally bury you in a book is putting yourself out a little bit just for a feud.

Flair is a jackass. His comments in his book were ridiculous but hey, they sold copies for him.

I don't think it was a work, Foley and Flair hate each over, they both say horrible stuff about each other in there books. It first started when Flair made the comment saying that Foley wasn't a wrestler, he was a daredevil lunatic. They have hated each over ever since and if it was to work something, it would of been shown live in front of fans and being serious, when have the security guards got to a fight that quickly and actually been able to break up a fight.

Archived