TWO PPV Predictions Rules Changes for 2005

MrFill

There are several rules changes coming into effect in 2005 for the Predictions

Points will no longer require Winner to be correct for them to count

Winner will be 2 points, all other options will be 1 point

Who and Who has some major changes:

You will get 1 point for every person who is correct

You will lose 1 point for every person you choose over the number of people in the result

e.g. La Resistance vs Edge & Chris Benoit:

If you selected Rob Conway and Chris Benoit, +2 points

If you selected Rob Conway and Edge, +1 point for Conway

If you selected Sylvan Grenier and Edge, 0 points

If you selected Rob Conway, Sylvan Grenier and Edge, +1 point for Conway, -1 point for 1 too many people chosen, therefore 0 points

If it's a 6 man match and you choose all 6 people, then you can end up losing 2 points for this!

I think that explains it :D

If there's any confusion, I can try to expand on it

The changes have been made for a couple of reasons

People were complaining about the fact that you had to select the Winner to get other points, and Who and Who was too damn hard to predict, so this gives the option for more points (unless you're insane and pick everyone :D)

If anything, it gives the chance for more points - the PPVs end up with more possible points

The only thing which is more "confusing" is the Who and Who, but it gives people the chance to say "this person was involved, so I get a point for that"

Can I clarify what you think is confusing? I'm sure I can explain anything on how it works :)

Armageddon 2004 (just to be topical)

WWE Heavyweight Championship

Who leaves with the belt = JBL (1 point)

Winner = JBL (2 points)

Method = Pin (1 point)

Who and Who - pick people involved in the finish = JBL,Booker T (1 point for each correct person, -1 for everyone picked over 2 people)

US Championship - Streetfight

Who leaves with the belt? = John Cena (1 point)

Winner = John Cena (2 points)

Method = Pin (1 point)

WWE Tag Team Championships

Who leaves with the belts? = RVD & Mysterio (1 point)

Winners = RVD & Mysterio (2 points)

Method = Pin (1 point)

Who and Who - pick people involved in the finish = Renee Dupree,RVD (1 point for each correct person, -1 for everyone picked over 2 people)

Cruiserweight Championship

Who leaves with the belt? = Funaki (1 point)

Winner = Funaki (2 points)

Method = Pin (1 point)

Handicap Match

Winner(s) = Big Show (2 points)

Method = Pin (1 point)

Who and Who - pick people involved in the finish = Big Show,Mark Jindrak (1 point for each correct person, -1 for everyone picked over 2 people)

Tough Enough Boxing Match

Winner = Daniel Puder (2 points)

Method = Points (1 point)

Miss Jackie vs Dawn Marie - Special Guest Referee

Winner = Dawn Marie (2 points)

Method = Pin (1 point)

Spanish Announce Table

When does the table get broken? = WWE Heavyweight Championship (1 point)

A total of 32 points available

If you picked any of the answers right, you'll get points, no matter who won the match (the 2004 scoring required that you picked the winner to get any other points apart from "Who leaves with the belt")

Does that make sense?

Cheers for that, i pretty much got it all, but there's one thing, in the tag team match if you predicted Kenzo and Rene to win, and also predicted RVD & Rene to be in the finish, would you still get points even though you predicted Rene to pin RVD, even though it was the other way around (RVD pinned Rene)?

Just one thing, in the Who and Who, I only mentioned pinning

It works the same for all types of Method

Say if Rene waffled RVD with a chair, causing the DQ, that would also count for the same result in the Who and Who

It's rare, but there can be more than 2 people involved in the result - if Rene and Suzuki do a double team move on RVD, putting him through a table (causing a DQ), then all three would count towards the Who and Who result

Hope that clears things up a little more :)

It's always points first, otherwise peope who predict only one PPV and do well, but never predict again will be high up

The point is to predict all PPVs and try to be on the top over the whole year (which had a prize at the end of it for 2004, not sure if Kam is doing the same for 2005)

Of course, if you can predict 3/4 of the PPVs and still win, then it's more of a gloating point :)