tna the game

harlow

There has been an awful lot of chatter about this for months and months, but nothing concrete. After EA picked the license up, there were rumours that there was a TNA game in the works which wopuld have been handled by AKI, which would have been awesome, but that fell through. The rights currently reside with Vivendibut they've had them for months now with nothing happening, and it looks like it never will. It looks increasingly like THQ will keep the WWE license, dropping the Jakks pacific brand in the process, but if they lost those rights, they could pick up the TNA ones very cheaply. But it's a niche product, blah, blah etc. so don't hold your breath.

Theyd sell to more than just the TNA audience thats the thing. I know WWE fans who dont watch TNA despite being able to that would play a TNA game. Lets just hope TNA can get something sorted. I wanna pin AJ Styles with Jeff jarrett and hear my world blast through my speakers

Theyd sell to more than just the TNA audience thats the thing. I know WWE fans who dont watch TNA despite being able to that would play a TNA game. Lets just hope TNA can get something sorted. I wanna pin AJ Styles with Jeff jarrett and hear my world blast through my speakers

i wanna clash/pounce/ddt/black hole slam/future shock/canadian destroy/ sweet shane music/ wave of the future/last rites/play of the day/catatonic/8 second ride Jarret and make him job forever.

MUHAHAHAHAHA(catches breathMUHAHAAHAHAHA

A perfect gaming version of the Phenomenal One is needed

TNA the game would just rock my socks. hopefully it would be released multiformat so us Gamecube Owners could pick it up also. I do have a ps2 but its rather broken so GCN allt he way for me

I want to do a Super Styles Clash through a table... A Super Canadian Destroyer onto some ring steps...

A Wave Of The Future on Hardy to teach real highflying skill!

If TNA is made into a game (they can do it for old gits and Backyarders why not TNA?) then I imagine it will be THQ/Jakks/AKI that do it...

And the new owners of the WWE license? EA... Lets hope they do the No Mercy control system justice with the next No Mercy instead of killing a franchise like they did with Goldeneye...

But back on topic... GIVE ME TNA THE GAME!

THQ maintained the WWE licence, it ended up as all a storm in a tea cup that of course money solved. On topic and on TNA, EA has just invested into Ubisoft so maybe thats another company EA may utilise to pick up this license of course depending on their say. Personally I can see EA pciking TNA up to replace Def Jam if someone big invests into TNA showing it some strong backing for its long term future. Acclaims troubles with ECW set a benchmark I'm sure many would not like to repeat.

THQ still have the WWE license? Then they should go and make No Mercy number II on the GC, X-BOX and PS2! It will be the greatest wrestling game ever!

But back to TNA... I think EA won't be daft enough to buy into them in return for the license... just produce and promote like they did for the WCW games in 1999/2000...

Oh no I didn't mean EA buy into TNA, I meant I can only see EA picking up the licence if someone (Like a Ted Turner) buys into TNA or gives it financial backing to secure their long term future, as to not be burnt like Acclaim with ECW. With them buying the 20% stake in Ubisoft they could then cart their franchise to Ubisoft so if it flops it would not tarnish the EA market leader name, or that was my thinking.

THQ still have the WWE license? Then they should go and make No Mercy number II on the GC, X-BOX and PS2! It will be the greatest wrestling game ever!

But back to TNA... I think EA won't be daft enough to buy into them in return for the license... just produce and promote like they did for the WCW games in 1999/2000...

No Mercy 2 ain't gonna happen- AKI haven't worked for THQ since 2000 and are more recently known for the Def Jam games, which are EA published... so, if EA did get the rights, you'd probably get a hybrid of DJV1 and No Mercy, which would be no bad thing... but EA don't have the rights. Vivendi do, but have sat on them for ages.

• 10 months later...