Tommy Boyd "arggghhhhh"

wrestle-zone

I have it, I can't listen the shi* that Tommy Boyd comes out with any more. I am sorry, but the constant promotion of the FWA and the constant cutting the People that bother to phone his crap show up off. Its is the pits, I think the FWA are one hell of a promotion, but the two hour advertisment slot on the Tommy Boyd wrestling talk show is a joke. Its about time he had some other UK promotions owners and wrestler on his show. Ever since Alex has not been on the show, its total [EDITED]. Its Tommy's way or no way.

Its about time he actually did some research and saw that there is more Promotions than the FWA. I mean come on what about WAW and Hammerlock they are in th london region, I bet they would love a two hour time slot on radio. I am sure the Likes of Kenny Morrison and Eric Scarboro would a two hour plug on radio. What about UPW's excellent training facility, surely that should be promoted and mentioned. Sorry I have only mentioned a few promotions, but we all know the list is endless.

Rant Over

*EDITED = I did not realise that asterixed words were swearing* If you read this then the [EDITED] = Brown stuff from bottom. Sorry for not using it in the first place. How ever I will have a look through the forum and see how many actual swear words I find :P

Gary Graham

..:: http://www.Wrestle-Zone.co.uk ::..

No Swearing!

Edited by wrestle-zone

i know the show is dominated by FWA but that is becuase FWA went out and worked hard to get the links and the coverage. The FWA recognize WAW and when they Urban legends results got mentioned the other week WAW got a mention. Also Scott Conway got aired a few weeks back to plug driven to decadence.

Talksport isnt a british wrestling radio station so that means it doesnt have to mention all of the quality UK feds. Tommy Boyd has done a good job to recognize British wrestling and give a two hour show for it the only one in the UK.

Things can always be better and I am not saying the situation is perfect but things can always be worse.

Originally posted by Dagr81

Talksport isnt a british wrestling radio station so that means it doesnt have to mention all of the quality UK feds.

Since when? They are heard all over the UK, and based in the UK - that makes them British to me.

Here Here..

Talksport is listened to all over the UK infact I have friends in the US, who listen to the show. They thought there was only the FWA. Any way lets see if TalkSport take some emails seriously, and if they are going to plug UK Wrestling less of tommys bull, week after week saying "I know I only talk about Southern promotions we will get onto other promotions" Still waiting...

Gary Graham

i'm aware that talksport is a british radio station and heard all over britain but my point being that just becuase it is heard all over britain it doesnt mean they have to cover all federations. Why can't people say thumbs up to the FWA for getting themselves on national radio.

If you don't like it, turn it off.

Most of the people on the show annoy me. If it's not Alex Shane in hyper plug mode, then it's the Lilsboys who are as much fun to listen to as the sound of a dentist's drill. Shahid was the only saving grace, but I don't think I could listen to the show just to hear Shah speak for 5mins before being cut off by another Alex Shane plug.

If Tommy Boyd annoys you, just put off your radio. Once the interest in the show decreases, they'll either revamp it or scrap it all together.

Guest Tomc2488

I'm also a fan of the FWA but I think Boyd could afford to maybe plug a couple of other federations.

The thing I know that is getting on mine and other people's nervers is how he does not give some callers a chance to raise their point without him interupting them.

Just like the guy who phoned up about Scott Parker. I did not agree with what he said, or what he was trying to say, but Boyd didn't even give him a chance to explan his full point and then went into a rant about balcony dives and TV.

Guest Jazzmaster
Boyd doesn't cut callers off more than any other decent talk radio host. Boyd is a fantastic host and like he says it's mostly WWF they talk about. I don't hear anyone complaining because no-one talks about anything else happening in America. There are only two hours for the show and I'm sure it's the minority who want to hear about Hammerlock, etc, so the show should continue as it is.

I think fair dues to Boyd for putting on a radio show for wrestling. I think it is great that a big British radio company puts on a wrestling show every week. I haven't listened to Boyd's show since last summer however. I don't normally mind Boyd as a talkshow host but when it came to a wrestling talkshow he was embarrassing to listen to sometimes.

Guest Rob McKay!
I used to listen to it but I didn't like it so I don't listen to it now. Simple. I hate all you people who run your mouths about it yet continue to listen to it. Thats just dumb. I would prefere it if they spoke more about UK wrestling and we didn't get 10 year olds phoning in asking if wrestling is fake.

Guest Jack_Halewood

Boyd, Lils Boys, do they have a clue?

Boyd: Wrestling is sports entertainment. Er, no, wrong. Sports Entertainment is the style of product Vince McMahon created in the 80s and is nothing else.

Lils Boys: Hulk Hogan vs. Rock, the greatest match of all time. Er, no, sorry. The greatest cure for an insomniac, perhaps.

Even Alex can't be too bright thinking a tope con hilo would 'proove his critics wrong'. For God's sake, man, it's how the moves are used, not what they are!

Guest Jack_Halewood
It was the most boring match ever and exactly why I didn't watch WWF for six months until it and never will again.

Guest Jazzmaster
So because boyd and the lils boys have opinions different to yours you think they are clueless and embarrasing, right makes sense.

Guest Jack_Halewood
no, Boyd is clueless for thinking blood, drawn infront of a live crowd, is fake. For thinking wrestling is only sports entertainment and every other clueless thing he says. The lils boys are amazingly stupid from thinking RVD is a great wrestler to a whole host of things...

Guest Jazzmaster
Boyd may be wrong about the blood but he makes valid points towards his argument. It wouldn't have even been an issue if hundreds of people (myself included) hadn't started going nuts about it. Boyd just picked up on the fact that he got a reaction and exagarated the issue. And RVD is great...

Guest Jack_Halewood
Really? What's so great about RVD? No psychology, no build, predictable spots which are meaningless. Hell, he once wrestled Jerry Lynn (wit taped ribs) and didn't work them. Plus he's incredibly contrived and has never had a great match. His matches wit Lynn were incredibly contrived and disbeleivingly business-exposing, as are most of Van Dam's moves. His matches with Jericho had some of the dodgiest psych ever, Van Dam didn't even sell the arms properly. I'm not even going to get started on his matches with Hardy.