Am i jumping to conclusions ?

Guest Michael

Guest Michael

"The UK scene is not a big business and every little fly by night promoter who use's back yarders instead of pro's"

um thats a quote from the main page by alex shane.

am i reading too mutch into it ?

for the amount of times ive said this on this forum , ill be getting a tee shirt with it on. "my feelings are hurt"

He has a valid point though..

The UK Scene is not big, and if promoters want to cut costs and use non-professionally trained wrestlers, those people that see that show are seeing what is effectvely UK wrestling. If these so called promoters want to use backyarders then at least have some training facility and turn them around from backyard to Pro. Its a case of Pay Your Dues. I know of a few UK promotions that have "EX-Back Yarders" on their roster. These guys are fantastic wrestlers now, only because they have learnt the basic ring skills correctly.

Gary Graham

I'm not going to get into this whole backyard bit, as it just seems to make me an easy flaming target when I do. I did offer training to KK and Musso and was told to forget it...to put it mildly. How dare you change us, blah blah blah and KK's representative started going on about "it's not backyard, it's underground" So, for anyone to say I didn't give them a chance is complete and utter bs...all they needed to do was go pro, drop backyard and train. Allegedly, that's what they are doing anyway.

I know I don't use backyarders, the young Scots lads who did appear on my show have all trained with genuine promotions and Drew Galloway is at the FWA Camp this weekend. I did have Rob, Scully and Chris Cullen booked on a pre-show match, but we all know what happened with that and I've still to meet Mr Cullen.

Guest Michael

sorry im feeling like shxt today because of some illness so i realy shouldnt be stressing but hell.

Because i used to backyard , does that mean i can never become a respected proffesional. ? .

but with backyard out of the equasion , non factor i resent the comment of "paying dues" providing that the comment was implying that i didnt and arent still paying mine.

I have never made a profit out of this business , i pay huge amounts of money to travel about with midlands , all star and most resently 500 miles to BXW , always making a loss. But thats ok cause i love wrestling.

When i get to the venue i do the standard thing for wrestlers breaking into the business , i set up the ring , cage and any other job asked of me , then i spend hours in the ring training befor the doors open.

Which brings me to my other point , morrison assumes that i have not been trained because i wasnt interested in his "training" , why would i go out of my way to go to some training organised by some person just breaking in himself. Just becouse i dont train and "pay dues" in morrisons promotion doesnt mean i shouldnt be wrestling. I suppose because ive not trained at an FWA camp that makes me unprofessional too. Plus i heard bad things about that training thing any way from a friend who was there.

sorry if im not making sence , ill maybe come back when im feeling better and try and explain myself properly,

hope somebody can see where im coming from here ,

Mike.

I see where you are coming from totally, show me a UK wrestler that does profit from wrestling??? you will find not many do.

You seem to be missing the point totally, British wrestling is on the UP, more people are interested. Kids like to mess about and pretend to be wrestlers, thats OK, no difference to when I was a kid playing starsky and hutch. But then you see these shitty websites saying "We Are Underground, We are against wrestling.. blahhh blahhh blahhh..." The pictures you see of these so Called wrestlers are kids.. 14, 15, 16 year olds, who think they are mick foley. Saying is cool to back yard and throw your self off a 10 foot ladder onto some kid lying on the floor.. :(

The only problem is that once of these kids get killed, the parents will blame WRESTLING !!! Once again wrestling will be tarred with the brush of some kids that think they are better than the promotions and recon they don't need training. Any muppet can watch "The secrets of Pro-Wrestling" and think they know it all. Only one problem, I have seen a few backyarders on video, some in a ring, you look at the ring stlye, how they are whiped into the ropes. Spot the obvious mistakes !!! I did straight away. Its the simple ring skills that need to be developed, that can only be done by Trained professionals. Then once those have been mastered, then thats where these kids can come into thier own. But only in a controlled enviroment.

I am dreading the day I turn on the news and some UK kid has been killed. And UK wrestling once again has to fight its way up again.

If I had not seen these backyards "Undergroud" for myself I would never have believed my eyes.

Gary Graham

Guest Michael

thats why i get so frustrated. I agree with all those opinions on backyard. Yes i have said that its ok to play wrestle with your mates to an extent , every one does it. 90% of pros used to have their own "Backyard fed". Mick Foley layed out the acceptable rules of "backyarding" in his 2nd auto biog.

The prob is i have seen people do crazy shxt , and thats what it is CRAZY. It should be stopped. I hate it when i read that some kid trough himself of his roof , suffered injurys , and blamed the WWF.

I wish people would stop pre judging everyone on the internet , wheter it be my own personal situation or the other arguments i see. I mean really , how are we supposed to build the uk scene when we cant even get along. If people would stop taking the internet so seriously , the uk scene would be mutch more successfull.

um , i hope im making sence

Mike

Michael

"Plus i heard bad things about that training thing any way from a friend who was there."

Now, before I go any further...are you talking about the FWA training or the SCW training?

I will say this though, it doesn't matter how long I'd been in the business for as it wasn't me who ran the training and it wasn't even me who arranged the training...get your facts straight before you start moaning and making claims. The training was arranged by Conscience and his friend Vadim, to whom everyone was very grateful. Of course, if you were talking about SCW training when saying you've heard bad things about it then it's not even me who you should be worried about.

The other point I'll make, is that if you're claiming to have had friends at the SCW training then it can only be Rob McKay or Scully. Rob spent one session throwing up and being gored or Rolling Thundered by Scully and the other session he actually seemed to enjoy.

Perhaps you're just saying things for the hell of it, in an attempt to deflect from yourself. I've never ordered you to come to SCW, never even said it means you shouldn't be in a ring if you don't...my opinion of you is formed via stories about you from others, including Rob McKay, in which I was informed of your erm level of ability etc etc.