Talk Wrestling Online/Wrestling 101 WWE Awards 2004

Chris2K

This is your chance to vote for who you think are the best and worst in the categories named. You have until 31st December to vote, so get going!

A few points about the awards:

- No TNA

Before anyone complains, which I expect to happen, there are no NWA-TNA (or any other indy feds) because Kam and I decided there wouldn't be. We couldn't find enough nominees for every award, and thought it would be hypocritical to include TNA in all the 'Best' awards they were included in, and not in any of the 'Worst' awards.

- Disagree with a nomination?

These nominations are not just chucked out at random, they have been decided upon by the TWO/W101 workers. If you disagree with one, leave your opinion in the 'notes' section at the end of the voting form.

Tell anyone you know to vote as well, so we'll have a big range of votes, which will make the competition much more exciting :).

I don't see why it's called the TWO Wrestling Awards 2004. It's the WWE awards, call it that. I'm pretty disapointed with the lack of recognition for wrestling outside WWE though. Whether it was watched by 10 people or 10 million people, a good wrestling match is a good wrestling match. Most people at TWO have access to The Wrestling Channel, and I'd expect a lot of people to tune in to see matches from all over the world. The fact that I can't give love to some of my favourite guys in wrestling like AMW or Kobashi annoys me. Wrestling101, where the poll is hosted, devotes a lot of time and effort to promotions outside of WWE. Why should the annual awards be any different?

I'm sorry for sounding a bit high and mighty, because I appreciate that people have worked hard to get these awards up and running, and no doubt they'll be considered a success by everyone. But if KJ and AlanJP were to make a year end poll with a title like The Football Awards 2004 and refuse to acknowledge any players, teams or managers outside of the English Premiership, quite a few people wouldn't be happy. If Walshy was to say "Sorry, but you can only vote for Comedy films in the movie awards", it'd be a waste of time. If this was named the Wrestling101 WWE awards, great, no probs. Calling it the Wrestling awards but only including one aspect of the industry just seems plain odd to me.

Have to agree with everything that Russ has said.

I guess it has been done for reasons but i just don't get it. Although i would of probably voted all WWE anyhow.

May i also urge people to vote for TODD GRISHAM as annoncer of the year.

I must say Im rather saddened a little at the lack of TNA inclusion. It means my fav teams and wrestlers get no recognition at all in these awards. I think certianly TNA would have stood a good chance in many of the award categories like Best Tag Team, best match, Best Wrestler, Best PPV etc etc.

As I've never watched any TNA, I only included a few TNA peeps in my initial suggestions, hoping the workers would help me out with the rest. However, despite the 86 views the thread had, only DraVen and Cripp actually helped out by suggesting things to add.

I'm not trying to shift the blame from myself, HOWEVER, if I had received a bit more help, we wouldn't have this problem.

• 2 weeks later...

With just a week left in the polls may i just remind everybody to vote for Todd Grisham for annoncer of the year. In my opnion Todd the the host of wwe's bottom line and Heat annoncer has been a breath of fresh air and i think he deserves it.

VOTE TODD

I just checked it out and voted, but I can't believe that Kidman/London weren't in the running for the tag team award. At least they were a team, which is more than can be said for most of the others, Dudleys excepted.