FM2005, how was it for you

Walshy

So anyway after I 'bought' it I played as Tranmere, managed to raise some cash by selling a few of the useless players (conned R. Sociadad into paying 7 million for Hume!) Anyway, my first season I was mainly building my Tranmere team, it was long and hard, and pretty pointless, we ended up finishing 9th, Dadi was my leading scorer with 30 goals.

My season season I invested in a few young players, Trieny & Morins (sp) from Man Utd & Chelsea and a young kid from America, think his name is FREDDY ADU!!! I also managed to get Diop, Healy, Macindoe (sp), Joe Murphy, Bassinder, Delainy and Ndah in. The team played well, with my 4 2 2 2 formation (2 DMC's incase you wondered) we managed to go the whole season only losing 6 games, we scored 114 goals and ended up with a goal different of 86! Ndah was leading scorer in the League, but Howarth (out 1st season) ended up only 1 behind! We went up as champions, Plymouth second after beating Sheff Utd on the last day to over take them! Oh and Dadi my leaading scorer from last season ended up with 1 goal from 10 starts! He was let go at the end of the season.

So we are now preparing for our first season in the Championship, I have already got Andy Cole in, aswell as some very talented young players from Milan & Real Madrid on a free, the young players all have contracts of around £600 per week.

So I was just wondering, how has everyone else's FM2005 careers gone? Who bought silver to the throphy room and who crashed and burned and is now managing Vauxhall Motors FC?

I've not played it too much lately, and I've barely had a chance to try out the new patch. It's a very good game and CM5 will need to be very good to outdo FM05, but that won't be out for another few weeks yet, according to Gameplay.com.

I found the game pretty easy before the first patch, due to an unrealistic amount of shots that take place. Since I've downloaded the patch, I'm happy to say that I'm now drawing games 0-0 that I would have lost 5-0 in the past, and a lot of my very unrealistic wins have yet to be repeated (My Blackburn, with pretty much the same side as they play now, beating Newcastle 6-0 at St James Park springs to mind).

If you've not bought the game yet, do so now. Play.com were still selling it for less than £20 last time I checked.

I was doing really well as Leicester. I was 6 points clear at the top of the Chmapionship when suddenly i got 10 injuries in the space of 3 weeks and as it was after the transfer deadline i had to bring in a load of reserves and I slipped down to 7th after a terrible run :(

Archived