31 members have voted

1. 1. Best Single moment of 2004

• Benoits reversal of pedigree at WMXX ending
    • Eddie's 3 count at no way out over lesner
    • Foley slamming orton into the "Tacks" at Backlash
    • Undertakers entrance at WMXX
    • HHH's thumbs down moment to orton after summerslam
    • Other

If we're talking WWE then probably my biggest mark out moment of 2004 was Orton winning the World Title. Don't know why it caught me so much but it did. I'm not even a huge fan of his, but the match with Benoit sucked me in even though I had a fair idea Orton was going over and him winning it really grabbed me.

In all of wrestling I'd go for AMW Vs Triple X six sides of steel from Turning Point. And people (ie Vince) say tag team wrestling is edad and unimportant? Wow, I'm sure soon enough people will start saying this match is over rated but if they do, they're wrong. It was really something special. Any match that has the crowd chanting at the end "Best Match Ever" has to be something a bit useful and this really was a reminder of what TNA when it puts its mind to it can produce. If we saw more of this, and less of Randy Savage, Midgets pulling guns on people, wrestling penises, and Goldylocks, the product would be a lot better for it.

Has to be Eddie winning the WWE title at No Way Out for me. Other than that I'd go for Orton's at Summerslam. I'm saying Eddie purely for the fact that I absolutely had no idea that it was coming, where as Orton's was much more predictable- still to early IMO

Benoit's reversal. :)

It was a well done piece. HBK going for the Sweet Chin Music and Benoit ends up backdropping him, Benoit then talks trash down at HBK and makes a belt motion at him while Triple H stands behind Benoit. So I'm thinking "oh crap". Benoit turns around. Boot to the stomach. Set's up for the Pedigree then bam! Crossface.

I loved it. :)

Its a quite a choice to have this year....

I loved it when Benoit won, I really trully did, when he reversed the Pedigree and then trapped HHH in the Crossface, I was on the edge of my seat... HHH started to roll out of it but Benoit held on and that was it, I knew if Benoit didn't get it now he never would....

Then HHH tapped! Cue somersaults!

Also Benoit finally making HBK tap to the Sharpshooter, in Canada and to keep hold of the title, another mark out moment!

Another happen just last week in Japan as Mike Awesome and Kobashi collided and their was moonsaults, Awesome Bombs through tables, Super Awesome Bombs the lot... great mark out match, a dream for me...

But I really really marked out for Eddie. He fought through hell in his own personal life to get there, he fought and fought and deserved after his career to be remembered as a man who had held the top gold in the biggest promotion of all....

DDT on the belt... Up he go's... Frog Splash... 1,2,3... It's 4 in the morning and I can't stop screaming at the top of my lungs....

Thats my vote...

6 Sides of Steel

Americas Most Wanted vs Triple X

Match of the year by a country mile and best TNA match ever AT least. For me its on a par with Hogan vs Rock at Mania as best match ever. Simply sensation. Im a massive mark for AMW anyway, especially Chris Harris but they and Triple X just seem to click. The Twoer of death was breathtaking, i jumped up out of my seat shouting Owwwwww at that, and when Elix Skipper walked the top of the cage and hurracanraned Chris Harris off the top i marked out like a bitch, its probably the most inovative, amazing, breath-taking thing ever in wrestling and Elix will be in history for that no doubt. It reminds me of how great wrestling can be, and in particular how great TNA can be when theyre not ramming old men down our throats who never were that great. 4 Homegrown talents in what i see as pure brilliance. Great that they gave it the last match slot and what not and without doubt the best match in the 2 and a half year history of TNA. even topping the King of the Mountain and Harris vs Jarrett.

WWE wise-nothing i can think off was worthwhile this year. HHH vs HBK HIAC was about the best or the fans chanting Na Na Na Na at Brock

Benoits win at wrestlemania was my favourite moment. Being there live, chanting "Tap tap tap" at HHH, willing on the Crippler to win was just something else all together. The match was a great one, and after the finish, the sheer emotion shown by Benoit and Eddie as well just made it so much more real. It was a fitting end to a huge PPV, and to be there watching it in MSG made it so much more special and memorable.

Oh yeah, and Takers return at the same event was a great moment for Undertaker fans, and anyone who was in the building or watching the show. It was amazing, the crowd reaction nearly blew the roof off, and deservedly so. Obviously the only letdown was the half-assed attempt at his ring attire, still looking like a biker.

Moment of 2004 for me (or moments really) was the launch and continuation of the Stevie Night Heat angle on Heat earlier this year. It got about a month, month and a half before Steph killed it (when it was the most over thing on the show) and it was just pure gold. Would have been a real chance to get Stevie over if they wished to, obviously they didn't but no worries as the memories still remain as it was a classic.

As good as Foley slamming Orton onto those tacks at Backlash was. (I marked out for that) I voted for the HHH thumbs down to Orton.

Simply because Orton winning the belt at Summerslam meant so much alone. And then the unexpected next night... the changing of times. A new feud would occur and one of my favourite members of Evolution was now no longer in the group.

moment of the year for me was goldberg entering the ring at No Way Out and had his scuffle with Brock..

I thought that was great,...pity their match sucked bigtime

Also Austin stunning Lesnar and Goldberg after their match at Wrestlemania ,

Other than that I enjoyed Benoit beating La Resistance on his own at Taboo Tuesday..

Another great moment for me, Billy Kidman Shooting Star Press on Paul London while he was strapped to the stretcher. Brillaintly heel.

Also you simply cannot beat Team Mexico (Hector Garza, Juvi Guerrera, Mr Aguila and Abyssmo Negro) vs Team NWA (Jerry Lynn, Elix Skipper, Chris Sabin and Sonjay Dutt) for pure brilliance match bar the 6 sides of Steel and KotM matches, this was the best non gimmick match in TNA ever