Brock thinking of a return?

Evil Gringo

In today's Minneapolis Tribune, Sid Hartman wrote the following:

"Friends of former Gophers and pro wrestler Brock Lesnar say he is ready to make a comeback."

While it wasn't specified what he'd be coming back to, since his whole career was amateur and than pro wrestling, and that's all that he left to be able to "come back to", pro wrestling would make the most sense. With the big Royal Rumble and WrestleMania shows upcoming from WWE, now is perfect timing.

More on this as it develops.

Credit to Backstage Wrestling

So Brock is thinking of a return? To the amateur ranks? WWE? TNA as his non-compete clause is up soon?

Or is this just ideal specualtion?

Hopefully I hope Brock returns to Smackdown and gives it a much needed shot in the arm because it needs more star power that people see as a credible top liner...

It needs a Brock Lesnar!

I have to agree with that Gringo!

Right now SmackDown is in desperate need of a boost, or injection of talent. I would like to see the Rock comeback to break up the monotiny that the Show has become. Barring the Rocks return, I think it would be awesome to have Brock Lesner to Smackdown! He could knock Kurt Angle back in line and shake up the locker room. Besides you all can't tell me that you wouldn't love to see a Brock Lesner JBL fued right? I know I would. It would be a lot more refreshing then JBL and The Undertaker I can practicly gaurentee that! Sorry Deadman fans, but the act is stale, 'Taker needs to retire. let him comeback 9 to 12 months after his "retirement"! That would get a lot of fans watching again.

SmackDown! deffinatly needs something, it is way to stale at the moment.

Wasn't he let out of his contract legaly? He didn't screw everyone. The only person would have screwed is himself for not trying to live his dream while he is still young. What is so wrong with that?

Sheesh! Wrestling fans can be so vindictive. Brock is a kid. He was just exploring his options. I personaly see nothing wrong with that, and as a fan, I would welcome him with open arms.

Are you honestly trying to say that SmackDown! is better without him?

If Brock wants to come back, he is more than welcome. The way that the product is right now, they need someone like Lesnar, especially IMO on Smackdown

Brock has a physical presence that no young talent seems To have. WWE seem to be looking to the future with Orton and Cena, but these two arent gonna have the impact of a Stone Cold or a Rock. For the average fan, Lesnar will be welcomed with open arms, hardcore WWE fans, such as myself :xyx , may give him a hard time if and when he returns but the bottom line is that is that it will give ratings a boost IMO.

Dante, its not about "faith within the company," WWE are out to make money, as they have always done and the return of Lesnar will inevitably make them money because its something that most fans want to see due to the state of the current product. So you wouldnt watch if Lesnar returned?

Edited by Telf

I don't watch Smackdown anyway. I don't have the financial means to have cable so I don't watch wrestling at all, but thanks. I'm not saying he wouldn't help the company out or anything like that. I just I'm just saying if he comes back I don't think he deserves a huge push right off the bat again.

Personally I don't see what's so good about Lesnar. When he came into WWE it was still in a bad state. It all went downhil after 99 if you ask me. How are we gonna get huge stars like Austin, The Rock, and Foley back in the WWE? I don't see no chance unless they actually come back themselves.

At the moment, WWE seriously is in a bad state. There's no interesting charcters like there used to be and a lot of the wrestlers are just like plain ordinary guys (Orton is an example). What ever happened to the different, interesting characters? I dunno whats gonna happen to WWE, but it's not looking good.

The roster split is awful IMO and just doesn't feel right having two seperate so called "brands" when we all know it is just one company where they try and make it look as if they are different federations or something. Look how bad Smackdown is, a lot of ordinary wrestlers with one huge star, Undertaker. It just doesn't look right. As for Raw, it's so boring you have to turn it off an hour into it.

I've also noticed the way they're making the shows more and more like a soap. Before when there was stuff going on backstage JR and the King would still comment on what's going on, but now their voices arn't present at all and it just seems like a load of actors backstage saying their lines.

I even think they should somehow get the original name back. I mean come on guys, WWE? What ever happened to the one and only World Wrestling Federation. It's just awful now. There's no big stars, no interesting characters. Everything that made it great has gone. What ever happened to when there was one major storyline and it would carry on through out the show. An example of this is when Undertaker abducted Stehpanie Mcmahon. The story would go on througout the show keeping you glued to the TV, waiting for the next update on what was going on in the situation. There's none of that now, it's all gone... What ever happened to things like "The Master Plan" with Vince. Just truly great storylines. But it's just not there no more.

So someone please tell me, what are they going to do to make WWE (arghh I hate saying WWE, it just does not sound right in any way) good again?

Edited by rawiswar

I would like to see Lesnar back but on the Raw Side.

Think of the fresh matches he could have with HHH, HBK, Kane, Benoit, Jericho, Orton, Edge, Batista etc

On SD the only top guys he hasnt fought are JBL and Heidenreich.

Yes that's all good and well but what about Smackdown!?

Unless someone like Orton or Triple H moves to Smackdown Brock enterting the RAW roster would be a bad company move.

They should do what I have always said, put the shows back together :P Think of all the fresh matches then ;)

Brock would be helpful as he is a very recognizable name in WWE. But neither he, nor any other former names, can lift up the show by themselves. It requires drawing in the fans that have slipped away and/or new ones. That means making a lot of changes in writing, character development, etc...

And as stated earlier Brock didn't screw the company. He even did a job at the door. I did not like the way he talked down about the business when he left though.

They should do what I have always said' date=' put the shows back together :P Think of all the fresh matches then ;)[/quote']

I completely agree, even though a lot of superstars will lose their t.v times, it will make better matches. But about brock lesnar, he would need to go to smackdown, i think raw is good as it is and doesn't need a lot of changes, also I think this new arab-american will be the new brock lesnar and will get a massive push so they don't need lesnar, smnackdown is just boring now because all they have done is move people to the top who aren't ready like guerrero and jbl.

Also shelton what you said about Brock joining evolution, I can't see that because number one HHH and Brock are both meant to be leaders and neither will settle to be pushed around, number 2 I can't see brock have a group or be part of a group unless he makes it himself and they arte all monsters which levaes Flair out, and number 3 i am sure the wwe will still want to have a HHH vs. Brock someday and they would want brock and hhh hating each other for when it happens because it will be more explosive.

Brock's return to WWE would make my mum's night, heh heh - she was a real Mark for that guy. :P

But yeah, way I hear it the WWE could use Brock as a kick in the pants about now...Smackdown is the ONLY choice, as Raw is top heavy with their stars as it is, and not really making much of it.

SD has to be given a right royal shot in the arm, and an F5 as additional wake-up procedure...XD

If Brock does come back to the WWE his next target should be Raw.

Although Brock would probably be the only thing to bring SmackDown out of the crapper right now' date=' i wouldn't wanna see him back in WWE, afterall he DID sell out[/quote']

Yes Brock did sell out.So what.If he comes back Raw is where he would need to be.Batista vs.Brock? HHH vs. Brock? Snitsky vs.Brock? So many possibilities. I would love to see him come back to F-5 some poor slug straight to hell. :thumbsup

Brock didnt really sell out. I mean, The Rock left a career in American Football to become a wrestler, but no-one really thinks he sold out to football. Brock was following a dream, and I dont think anyone backstage could really blame him for that (but then again Ive never been backstage so how would I know).

It would be only positive if Brock came back, personally I'd like to see him on RAW, but only if someone was traded to Smackdown! like Orton or Batista or even HBK. That way both brands get a shot in the arm. :xyx