Cruiserweights Vs Divas

Russ

I had typed up a big thread, but thanks to the Chitty Chitty Bang Bang style forums, I got a Page Not Found error. I'm too lazy to post it all again, but here's the gist-

WWE dedicated so much of Raw to Trish Vs Lita, from giving it the main event slot to showing little clips of their previous run ins. Now, the fact that WWE allowed so much time to be given to this match reminded me that WCW used to give a lot of their time to cruiserweights, despite the fact that that they were never be given a chance to be on top of the promotion week in, week out.

So what would you prefer to see WWE dedicate their efforts towards creating a decent division for? Cruiserweights or Divas? Rey or Trish? Small people or big boobs? Flips or nips?

cruiserweights all the way. the WWE need to either drop the women's title or raid Japan and UK in particular for good women wrestlers who are ready to go. Instead of bringing in the newbies or worse women that are only intended to be there for t&a where as they have a criuserweight division basically ready to go

Unless the WWE take advantage of the Joshi scene falling apart then all WWE womens wrestling is gonna be filler...

I was glad in a way they gave them so much time and allowed them to work a match rather then rush them like they always have because without ring time and time in front of the TV how is the Womens divison gonna become meaningful?

But the same can be said for Cruisers...

But there is a ray of hope! Crusiers are on Smackdown, do the same for them!

Do it again for the women on Raw sometime early next year!

Get Ayako Hamada and Meiko Satomura and use them, they'll work in the womens divison well as they are nice to look at (Satomura has got pretty now she's grown her hair) and can actually bloody wrestle....

As for the cruisers? They've got Chavo, Kidman, Rey, London, Hurricane, Shannon Moore and at a push Spike Dudley who I hate as champ... But with that they should be able to put on sme good stuff!

they also have my man Tajiri-san (hey that rhymed) and Hurricane/Shane/Gregory helms both of which are stuck in tag teams and i believe also on the wrong show... also Ultimo i believe is still under contract, and Smackdown's numbah one annnounsa! (i am using that with all respect i love the promos) Funaki unless he's been cut on the quiet

Exactly... when was the last time a cruiser match was given time? Chavo v Rey on a B-Level ppv where the finish was cheap and ruined a good match!

Before that?

Smackdown in San Diego because Rey in Main event equals sell out...

At least he and Matt Hardy put on a good match, a really bloody good match!

And like you said Tajiri-san, swap the cruisers back over from Raw and let them go at it. And then when Dragon comes back maskless have him be heel against Rey. Their matches in WCW 1996-97 where nothing short of awesome!

i heard a nice story about a cruiser weight match in WCW i bring it up because i think it may have been dragon involved in it. What happened was that the heel was at the barricade goading the crowd and a little kid smacked him with all his strengh (i.e. not hard at all) and the heel sold like he was shot! and from the way it was told it seems the heel saw it coming and didn't mess up thinking his partner/opponent was hitting him

Ditch the women - really dont wanna see it, especially for those who cant wrestle - those I may exclude are Trish, Lita, Molly and Victoria. Stacy takes the biscuit for me. Not sure I wanna see Dawn Marie and Miss Jackie at Armageddon either

Cruiserweights IMO, are still underutilised by WWE, if I wanna watch highflying action in pro wrestling, I'll watch TNA's X Division inc AJ Styles, probably the biggest advantage they have over WWE at this point. Back to Armageddon, i doubt I'll get what I want from Spike vs Funaki.

As a wrestling fan, i much prefer seeing the cruiserweights in action with their high-flying moves and fast-paced matches. The Divas are really just there for their looks, no matter what anyone says, ok some can wrestle, but no-where near as good as the CWs. The WWE should put more effort into making the cruiserweight division a respectable one in the company, and their matches would be some of the best on any card Vince puts out. The "Big-Man" theory of Vinces needs to be looked over and thrown out of the window, as should the theory that people care that Trish hates Lita and vice versa. Give us some wrestling please? Its what a wrestling show is for right?

they also have my man Tajiri-san (hey that rhymed) and Hurricane/Shane/Gregory helms both of which are stuck in tag teams and i believe also on the wrong show... also Ultimo i believe is still under contract' date=' and Smackdown's numbah one annnounsa! (i am using that with all respect i love the promos) Funaki unless he's been cut on the quiet[/quote']

Dang i thought Funaki Sho had been cut and here he is now smackdowns numba one contenda as well as announsa!