Why don't people like ROH?

The Assignment

Do you like ROH  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like ROH

• YES
    • NO
    • Dont' Know

It seems to me that ROH doesn't get as much of a mention in posts across these forums as other Feds and also when it does there seems to be a lot of

"personally i don't like ROH" type comments.

Now i have my own opinion but i am not going to reveal my hand just yet as i am curious as to what everyone has against ROH. Or am i misled?

In fact i'm going to throw a poll on this thread just to get an idea of which way people think.

assuming anyone actually replies to this!

I find it dull. The matches are mostly technically very sound but I find it hard to watch promotions when the production is poor (and I don't mean cheap, I mean poor. ECW worked on a shoestring for much of its time but its production in terms of what it had to spend was good). I suppose for me I look at ROH like this. There is nowhere near the showbiz and "sports entertainment" of somewhere like WWE or TNA. But then in a pure form there is nowhere near the quality of wrestling that I can see by whacking in some Japanese promotions. It's just nowhere in the middle and doesn't appeal to me at all. Each to their own, if you like the style they provide then good for you but I don't. I don't look at it and think "my God that's a crap promotion, look how rubbish all that is". I look at it and think "fairplay to them, but it's not for me". It plays to a niche market which I am not a part of. It doesn't entertain me half as much as other promotions so while I do sometimes watch it, I rarely enjoy it.

To me when I think RoH, I think small, skinny little boys jumping around in a ring and some fat useless Samoan. I have watched a fair bit of RoH now since TWC came along, and I have to say along with FWA and GAEA when it was still around its one of the few shows I just can't put myself through for very long.

I really dislike RoH, I too find it dull. I dunno why, but to me it just doesnt feel like I'm watching wrestling half the time.

fat useless Samoan

That's a bit harsh. Samoa Joe is far from useless.

Aswas said before, when it's Daniels, C.M. Punk, Raven, Mick Foley appearing, American Dragon, and Doug Williams it's great.

The thing that put me off a little was the Rob Fienstien connection, it left a bad feeling about the promotion. It has recovered now, but it's taken time.

When it comes to production over technically sound matches, I'm personaly more then likley (9 x out of 10) going to go for the technicly sound matches, but hey, that's my choice.

In my opinion, given the current state of the WWE especially, I would rather watch a RoH match with Samoa Joe then a HHH punck, kick fest. Sure RoH has its share of punch and kick, but it's not done in the phoney Hollywood style. Those shots look nasty. I don't find RoH boring at all, not what I have seen anyway.

In a perfect world, given the choice, I would watch ECW and say screw everthing else. But I don't have ECW , so I watch everything that I have access to. this includes RoH, TNA, CZW(which is another topic entirley) and anything else that crosses my plate.

I love the WWE and the things that it has done over the years, but they need to open their eyes to what a "wrestling" fan, and not a sports entertainment fan wants. That is action! More action and less soap opera storylines. they need to look at promotions like RoH and incorporate some of their better apects into their production, I bet it increses ratitings as it would add a buzz that the WWE neds right now.

I love the WWE and the things that it has done over the years, but they need to open their eyes to what a "wrestling" fan, and not a sports entertainment fan wants.
Do they though? Really? I mean, they do if they want you back as a fan but do they want to risk losing their existing fanbase, to attract a much smaller one?

You bring up a good point Jayden. At this point I personaly don't understand the choises made or the reasons for them. I just think a little more "Wrestling" opposed to brawling would attract more fans. Doncha think?

I just don't get the WWE's wrestling style and restriction of moves. Wrestlers are gonna get hurt no matter what! The WWE should be called WPE: World Pretend Entertainment, because what they do inthat ring for the most part isn't the wrestling I grew up loving.

I couldnt agree more with what you had to say Maxx.

When it comes to production over technically sound matches, I'm personaly more then likley (9 x out of 10) going to go for the technicly sound matches, but hey, that's my choice.

In my opinion, given the current state of the WWE especially, I would rather watch a RoH match with Samoa Joe then a HHH punck, kick fest. Sure RoH has its share of punch and kick, but it's not done in the phoney Hollywood style. Those shots look nasty. I don't find RoH boring at all, not what I have seen anyway.

In a perfect world, given the choice, I would watch ECW and say screw everthing else. But I don't have ECW , so I watch everything that I have access to. this includes RoH, TNA, CZW(which is another topic entirley) and anything else that crosses my plate.

I love the WWE and the things that it has done over the years, but they need to open their eyes to what a "wrestling" fan, and not a sports entertainment fan wants. That is action! More action and less soap opera storylines. they need to look at promotions like RoH and incorporate some of their better apects into their production, I bet it increses ratitings as it would add a buzz that the WWE neds right now.

More action and less soap opera BS.Hopefully the WWE will wake up and realize that.But we know not to hold our breaths on that one. :help

I've never seen ROH yet. Is it on any cable or sattalite channels?

That would be a brilliant idea Jayden!

Instead of having two mirror like shows everyweek, they can use one as more of the "Entertainment" angel (RAW), and SmackDown! can be a more traditional grapple wrestling show. With emphasis on TNA/RoH style wrestling. Maybe inven incorporate some real tag-team wrestling, if anyone remembers that anymore.

Its mostly local TV around Philly and Boston that carries it at the mo...

If you do as Maxx says you'll get quite a few... Plus if you go to http://www.rohwrestling.com they will give you info on getting the videos... Although after the RF Video scandal I think if you want to pick up the early shows you'll wanna get them off the net....

Personally, I love ROH! I have been watching it for over a year now and have around 30 of the shows on tape and DVD! I will be the first to admit though that it can take a while to get into and it is an acquired taste.

For me it provides a good mix of everything i'm after from pro wrestling: storylines and feuds, spotfests, pure wrestling, epic battles and innovative action.

I think it has an awesome roster, even now after TNA withdrew their talent (christopher daniels, aj styles, abyss, frankie kazarian, chris sabin, etc) with guys like CM Punk, Ace Steel, Colt Cabana, Homicide, Low Ki, The Briscoes, BJ Whitmer, American Dragon, Austin Aries, Samoa Joe, Doug Williams & Alex Shelley. Back in the early days you also had AJ Styles, Daniels, Paul London & Spanky.

For me, it is the best promotion in the world right now and has been since Death Before Dishonor in 2003. But, like i said it is definately an acquired taste!

Its not bad. I hate the cruiser stuff though thats shocking but then I like the main event talent. Low Ki, AJ etc and Homicide. Id watch the show just to see Homicide really. The one main thing I almost feel guilty about is giving Feinstein (sp but I dont care hes a nonce) money. If people didnt watch TWC and RoH he wouldnt get any money from TWC.