shelton benjamin

shelton

what are your thoughtson shelton benjamin?

i think hes cool he can wrestle needs some work on mic skills but that will come hes taken triple h three times and hes a tag champ and a current ic champ i think he'll be around for awhile

waht about you?

Shelton Benjamin is indeed one hell of an athelete.

what are your thoughtson shelton benjamin?

i think hes cool he can wrestle needs some work on mic skills but that will come hes taken triple h three times and hes a tag champ and a current ic champ i think he'll be around for awhile

waht about you?

Hes got great ring skills,good body,and the perfect size for today's wrestling expectations. Still a little green on his mic skills but that'll come in time.I see S.B. being an impact player in the future. Since hes had the best track record against HHH this year I can see a World Title shot for Shelton sometime in early 2005. :thumbsup

I really like him. Definitely has the potential to be a big star given time. :thumbsup

I would like to see him develop a better finishing move, though. Picky fan that I am :P , I just don't think the T-Bone is a very spectacular move.

got to agree with ya davros, first time i saw him use the T-bone and get a 3 count i literally said out loud "is that it." other than that ive enjoyed watching him. I was a complete mark for the world's greatest tag team.

if only poor charlie could get the same push on smackdown.

I really dont get the fuss about Benjamin and dont want want to see the ic title around his waist for much longer.

Undoubtably he is a great amateur wrestler, and an accomplished athlete, but in terms of the wwe he has no character, no charisma, and is totally bland.

He is so, so dull and has a crap finisher.

so what you want is the same old wrestlers over and over again winning the titles? new people have to come along some day

Not at all, you are right new people do have to come along otherwise things get stale.

I just dont understand the hype surrounding 'Mr Benjamin'. Of the worlds greatest tag team i think charlie haas has developed more of a character than benjamin, tagging with rico and miss jackie etc.

Shelton has zero personality, there is nothing about him that stands out.

Yes he can wrestle, but so can many others, he is in good shape, but he is not extraordinary, he is average at best on the mic and there are many better.

Good amateur wrestling background doesnt guarantee pro wrestling success, its only a basis to build on.

And he hasnt built on it.

:thumbsup

look i agree with 100 percent his entertainment sucks but i just think hes cool in the ring unlike guys like maven who have been round for a long time now he doesnt seem like you know nervous and doesnt make as many mistakes as some of those guys.

on charlie haas teaming with rico is shit cos rico is a dingbat miss jackie that alright but when is charlie gonna finally get a chance like shelton has had since going to raw cos i like charlie haas and i think he should get a chance or at least a cruiserweight title reign

look i agree with 100 percent his entertainment sucks

and that is my point. the e in wwe stands for entertainment doesnt it?

He isnt entertaining. I respect for being a great athlete and for his amateur background, but in my opinion he hasnt developed any kind of character worthy of an ic title run.

The rico/ haas stuff obviously wasnt brilliant but you did see some kind of personality emerge from charlie, elevating him above just another generic amateur wrestler/ college athlete. If that was all it was about then we might as well just watch college amateur wrestling instead.

Maybe creative will develop a character he is comfortable with in the future, but for me he just looks awkward on screen, except when he is actually in the ring, where he is obviously talented.

I just dont think thats enough, but then again Benoit has done ok :lol

Well, Shelton is one of those silent type of entertainers.

and that is my point. the e in wwe stands for entertainment doesnt it?

He isnt entertaining. I respect for being a great athlete and for his amateur background, but in my opinion he hasnt developed any kind of character worthy of an ic title run.

The rico/ haas stuff obviously wasnt brilliant but you did see some kind of personality emerge from charlie, elevating him above just another generic amateur wrestler/ college athlete. If that was all it was about then we might as well just watch college amateur wrestling instead.

Maybe creative will develop a character he is comfortable with in the future, but for me he just looks awkward on screen, except when he is actually in the ring, where he is obviously talented.

I just dont think thats enough, but then again Benoit has done ok :lol

He doesnt say much he lets his wrestling to the talking for him. Nothing wrong with that.Hes still one hell of a young wrestler thats only going to get even better.And just think hes already the I-C champion.Hes been a tag champion.The World title is next in his future.

I dont know how anyone can call him bland.Hes a very talented wrestling machine.Kurt Angle started off in the WWE the exact same way.Then all of a sudden Kurt Angle became a prime time player overnight.The same will happen to Benjamin and in time for Haas too.

Charlie Haas is just as good as Shelton.What he needs to do is one or two things:Go out on his own and go after the U.S. title as a heel.Or second he needs to get away from Smackdown and come over to Raw.Together him and Shelton was indeed a very dangerous team.They could be again.

Plus the two of them going after titles would indeed spice up the title hunt for whoever the World Champions of single or tag team may be. The stint with Rico and Ms.Jackie was cute for about 3 weeks.After that it got old. Chalie Haas needs to move on. Plus Shelton's finisher isnt a bad one.Its just not as flashy as others.

What Shelton needs to add to his rep is a kick ass submission hold like Haas did. Then and only then would Shelton truly be a real threat to the World Heavyweight title. Chalie Haas needs to come to Raw.Smackdown is not the place for him right now.

Benoit is just simply great to watch.Watching any member from"The Dungeon" is like watching poetry in motion when they wrestle. Besides Bret Hart,Chris Jericho,and Chris Benoit were all very vocal as well as entertaining inside the squared circle IMO. :thumbsup

Edited by The Franchise

I dont know how anyone can call him bland.Hes a very talented wrestling machine.Kurt Angle started off in the WWE the exact same way.

Chalie Haas needs to come to Raw.Smackdown is not the place for him right now.

There is nothing about him that sets him apart. Nothing especially unique.

Angle had worked in tv before coming to wwe, and was confident on the mic, onscreen, etc.

Plus his olympic gold medal winning pedigree in amateur wrestling set him apart from the others, and was something of a coup by Vinnie Mac to get kurt to wwe.

Angle had star written all over him from the very beginning.

Maybe you will be right about benjamin, i just dont see it.

Is smackdown the right place for any one at the minute? :?

i think he will be right he mentioned a submission hold which charlie has already with a submission hold shelton could cause damage he has the wrestling ability and technique to go and do it the finisher is bland (this from a fan on shelton) but he should devolop a stronger one as his career gets longer trust me in some time he'll have that world heavyweight belt round his waist.

You know if it hadn't been for Raven crusifying Sandman on a cross in ECW Kurt was going to go there in 1996... I swear!

But as for Shelton? I like his Exploder and its a finisher in Japan believe it or not, although they drop people on their head a bit more lol.

He is talented, he has presence and although he isn't a big talker so what? He's had a good match with everyone save Ric Flair since his Raw debut as a singles wrestler and HHH giving him the rub on Raw really helped his link with the fans...

Give him two years and he'll be a world champion on either show, trust me. And do bare in mind this was a man who taught Lesnar how to wrestle.

You know if it hadn't been for Raven crusifying Sandman on a cross in ECW Kurt was going to go there in 1996... I swear!

It's True, It's True. See what I did there? I'm so with it(!).

Yeah, Angle did colour with Joey styles on ECW Hardcore tv. He really put over Taz as a great technical wrestler and suplex master, which he is. Wether this had anything to do with Kurt being his first opponenet in WWE, I don't know.

I don't see what's wrong with Shelt's exploder suplex. It's quick, can be hit from no-where plus it dizzies and winds anyone hit with it. It would have the same impact as, say, a Rock Bottom.

I've taken a version of it, and to be honest I would rather be DVD'd.

P.S. has Shelton, the poster, heard of a full-stop?

That's the longest sentence I've ever seen.

The scariest thing I've taken is a Kryptonite Krunch.

I agree totally with you Gringo.

But as for Shelton? I like his Exploder and its a finisher in Japan believe it or not, although they drop people on their head a bit more lol.

He is talented, he has presence and although he isn't a big talker so what? He's had a good match with everyone save Ric Flair since his Raw debut as a singles wrestler and HHH giving him the rub on Raw really helped his link with the fans...

Give him two years and he'll be a world champion on either show, trust me. And do bare in mind this was a man who taught Lesnar how to wrestle.

Nothing else to add. :thumbsup