Savage pulls from TNA again

Dead Crow

PWInsider.com:

Randy Savage was sent home by TNA this afternoon after a meeting where Savage requested that he win the NWA championship from Jeff Jarrett at the 1/15/05 Final Resolution PPV. TNA officials quickly told Savage that wasn't in the cards for their plans and sent him home from the taping. There is always a chance he may be back down the line, but the PPV match is now off the books.

No word yet on who Jarrett's opponent will be at the next PPV event.

Savage was scheduled to come to the ring and get involved during an interview segment featuring NWA champion Jeff Jarrett and Dusty Rhodes at the taping. This would begin building towards a Savage-Jarrett NWA championship match on the 1/15/05 Final Resolution PPV event. The segment instead featured back and forth mic work between Jarrett and Rhodes with no mention of Savage or the originally planned bout.

Savage pinned Jarrett during a six man tag match at the Turning Point PPV this past Sunday. His appearance in the six man tag, where he was much smaller and less muscular than he had appeared in the past, was Savage's first match in four years.

Savage had debuted at the Victory Road PPV and pulled out of the company, citing an "unsafe work environment" after an encounter with Hulk Hogan, but later reconciled.

- PWInsider

Good, he adds nothing to the promotion and the proposed match with Jarrett would have been awful. TNA doesn't need Savage coming in and taking the limelight away from the talent coming through. To be honest even the name value that he supposedly bought with him seemed lost on the TNA fans as he's never got a particularly great response from them. No huge pops or anything like that.

So, thankfully he's gone and lets hope he doesn't turn up for the next ppv, and that if he tries to TNA aren't stupid enough to let him back in.

Having Savage as champion would have been ridiculous. TNA needs to be building up new stars, not guys who were hasbeens ten years ago never mind now.

It's a good idea to bring in one or two big names just to help generate interest but they have to be like a side act. They can't be made out to be challengers for the companies main belt.

I agree Jayden, Savage needs to go back to doing rap albums and leave T.N.A. alone.

Good, he adds nothing to the promotion and the proposed match with Jarrett would have been awful. TNA doesn't need Savage coming in and taking the limelight away from the talent coming through. To be honest even the name value that he supposedly bought with him seemed lost on the TNA fans as he's never got a particularly great response from them. No huge pops or anything like that.

So, thankfully he's gone and lets hope he doesn't turn up for the next ppv, and that if he tries to TNA aren't stupid enough to let him back in.

I dont have any problems with some of the vets of wrestling going over to T.N.A. to help them stay afloat. However we dont need a bunch of them stealing the thunder from others bid for World Title shots either. :evil

Hell its a no-brainer who should be fighting Jeff Jarrett for the title at the next pay-per-view.Anybody but Savage.Give him Abyss,Give him Monty Brown again,Give him the X division champ Petey Williams,Give him Raven, Give him A.J. Styles;etc Any one of those men against Jarrett would be a great title match on a P.P.V.

Compare that to seeing an over the hill Savage fighting Jarrett. Its clear that there is so many other worth contenders out there. :worship

Edited by The Franchise

Another KOTM would rock A.J's senton off the rope was one of the most beautiful moves i've ever seen. As for Savage he is a moron. I hope he is gone and never to return. Did he honestly think TNA would give him the title. I don't know who could be challenging him at TP but anyone is better than Savage.

I agree with Crippler. TNA should be raising up the next generation of superstar, using the vets to do so. Any vets who sign up should be prepared to do just that including, and especially, Jeff Jarrett.

I have always been a HUGE fan of Savage because of what I saw as a youth. But he's really out there now. I may have to change me name. It's like having an uncle who everyone remembers for his awesome exploits as a youth but whom they know also likes to walk around with a tin foil pirate hat on his head growling arrrgh at the neighborhood kids. Perhaps he should go hang out with the Ultimate Moron, errrr, I mean Warrior.

Well I think TNA rectified the entire situation at the time, he only came in for two minutes didnt do much or take up and waste much airtime. They didnt even give the 6 Man Tag the main event slot in reality. the best Match Ever was the main event-6 Sides of Steel and all 4 were homegrown and nurtured TNA talent