worst premiership players

pick your worst players you can in the priemership make up a team if you can

i was trying to make a team up but was having diffiiculty with some positions. some of the worst players for me are Kasey keller, Lucas Neill, Titus Bramble, Almunia, Djemba-Djemba, Ferreria, Diouf, Traore, G.Doherty...when i think of others i shall post them

GK - Almunia or Lehmann (I think they're both rubbish)

LB - Quinton Fortune (I don't understand why SAF plays him at left back)

RB - Djimi Traore

CB - Titus Bramble

CB - Lorenzo Amoruso

LM - Harry Kewell (Not a bad player, but since going to Liverpool AWFUL!!)

RM - Jesper Gronkjaer (This guy was amazing at Ajax what the hell happened??)

CM - Igor Biscan (Ha Ha Ha Ha)

CM - El Hadji Diouff (worst attitude in the premiership!!)

CF - Emile Heskey (Just cannot score goals)

CF - Robbie Fowler (Another guy that was great but now sucks)

I realise that really many of these players have the potential to be absolutely fantastic. But if you put these 11 players on a pitch together today they would spend the entire time running into each other and booting the ball in their own net (or in EH's case missing his own net). :xyx

Kasey Keller? WTF?! Anyway. As far as the liverpool contigent goes. Diouf? Yes. Biscan? Shockingly improved over the last month, so no. Kewell? I will continue to support Kewell 100% as long as he still wears the red shirt, because it's such a waste when you know what he CAN do. But seriuously son, get you arse in gear. I'd say the Nevilles are a certainty. Especially the ugly one. Hang on, that doesn't narrow it down. The rubbish one? Oh hang on. Ahh I know, the one who isn't in love with Becks. There you go.

The Nevilles are awful. Alumunia. Bellion. Ronaldo, as any sod can fall over a ball. Van Nistelrooy or however it is written. Will get killed for that, but all he does is tap the ball in. Team does the work, he gets the credit. And he is a huge diver.

David James. Nuff said me thinks.

Jens Lehman = hot headed cock IMHO.

Andy Cole.

Heskey, he should learn to walk before trying to kick a ball.

Shearer is poor these days.

I know the game okay.

Very harsh on Ronaldo probably, but he does annoy me.

I just don't think that van Nistelrooy is that great. Anybody can tap the shots in from inside the box.

Andy Cole I just do not rate. He got into the England squad and did poorly, I just do not think he is very good.

Shearer is a great header of the ball, and one of the greatest England strikers IMO.Now I feel he has lost the somethng he had. This just irritates me and makes me too critical.

Admit being wrong on the Ronaldo, and a bit wrong on Shearer, but I feel that van Nistelrooy and Cole are not up to scratch. That is my opinion. Most other fans that I speak to agree with me other than Man U fans who think they are God.

There's a big difference between being over rated, ie Gary Neville, and actually being rubbish, ie some reserve playing for bolton that nobody's ever heard of.

The worst Premiership XI would probably involved lots of players that most of us wouldn't actually know much about.

The most over rated XI is more what's really being discussed here (players who are supposed to be good but aren't) to be honest so my most over rated Premiership XI is probably as follows.

GK: Lehmann

RB: Gary Neville

LB: Phil Neville

CB: Titus Bramble

CB: Lorenzo Amoruso

RM: Dennis Rommedahl

LM: Joonas Kolkka

CM: Nicky Butt

CM: Liam Miller

CF: Andy Cole

CF: James Beattie

I don't get what people have so much against Andy Cole. Admittedly he isn't Pele, but why the huge backlash? He's like scored the 2nd most premiership goals ever, and he always scores a decent total, when he consistently plays at every club he's at, don't quite see why he's always so overrated, when he's never hyped up to be so incredibly awesome.

And I don't see how Gary Neville is a terrible right back in the slightest, nor Ronaldo or Van Nistelrooy. Heck if you don't like people that's a different story, but saying they are rubbish is just being ignorant to facts.

For me worst or overrated, Lehmann's in there, Rommedahl and Gronkjaer just cause no end product 95% of the time, even though they can sail past players easy. I think Fletcher is overrated, and Kanu for me. Great ball skills, but lack of everything else.

Gary Nevile is a quality right back. How many are better than him in the world? not that many. And Phil neville can be great in midfield (vs Arsenal anyone?). And Diouf? Yes his aattitude is wrong but hes a good player. Hes hardly Henry but he isnt one of the worst premiership players. I cant pick the worst because they wont get a game so I wont know them but these are some who are overrated IMO.

Jens Lehmann-Arsenal are a world class tea, but he isnt a world class keeper. Overrated

Rooney-Like I said Im not basing this on who's bad but if they are overrated and I think he is. Not consistent atleast

Robbie Savage-Annoys me

Craig Bellamy-^

Heskey-Crap & useless

I just don't think that van Nistelrooy is that great. Anybody can tap the shots in from inside the box.

Yeah, anyone can tap in a cut back from a yard out. But why is it always Ruud who gets into positions like that, and not players like Emile Heskey? Because Van Nistlerooy has the movement and off the ball skills that are just as important to playing up front as being able to win headers or finish from a 1 on 1 situation.

Ask most Celtic fans, McCoist had the knack of being in the right place at the wrong time, at least from their point of view. I'd hear Bhoys saying stuff like "McCoist is crap, he just pokes the ball home". To make runs off the ball, to follow up on lost causes, and even the Ruud-speciality of constantly moving on and offside at dead ball situations is the difference between a decent player like Diouf and a world class striker like Ruud Van Nistlerooy.

Yeah' date=' anyone can tap in a cut back from a yard out. But why is it always Ruud who gets into positions like that, and not players like Emile Heskey? Because Van Nistlerooy has the movement and off the ball skills that are just as important to playing up front as being able to win headers or finish from a 1 on 1 situation.QUOTE']

The thing is though, unless you have a good team around Ruud, he can't do that much. He is lucky that he has a good midfield at Man U to make the chances. IMO, which is probably wrong but hey, a striker shoul be able to create chances as well as take them. Players who can create are the talented ones.

He can finish, but so should any Prem striker be able to.

If he created more then fair enough, but all I see him do is tap in a shot from5-10 yards out, and then, because he is at Man U, be called a God.

because he is at Man U, be called a God.

Believe me, there's no one who despises the whole Man Utd situation in England more than me. Frank Skinner said the only way to find your team is to take a map of where you were born, find the football ground closest to the hospital and there's your team. While that's not necessarily the only way to find your team, it's one that should be used more often than not. I used to think it was bad up in Scotland when everyone only supported one of two teams, being the Old Firm of course. In England, it appears that no matter where you're from, if you've got some kind of obscure link to someone who once lived in Manchester for 3 years, you support United. Again, I realise that there are exceptions, but it's ridiculous to see so many smaller teams in financial trouble when Man Utd have got thousands of fans not going to their games.

Anyway, where was I? Oh yes, what I'm saying is that I don't really like Man Utd, but I can appreciate Ruud's talent. And your arguement doesn't really add up to much. How do you know that Ruud can't do anything without good players around him? OK, even if Ruud was playing at a lower level, while the same level of creativity might not be there if he was playing for Cowdenbeath or whatever, the quality of the opposition would be a lot lower too, so he'd create just as many chances with his movement. But that's all a moo point (It's like a cow's opinion...It just doesn't matter), because he's shown for years what a quality player he is, so he won't ever need to play in that environment again, unless he wants to.

It seems as if CJM still doesn't understand that there's more to being a good player than getting a ball 40 yards out, going past 6 players and blasting the ball into the top corner, like Ronaldinho or Henry. I don't deny they're great players, but I think that while they are the best at what they do, Ruud is the best player at what he does. He waits, he makes an intelligent off the ball movement and finishes off a team move more often than not. He's done it for Heereveen, PSV, Man Utd and Holland in a number of domestic, continental and international tournaments, time and time again. I don't know how you can ask for much more from Van Nistlerooy, to me it seems that if you play him, he'll score goals. If you need evidence, watch a few Man Utd games. No doubt that you'll near the fans chanting "Ruuuuuud" in at least one of them.

I don't think a player should take the ball past six players, but I think they should do a little more than Ruud. Look at the teams he has been in, they are good teams.

I just don't think that what he does is so special.

I think that a striker should create a lot of chances which I don't see Ruud doing. A good attacker should be able to beat a couple of players. If Ruud gets close to doing this he falls over.

This is my main problem with him really. If he has a go at taking on a player, he dives. Everytime the slightest contact is made he dives. With the ball or not. His movement is good, but this takes away from him, as it does others who dive. Anybody who does this I do not rate. There is bound to be contact in the sport, get on with it. Anyway, thats for another argument about divers and refs.

Just my opinion on the game.

First off Lehmann, its made me laugh in a few posts that people are calling him over rated. Now be honest guys, other then us Gooners (who a few of us have some reservations, but on the whole generally like the guy) who does actually rate Jens. Hes continually slated so it was a nonsense statement. Like or hate the guy, theres no way he is over rated. A tad under rated yes because for his flaws hes a more then capable keeper as was shown in the Premiership last season. Yes he cost us the CL but so did the form of Henry and Vieira among others when push came to shove, its a team game and too many look for scapegoats. So to sum it up, I like Lehmann. He makes mistakes yes, is he the worlds greatest keeper, no.....but did he keep us out of a ruck last season when we did not have the cash to buy the top class keeper everyone states we require, of course he did he went unbeaten. I greatly prefer Taylor and Stack, but respect must be shown for what lehmann achieved in the league.

Also thats a ditto to Almunia. Personally I never rated him in the friendlies, his decision making and concentration seemed so far off the mark I could only see him as Taylor's bootboy let alone our number two. Hes come in and made some clangers so thus proved what I had been saying to Gooners at the ground who just termed me an idiot. But we are all overly sceptical of the guy, he has gone from being loaned out to relegation battlers to the Champions of the English league, thus being thrown in at the deep end in what has been deemed the crux in our season. Of the pressure will get to him, hes not superhuman. We need to sit back and see how his form reflects over the rest of this season rather then instantly deemed him woeful now. Footballs a funny old game and the strangest things happen, but it will not be strange for Manuel to suddenly fulfill his potential and shown some class.

--------

Rant over and heres my team.

GK - Speroni

LB - Phil Neville (trying to fit him in the team, sure hes played here before)

CB - Fitz Hall

CB - Titus Bramble

RB - M Svensson

LM - Jesper Gronkjaer

CM - Eric Djemba-Djemba

CM - Salif Diao

RM - Darren Anderton

FW - David Bellion

FW - Gary Doherty (respect his workrate, but he just isn't a forward)

Going back to the van Nistelrooy argument, theres been plenty of good strikers out there who haven't had the ability to beat 6 players and score quality goals, look at Gary Lineker, one of Englands best ever players he just used to get on the end of everything.

Ruud can take the ball past defenders when neccesary, look at the Fulham game 2 seasons ago where he picked the ball up on the halfway line and beat the entire Fulham defence before slotting the ball home, goal of the season if I remember right.

What about his bravery? Everton away last season for example, United threw away a 3 goal lead when a last minute ball was thrown in from the right and with defenders boots flying all over the place Ruud stuck his head in there to get the winning goal, you wouldn't see that from Terry Henry.

van Nistelrooys a great striker because of the amount of goals he's scored, if it's so easy to score goals just because you're playing for Manchester United, then how come so many strkers have failed at Old Trafford? How comes every United player doesn't get 30-40 goals per season?

van Nistelrooys a great striker because of the amount of goals he's scored, if it's so easy to score goals just because you're playing for Manchester United, then how come so many strkers have failed at Old Trafford? How comes every United player doesn't get 30-40 goals per season?
forlan, saha, Mark Hughes, Sheringham and lots more I can't be bothered to mention never scored that many goals for Utd.

I don't think you understand the role of an out and out striker, like van Nistelrooy is. His job is simply to be in the right place at the right time and put the ball in the back of the net. He does that faultlessly. Half the reason he's not gettin the ball and beating five defenders at a time is because his movement off the ball puts him in spaces and positions where he doesn't have defenders left to beat. He is pure class and one of the few world class players Utd have right now.

David James. Nuff said me thinks

James a rubbish keeper? Hes probably the second best in the prem!

And someone says Fowler is rubbish as well! Have you seen him over the past few months?? His pace has improved, his mentality has improved and so has his confidence! Hes becoming really good!

• 2 weeks later...

GK - Julian Speroni

LB - Djimi Traore

RB - Anders Jackobsson

CB - Tony Popovic

CB - Titus Bramble

LW - Jesper Gronkjaer

CM - Salif Diao

CM- Tugay (old and never happy)

RW - Dennis Rommedahl - never reproduced his form

CF - Dwight Yorke

CF - Diomansy Kamara (what the hell has he done)

Thanks for the constructive argument on why Igor Biscan is shit. For your facts, he has massively improved this season, hey he isn't a world beater but is definately better than the likes of Djemba Djemba, Diao and Klebeson.

Come back when you have watched some football.

Titus Bramble has to be one of the worst players ever in the Premiership. That's before you take into account his own goal yesterday. I've never seen a player go to kick the ball and miss it as much as Bramble does.

And to think one of Newcastle's offers for Boumsong involved Bramble coming to Ibrox.

No thanks.

And to think one of Newcastle's offers for Boumsong involved Bramble coming to Ibrox.

No thanks.

Oh my my. That is one ugly offering for Rangers. Brable ALWAYS buggers up when he comes to Anfield. A few seasons ago, he basically gave Owen a beautiful through ball all by himself and Mickey finished it off at the Kop end. At the match, everyone thought it was Hyypia's goal, even the Announcer gave it to Sami but when I got home, I couldn't believe Bramble buggered up yet again. Newcastle just need two new centre backs (you could take Henchoz of us if you want!) and they would be a very very strong team.