Maven

SideEffect

the purpose presumably is to give him a bit more direction, make his character a bit more entertaining, and give him a bit more of a push. you may not care what he does but presumably some fans somewhere do.

personally I think they'd be better off using him as a jobber but that's just me. I see a very very average worker who doesn't stand out in any way. He's not neccessarily any worse than half the current guys, he just isn't any better than them either and certainly isn't as good as some of the guys that aren't getting pushed.

I know a maven fan, just 1 but still its a start

his heel push is long overdue in my opinion, actually his push is fullstop. Im not a huge maven fan but ever since there was talks of him joining evolution, which was way back (HHH dropping to goldberg methinks) ive thought it was coming

In fairness to the WWE theyve done it well, the lil face push at SS made the fans remember he existed, even if he did look really out of place with the main eventers, but he couldnt have gone much further because of the 3 other guys on his team at SS. Benoit, Orton and Jericho are all really over and with the return of HBK and possibly a faceturn for Kane thered be no use for him.

So make him kick shit out of Eugene......i thought it was funny

i think maven has potential i mean he can wrestle and he has charisma unlike christian who just sucks but its whether they can get entertain ment value outta him.

which i cant see in him i think it wont be long till hes gone just like test who had potential

Look for Maven to become the next member of Evolution.

I know a maven fan, just 1 but still its a start

his heel push is long overdue in my opinion, actually his push is fullstop. Im not a huge maven fan but ever since there was talks of him joining evolution, which was way back (HHH dropping to goldberg methinks) ive thought it was coming

In fairness to the WWE theyve done it well, the lil face push at SS made the fans remember he existed, even if he did look really out of place with the main eventers, but he couldnt have gone much further because of the 3 other guys on his team at SS. Benoit, Orton and Jericho are all really over and with the return of HBK and possibly a faceturn for Kane thered be no use for him.

So make him kick shit out of Eugene......i thought it was funny

It makes perfect sense.Hes a 3 year pro,needs guidence to go further in the business,has all the physical tools to be an impact player,and siding with HHH indeed would secure his status. :xyx

The thing that urks me about Maven is he doesnt have a kick-ass finishing move really. But can I see him sporting nice suits and running interference to save Evolution's ass in the near future? Yep. :devil It would be indeed a very smart career move for him. Either that or be Velocity's top jobber. Which would you choose? :?

It would be a smart career move but then it's not his decision is it? Vince and the guys rarely give anyone that much scope for dictating creative, let alone some glorified jobber. He was perfect for that Velocity jobber role, he doesn't have a great look, he doesn't work great matches, he isn't a great talker. Now that doesn't make him any worse than half the roster, but it does make him worse than the better half of it. Push someone with a lot more talent who didn't graduate from that waste of space Tough Enough show before you push Maven.

I don't even think he would get midcard by the end of it. I like maven and i can see him having a purpose but he needs to change something. If he stays the same as he is now, he will be out of the raw shows by next month. I think the best he can do is join evolution and maybe in a couple of years he will be where randy ortyon is now.

I think the best he can do is join evolution and maybe in a couple of years he will be where randy ortyon is now.
I don't think he'll ever be where Randy Orton is now. Orton is, and will be a main eventer whether we like it or not (personally I like it, I know others don't) because they want him to be. WWE pushed him whether people responded to it or not. There is nothing about Maven that says main event to me and I don't see there ever will be. While I think WWE like havin him around and a part of the shows I don't think for a second that they look at him and see main event potential in him.

If not Maven then who would be the perfect member for Evolution?

It would be a smart career move but then it's not his decision is it? Vince and the guys rarely give anyone that much scope for dictating creative' date=' let alone some glorified jobber. He was perfect for that Velocity jobber role, he doesn't have a great look, he doesn't work great matches, he isn't a great talker. Now that doesn't make him any worse than half the roster, but it does make him worse than the better half of it. Push someone with a lot more talent who didn't graduate from that waste of space Tough Enough show before you push Maven.[/quote']

For Maven to be A 3 year pro hes come a long way.In time hell be better.But when I think of a glorified jobber look no further than Gene Snitsky. Big? Yep. Ugly? You bet. Deserve all this attention? No way. Maven indeed deserves a shot at fame & fortune. :devil

I just wonder if he's being given a heel push due to the complete lack of interest that existed when he was pushed as a face with Orton, Jericho and Benoit.

When he had his match with HHH, aside from the fact that it was so poorly done (e.g. they actually had the faces cheating to try and get a win), the crowd just couldn't give a monkeys.

Maybe as a heel maybe people will notice Maven more?

i think maven has potential i mean he can wrestle and he has charisma unlike christian who just sucks

You are joking, right?

I don't think Maven has improved one bit, since his t.v. debut, Dropkick, second rope Bulldog and errrr....... that's about it.

LOL! Good one wyndorf/ sorry about the typo.

You are joking, right?

I don't think Maven has improved one bit, since his t.v. debut, Dropkick, second rope Bulldog and errrr....... that's about it.

This is why if Maven associates himself with the right people this would change. I mean who better to learn more about being a heel from than Flair & HHH? :thumbsup

Edited by The Franchise

look where the f is on your keyboard' date=' and then look where the k is, and then see whether you think it's a typo[/quote']

Yeah,I kinda sussed it after I posted. And after reading the 'Who had the best title run' thread realized that the wit of this guy is just silly. thanks dude

• Like 1

That was indeed a typo mistake wyndorf. I wasnt trying to insulting you.

Yeah' date='I kinda sussed it after I posted. And after reading the 'Who had the best title run' thread realized that the wit of this guy is just silly. thanks dude[/quote']

Besides, I'm used to guys not being able to"handle" my wit on things. I'm not a bad guy.Until somebody decides to step up to the plate. But other than that I'm here to have intellectual debates & conversations not flame :) wars.

Besides, I'm used to guys not being able to"handle" my wit on things. I'm not a bad guy.Until somebody decides to step up to the plate. But other than that I'm here to have intellectual debates & conversations not flame wars.
Lmao, nobody's stepped up to the plate, you called someone a dork. Was there any wit for anyone to handle?

possibly half of one at best

as for maven i think that he will do well, i like him he has charisma and raw talent he just needs a bit more guidence and being up there with evolution would have been great, hopefully he can do well with the likes of regal and eugene/dinsmore although if he hadgone to evolution i would have been better

Thats not even the case Jayden.

Lmao' date=' nobody's stepped up to the plate, you called someone a dork. Was there any wit for anyone to handle?[/quote']

I didnt mean to call him a dork at all.That was a typo. Besides I know when I hit one out of the park during a conversation.Because when I do that thats when people start to complain. But like I said before I didnt mean anything by some of the things I've said thus far. I just call it the way I see. :lol

:) :) :) :)

Strange old typo but meh, doesn't much matter. Haven't noticed much hitting out of the park, or anyone complaining. The only time people have complained is when you've been rude, and the rest of the time it's just been people logically disagreeing with your opinion. That's not complaining, it's disagreeing, which if none of us did would make this website redundant.

:thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

I am a big fan of Maven, he may not be the best talker in the world, and he may not be the best wrestler, but after the first Tough Enough i have always found myself cheering for the guy. When he was handed a part in the Survivor series main event i was well pleased, and was hoping that it would lead to bigger things. Ok a fued with Eugene is not what i had in mind, but hey its progress right? There are other wrestlers more deserving than him, i dont deny that, but i enjoy watching Maven, and i think he has some potential to get higher in the company.