Most famous person you ever met

Fletch

Whos the most famous person you ever met?

The most famous person I ever met was Henry Hill. he gives lectures around the country now in Universities a sports bar in Cannock got him to appear and give a talk so i went up and met him.

Whos Henry Hill i hear you ask. Watch Goodfellas, the film is based on him and how he had to go into hiding because of the Mafia. Thats the guy. Henry Hill

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eric Cantona, David Beckham, Sir Alex Ferguson, CM Punk (whilst I was smoking a cig lol, but he was cool), Colt Cabana, Jude Law when in Manchester doing Alfie, Ryan Giggs, Joey and Corey from Slipknot, Chad Hanks from American Head Charge, Skinny from Musheroomhead, Josey Scott from Saliva and Sugarcoma lol....

Autographical and photgraphical evidence is avalible for most but not in digital form, you'll have to come to Rochdale to see lol.

Ive met plenty of wrestlers, Jake the Snake, My hero Grandmaster Sexay Brian Christopher, David Flair (son of Ric), Davey Boy Smith, Earthquake, Typhoon, loads

Ive also met Princess Diana and a load of ex Wolves players, most importantly Steve Bull

Joe Satriani

Steve Vai

Colin Lloyd, Ronnie Baxter (darts players)

Tim Harvey (touring cars driver)

David Prowse (I was about five, he was dressed as Darth Vader (and I wasn't!), very surreal)

There have been others, mostly folk at the darts like John Gwynne, Dave Clark, Keith Deller, Jamie Harvey, Phil Taylor and the like but I didn't really talk to them, the people I listed before have been the only ones I really met to speak to personally rather than see them knocking about where I happened to be.

I've been given a football trophy by Paul Ince before he was that famour. I've been presented one by Danny Wallace too. I've played tennis with Chris Wilkinson, Tim Henman and Jamie Delgado. I've been up on stage at a pantomime. Geoff Capes came and slung me over his shoulder and carried me up, then some pantomime dame who may have been famous but I don't know talked to me and made me a balloon dog, while Bobby Davro was at the side of the stage trying to get my attention by pulling faces and making me laugh.

And you'll even be staying at the home of Brian Dammage i mean me. Same person.

Oh yeah Ive also met cKy and Fireball Ministry, but no one knows who Fireball Ministry are. But Ive got all their autographs and a hug from the fit blonde female guitarist. I also got offered their cd for a fiver from their manager who was also the lead singers brother. Nice chap.

I met the entire Welsh Rugby Squad and others at Scott Gibbs' wedding

I danced with Prince William at a Charity Ball.

Had dinner with Kelly from Stereophonics.

Met the whole 1994 Manchester United Squad after winning tickets to do so.

Also met Sting, Keanu Reeves, Gwyneth Paltrow, Madonna (god shes rude) David Gray (rather hard not to he comes from my town-ish) i think thats all oh and Suggs (again hard not to he's my second cousin)

xXx

Jesus Taki, thats hard to top. That is if I bought into this whole famous person thing. Personally I'd tell Madonna where to shove it if she was rude to me. Impressed with the Rugby squad though. Did you tell them how much you love Wales? :D I met Colin Charvis once when he came through the drive through when I worked in McDonalds. Although as I was then such a big rugby buff, A girl had to tell me he played rugby, and even then I thought he played for England. Which is kinda embarrasing. Other than that I havent met anyone except some guy that apparently used to be on Eastenders. I think he was the big one out of those two italian blokes.

I've worked with Bill Frindall, Alec Stewart, Graham Thorpe and Mark Butcher, met Adam Hollioake, Jonathan Batty, Darren Gough, Andrew Flintoff, Darren Anderton, Teddy Sheringham, Phil Collins, Ronan Keating and Dame Kiri te Kanawa.

Quite a broad range ;)

I met the Hearts squad when i was nine or ten,i met Duke from Garbage and i met Glen Michael.

One of my friends was high at T in the park when met the band Gomez, and instead of saying hello he stopped them where they were and proceeded to sing Get Myself Arrested (one of their tracks) to them.

Another guy i know ran onto the pitch after a Rangers match and managed to get Andy Gorams gloves from him.

Edited by eyes_adrift

I've met loads of wrestlers so I'm not gonna count them, except Jake, who actually helped train me, so I elevate that above simply meeting.

Pres Clinton would be mine. Met him in Edinbutgh as he walked the streets one day. Met him and about 7 bodygautrds and 300 police. He wasn't the pres then, but I didn't care.

Don't know if this counts but remember the lad from Bad Lads Army the 1950's edition? Where they were treated like conscripts of the 50's?

Remember the lad from Rochdale with the piercing of the Albert kind?

He now serves behind the bar in my local as of tonight. I had to teach him how to price my drinks, how sad...

Not that he can't work a till, just that I am now such an alchoholic I know how to price my own drinks on the till....