Most emotional moments in Wrestling

MARTIN316V1

Sounds sad, but what would you say where the most emotional come backs, entrances, endings etc to a match you have seen.

For me there have been 3 Stone Cold returns, the ones at Backlash 2000 when taking everyone out with a chair and helping Rock win the title, at Unforgiven 2000 when he returned and gave Shane that classic stunner and loved JR's call while shouting his head off ''There is none other like him, there never has been, there never will be'', still gets the goosebumps going even now. And also his return at No Way Out 2003.

Also the Undertaker's returns at Judgment Day 2000 and WrestleMania.

There are more but cant think of them off the top of my head.

I bet the ending of Mania XX will be in everyone elses list :P

For me there were two that stand out and I think that they were probably just very personal to me, as opposed to particualrly emotional moments.

Mick Foley winning his first World Title

Booker T winning his first World Title

I cried both times.

The ending of the Warrior vs. Savage match at Wrestlemania 7, it always gets me, its a real great moment when Savage and Miss Elizabeth get back with each other. It was a really great match to

Edit - The Raw is Owen show was very moving from what I have seen of it. Another emotional moment was the Bret Hart vs. Chris Benoit "Owen Hart tribute match" from WCW Nitro.

Edited by Dan

Martin is right of course...

Someone is gonna name Benoit's title triumph and I'm gonna get it rolling..

Not only that Eddie's as well, I love Eddie Guerrero the wrestler and when he did it, when he conquered all... I choked a little.

Foley winning his first title as well and Jerihco's... they mean a huge amount to me...

And who can forget HBK's return at Summerslam? Top class!

Loads....

-Benoit finally winning the big one at WMXX and standing in the ring with Eddie.

-Rock being the one to finally end HHH's 99/00 title run at Backlash 2000 -J.R. "The gAmE iZ oVeR!!! ListEn tO THiS eLVatIoN..THe mCi CeNtRe HAs ErUptED!"

-Shawn Michaels winning the 1st Elimination Chamber Match at Survivor Series 2002

-Taker returning at Judgment Day 2000 - The music helped alot I feel and HHH's selling reaction just getting up when he saw Taker.

-Hogan joining the Outsiders at the Bash at the Beach.

-Stone Cold turning heel at WM17 - actually I was still believing wrestling was real so this made it even harder for me to take, lol (shows how much I knew)

-HHH winning the Royal Rumble and his return aswell.

-Mick Foley hitting HHH in the face with Barb Wire for the last time at WM16 -J.R. "One lAst ShoT TO thE GaME...OnE LaSt ShOT tO tHE cHAMpION!!!"

-Jericho winning the World Title at No Mercy.

-Jericho becoming Undisputed Champion at Vengeance.

-Eddie finally winning the WWE title at No wAy oUt. (Promo's prior to the match really it made it better than any other Match this year I felt)

I cant say there have been too many emotional moments. When WrestleMania x8 opened after Saliva had played and Trailblazing started up with the wrestlers talking about Mania etc with the clips playing, i cried then and i cried at the near identical promo the year after. thats about it

Bret Hart winning the WWF Title at Wrestlemania 10, I was huge Bret fan and because I didn't know any better at the time, I thought Bret had no chance of beating the enourmous Yokozuna and when Yoko fell off the second rope and Bret got the 1,2,3...I was litterally jumping around the living room.

I'm another who'll be adding Benoit's title win at WMXX to my list of personal favourite moments also :) Thats the closest I've ever come to marking out as much as I did for Bret just 10 years earlier.

I think that emotional moments in wrestling are more often than not variable and come down to the person who is watching. Mine include:

Triple H's return to Madison Square Garden. After an 8th month absence it meant so much, and now knowing the full truth of it, it means so much more

Stone Cold Steve Austin's return at No Way Out after leaving the company and at (unforgiven?) when he returned after being run-down with Rikishi. (he did an in-ring segment with Shane McMahon and Steve Blackman) The No Way Out return meant more to me, simply because I had missed the guy for so damned long. He got me into wrestling and I'll always appreciate that, he's the #1 guy.

Of course HHH's royal rumble win in 2002 shortly after his return.

Jericho's first WWE world title win (undisputed then) at Vengeance beating The Rock, Austin and Angle in the small tournament. He'd been deserving this for ages and it finally came around. (shame for only the 1 time though...)

The NYC crowd chants to Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania XX. Meant a lot as I knew what was happening, and I liked Lesnar, he was a top guy. I realized how much i'd miss watching him in action. I still want him back...

Edited by Dickie Hyde

Benoit and Eddie in the ring when Benoit won the World Heavyweight Championship for the first time in the WWE ever.

Owen Hart Tribute Show (RAW from 1999) I still got that taped on my video, never gonna get rid of it!

Stone Cold "leaving" at Survivor Series 2003.

wrestlers that died, some including Crash Holly coz it was a shock.

More gonna say later ;)

As a big fan of Chris Benoit then I'd say definitely winning at WrestleMania. You just know he loves wrestling and he doesn't care where he is on the card as long as he is in the ring doing what he loves. But seeing him and Eddie in the ring in tears afterwards was a great moment. You just think of all the crap he and a lot of the guys had to put up with in WCW and how people always said he'd never get the big belt because he was too small or he wasn't phenomenal on the microphone.

I still get pretty emotional inside when I watch that match.

May sound a strange one here. When Austin came down to help Stephanie when she was strung up on Taker's cross for the "unholy wedding," then Vince saying thankyou to Austin

Also Austin's face turn right at the start of the Invasion angle when Vince said he wanted the "old" rattlesnake back. Just the whole thing when Austin came in and cleared house of the Alliance

Too many to mention to be fair, couldnt argue with too many of the points posted on this thread

Hogan handing Warrior the WWF title and hugging him, then leaving the ring.

Hogan vs Rock, fans believing in Hulkamania once again.

Night after WMX8, Hogan in Montreal and the other Montreal moment when Hogan got a standing 20 minute long loud-as-hell ovation and cried himself.

Hogans video after Earthquake crushed him on the Brother Love show.

Hogan winning his 6th and likely final WWE World title on my birthday, 21 April 2002 over HHH.

Eddie Guererro pinning Brock Lesnar to become WWE Champion.

i'd say the 9/11 tribute show, i am actually shocked to be the first to say this... i actually am tearing up right now thinking about lilian singing the national anthem at the opening of the show.

the other one as has beeen mentioned is Mick foley's Hell in a cell match against HHH when he first retired

oh and when foley was helped out after the HiaC with taker after going through the roof (JR's best call ever was in that match because it was real!)

Owen Hart raw tribute Iwas watching with my pops but I was ready to burst especially with Debra and Jarret.

And the raw at the end of last year with my immortal playin the video of the dead wrestlers then Isaw Crash Holly and sat in shcok for 10 minutes.

When Alliance were dominating the WWF and here comes the Austin truck in the car park and austin beats up everyone in the alliance.

Does anyone remeber a guy came out and said he had cancer I think it was in 99 or 00

Benoit winning the rumble and the belt at WM 20

Mankind telling HHH that he wouldn't face him only to reveal Cactus Jack. Possibly my top moment ever and then cactus losing at no way out in the hell in a cell. I always knew he's lose but still gutted realising that foley was gone from active wrestling (apart from the odd return over the years!)

For me its any world title win that you felt like the guy had really deserved it and was FINALLY achieving his goal... I mean I still almost choke up every time I see Foley win the title for the first time, and I'd probably have to say the same with Benoit's and Eddie's as well.

I think that Wrestlemania XX moment at the end really will live in everybodys hearts forever you know.

There are so many other moments for me but the Foley, Guerrero and Benoit title wins will always all be with me forever. Honourable mentions to EVERY time Stone Colds music would hit during the 1999-2002 period... infact jeez even at this years Royal Rumble with the class Heyman-Bischoff skit. There is no better emotional ride than when somethings happening in the ring and you're just waiting for the glass smashing before Austin comes down and beats the hell out of everybody.

Takers return in 2000 (which has been mentioned a few times)

The Royal Rumble shortly after HHH return from his 8 month lay off. Stone Cold had just cleared the ring and was waiting for his next opponent. The clock ticked down the lights went out and The Games music hit. J.R.'s "Oh....My....God!!" had the hair on the back of neck standing on end. HHH's entrance and the scrap with Stone Cold after was great.

Glorius stuff!!