Is Armageddon Going To Be The Worst PPV Ever?

Marc McCann

I look at the card below & i think what is the point of getting up late to watch this, i might just set my alarm for about 3 to just watch the Fatal Fourway, and that won't be that good anyway.

Dawn Marie v Miss Jackie - Haas will side with Dawn u gota believe

Tough Enough boxing match

Cena vs Jesus

Big Show v Angle's Crew

RVD & Rey v Kenzo & Rene

Fatal Fourway

Where's Kidman v Chavo, this is the weakest card i have ever ever seen, what are the writers thinking?

No i dont think you watched Taboo Tuesday, that was the worst ppv ever. The Fat fourway for the WWE title alone makes it worth watching. RVD and Rey vs The Anit-Americans Part 2 will be decent enough, and Im pretty sure there will be another match or two added

Armegeddon is always a tosh ppv... Even when they put matches that people on the December ppv that people want to see (Like Vengence with Hardy v Hardy and the four man tournement for the Undisputed Title) then the wrestlers either put in a piss poor performance or they book it wrong...

Like the 3 stages of hell match between HBK/HHH a couple of years back where both men had an off night (although HHH had a injury), and where they booked HHH to win the title when he had nothing to do with the build up last year!

And the way they made Jericho look weak during the tournement instead of having him look a million bucks at Vengence... and how can forget building that ppv around HHH returning when it was still a month away?

Armageddon 2000 had the 6 Man Hell in A Cell. Which was the first time I'd sat and watched a live Hell in a cell match. I'd seen others on tape but that rocked. 2001 the tournament was awesome i thought, a few really good feuds were bornout of it and led to an awesome Mania main event

HHH/Jericho wasn't awesome... it was better then everyone made out the time no doubt but it couldn't recover from the spectical of Hogan/Rock and the crap build up...

Rock v Jericho was always a great fued and I loved it... The match at No Mercy, then the one on Raw, the Vengence semi (MOTN) and then the final installment at the Royal Rumble all ruled...

The Armegeddon Hell In A Cell is also a very underrated match but then again it had Rikishi in it so people may want to gloss over the whle Kish - Main event scenerio for the good of their mental health.

I think it will be quite bad as well, at least if they don't include Kidman vs Chavo, a feud kept exclusively on Velocity it seems..

Let's break down the matches...

RVD/Rey vs Foreign guys : Rvd and Rey always gets the crowd going, so booking this match was cool. I would expect Rey and RVD to win and then feud with the Bashams. The match will be OK, Rey and RVD will hit all their spots and get pops.

Big Show vs Kurt Angle & Co

Kurt Angle has previously beaten Big Show on his own, how can he not beat him

with the help of two other guys? And if Big Show wins, what will that do to the push Reigns and Jindrak is receiving. I think it would be better with a Reigns vs Big Show, or maybe Jindrak/Reigns vs Big Show.. and then have Kurt Angle have his Invitational and come close to losing to an OVW star or something

Tough Enough Shootfight

I can wager 100 bucks that someone will injure themself in this one. Really a bad idea imo. Anyway, it's probably going to be Puder vs Mizanin, and this will

be a short one...

Dawn Marie vs Miss Jackie

This feud is OK, and somewhat interesting, but neither can wrestle, so why are they taking up PPV time? Charlie Haas heel turn? Hope not..

Cena vs Jesus in a streetfight

So this Jesus guy can't wrestle either, is that it? And isn't cool to think that if you get drafted to the SD brand after your time in OVW, you're guaranteed a title shot? Cena is a quite good brawler, but I don't like brawling, so this one will be a stinker. The pops will be huge, though.

Fatal Fourway

Buildup is done right. All have lost title matches to JBL, and now is the time to close it once and for all. I still would have preferred to have added Big Show and Angle to the mix and put it in an Elimination Chamber, but that is apparently only going to happen at RAW. This main event is as big as you can get it on Smackdown.

Either way, Armageddon will probably be the last WWE I will watch for a while.. I have decided I'd rather spend my money purchasing RoH..

Smackdown PPVs = Absolute shite.

How they can try and pass this off as a PPV card I have no idea. And as for the comment about Taboo Tuesday being shite, I completely disagree, it was fresh at least and NOWHERE near as bad as this pile of wank will be.

Yeah, OK, the concept was new... but they had a DIVA fight with two women even more green in the ring than Dawn Marie and Miss Jackie, plus a stupid T&A Battle Royale. We should at least watch Armageddon before we can tell who was the worst ppv.