Do u consider Y2J's title run to be a flop?

Guest Nuff

I was pleased to see Y2J getting the run with the big belts but I didn't think his run was that great.I don't think he was over enoough as a heel for his title run and adding Steph into the mix did nothing but downgrade him as the champ.

Guest Dean Douglas

Kurt Angle had the same problem with his first title reign. They both won in the same fashion with run-ins and belt shots but Angle was at least allowed to put up a fight during the match whereas Jericho's defences usually featued a thorough beating, minimal Jericho offense, a false finish with him submitting then winning with a run-in, a belt shot, his feet on the ropes or combinations of them and all that did was make him look weak.

Angle's reign was an example of little faith but Jericho's seemed like it was setup to sabotage his career, he was consciously made to look like a bad champion.My theory is that it was HHH's second try at burying Jericho after he failed with their feud in 2000, the result of that attempt being he was actually over as a legitimate title contender during HHH's absence.

Angles title run was far far better, and I'm really dissappointed with how the WWF booked Jericho as champion. How come HHH gets to get put over cleanly whenever he's a heel? Is he an exception to the rule?

Its pathetic, and I hope Jericho gets enough time at the top now to try and salvage his chances of being considered a true living legend.

I read on the TWO newsboard that the WWF put jericho with Steph to help him get over as a heel because he couldnt do it on his own.

FLASHBACK: Jericho got over as a huge heel in WCW, to a point where it turned him face granted, but still, he was over and over hugely.

WWF blew it. Steph didn't help him get over, she OVERSHADOWED him. I hope Vince ggives heyman the head Booker reigns soon, because as long as Steph is head booker and HHH is dating her, Jericho hasn't got a chance.

In House Shows he has been wrestling people like Edge! I love Edge, and indeed he will take the WWF into the future, but to come from main event @ WrestleMania to Edge is a bit of a downgrade.

Granted it was only @ a House Show, but didn't he wrestle mid-carders on Raw & Smackdown?

I think were a bit harsh on Hunter. Ok, he has a reputation as being THE guy in the WWF, but are we in the WWF locker room? Do we know whats going on behind the scenes? Do we know that Hunter held down Jericho? No, were not there were just relying on dirtsheets.

When all talk about the nWo coming was about, everybody reported that the locker room morale was down. I asked Rico Costantino if all this was true. He said, which was surprising as he was a talent that could be held down, that the morale (in his opinion) was good as they knew Vince would step the nWo into line if they were trouble.

I may have gone a bit of topic there, but I think you can get my point.

I'm both a fan of Hunter and Jericho, so I've given an unbiased account.

I thought Jericho's reign as champ was pretty poor but I do have to credit the WWF for giving him the titles when a lot of people doubted if they ever would. No matter what anyone else says, if Jericho was to quit wrestling tomorrow, he could always say he was the Undisputed Champion.

I think we also have to say that his rise from Mid-Card to the status as convincing Champion was all rushed. I think that is also why they put the WCW Championshipo strap on him.

What? he spent his entire time in WCW in the mid card, and moved to the WWF because he was getting held back.

He spent ages in the mid card there too. If anything maybe too long. Rushed? Not at all

When Jericho won the WCW at No Mercy or whenever it was, he was totally ready for it, and won the belt in a tremendously well worked match against The Rock.

However, from there, he should have been allowed to bathe in his main event status for a while, and get fully adjusted- NOT get thrown in the deep end as wrestling's FIRST EVER Undisputed Champion. That honour should not have been a tool to establish a wrestler, it should have been given to a future legend, such as The Rock or Austin- someone who realistically wouldn't have been amiss without it.

The work up to his WCW reign was brilliant and well paced, from there though, going to Vengeance to win the Undisputed Championship and then main eventing WrestleMania, it was all too quick, and neither Jericho nor the fans were ready for him to be in that position.

While I don't like his new face persona, and least Triple H can hold the Undisputed Championship realistically without everyone waiting for him to lose it- he is completely believable as wrestling's number one wrestler at the moment because of his reputatation. Jericho will have that in time, but he doesn't quite have it YET.