TWO Best PPV Match: WrestleMania X9

Chris2K

Best Match at WMX9?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Best Match at WMX9?

• Cruiserweight Title Match: Matt Hardy vs. Rey Mysterio Jr.
    • Handicap Match: The Undertaker vs. A-Train and Big Show
    • Women's Title Match: Trish Stratus vs. Jazz vs. Victoria
    • WWE Tag Team Title Match: Team Angle vs. Chris Benoit and Rhyno vs. Los Guerreros
    • Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Jericho
    • World Heavyweight Title Match: Triple H vs. Booker T
    • Street Fight: Hulk Hogan vs. Vince McMahon
    • The Rock vs. Steve Austin
    • WWE Heavyweight Title Match: Brock Lesnar vs. Kurt Angle

Finalists so far:

Hulk Hogan/Mr. T vs. Roddy Piper/Paul Orndorff (WM1)

The British Bulldogs vs. Greg Valentine and Brutus Beefcake (WM2)

Ricky Steamboat vs. Randy Savage (WM3)

Randy Savage vs. Ted DiBiase (WM4)

Hulk Hogan vs. Randy Savage (WM5)

Ultimate Warrior vs. Hulk Hogan (WM6)

Ultimate Warrior vs. Randy Savage (WM7)

Bret Hart vs. Roddy Piper (WM8)

Shawn Michaels vs. Tatanka (WM9)

Shawn Michaels vs. Razor Ramon (WM10)

Shawn Michaels vs. Diesel (WM11)

Shawn Michaels vs. Bret Hart (WM12)

Bret Hart vs. Steve Austin (WM13)

Steve Austin vs. Shawn Michaels (WM14)

Steve Austin vs. The Rock (WM15)

Edge and Christian vs. The Hardys vs. The Dudleys (WM2000)

Steve Austin vs. The Rock (WMX7)

The Rock vs. Hollywood Hogan (WMX8)

I seriously cant rememebr any of this PPV except the main event. Which is strange. Anyway, I voted for Brock and Angle. For the aforementioned reason. I'll admit, it could never have reached my expectaions, which were through the roof. I had been waiting for that match for a year. But on repeat viewing, it was one cleanly executed shooting star away from being a classic Mania main event.

Regradless of even if Lesnar had hit the SSP (I can Lesnar... hahaha, sorry) it still would have been Shawn and Jericho for the match of the night...

The build up, the angle at the Rumble, the match itself and then Jericho afterwards kicking a field goal... Classic. Shawn's best Mania match since the Iron Man and Jericho's best ever match in the WWE.

As for the SSP that Lesnar tried, well three things stopped it... 1) nerves 2)The fact that he'd put on more muscle then when he popped em regular in OVW and 3)KURT WAS 3/4 OF THE WAY ACROSS THE RING YOU TOOL!

Aside from that great match, although he could have treated Kurts neck a bit better...

And just for pure atmosphere Rock/Austin III and McMahon/Hogan where awesome... the in-ring product sucked big ones but the feeling watching them harked back to the good old days...

I would have voted for HBK/Jericho as it was the best match I know but my personal favourite was Rock/Austin (the final chapter if you will) , even down the stupid things like how Austin was introduced as "he had earned a repuatation AS THEEE TOUGHEST SON OF BITCH IN THE WWE!". The match I feel was the second best match on the Card anyway but I voted for it because it was just my personal favourite. Edited by JC

As much as I marked out for HBK vs Y2J, I voted for Lesnar/Angle, a match I loved. Bless Brock for trying something different ( and a 275lb man flying upside down and landing on his neck definitely qualifies as different ). Moment of the card for me was Lesnar's face when the match was over and his eyes were saying "I won? I wonder what day it is." :lol

Great Mania, probably my second favourite of all time.

The Cruiserweight match was ok, but too short to make a impression.

It should have been Undertaker vs Big Show 1 on 1 at this PPV, rather than have A-Train and Nathan Jones in there.

Now everything from HBK/Jericho onwards was great. HBK/Jericho was a great match. I enjoyed HHH vs Booker T, i dont see the big fuss for taking about 10 seconds to pin him. Loved Rock/Austin as always. Main event was great also.

But im going to surprisingly go for Hogan vs McMahon, 20 Years in the Making, and this was a great match consdering the age of the 2 is over 100,i think the combined age in the tag title match would be about the same and theres 6 guys :lol

Nice leg drop by Vince off the ladder, Loved Hogan dropping the leg 3 times to pick up the win but didnt see the point in Piper coming out and hitting Hogan, if he won the match anyway.

Anyway as i said its Hogan/McMahon for me.

Hulk Hogan vs Vince McMahon. What an awesome match it was, and it had that feeling about it, like it was alot of real pent up agression coming out, which of course it was.

It was easily the best match, for me, on the 2nd best WrestleMania of all time (behind WMVI). I f'n loved every single second of it, the build up and blow off was perfect, just perfect. It goes to show that the old boys can still bring the house down better than anybody else.

And hey, when Fin Martin says it was his top match of the PPV (and I swear, he despises Hogan and lives to crap on him) then that must count for something, lol.

Yeah thats true, I read that PS review and he admitted it was a great guilty pleasure...

It was a real grudge match and it harked back like I said before to the days or yore where Piper faced Mr T and Warrior and Hogan collided... Matches where you didn't care about the ring work (although I still do) but about the drama and the outcome.

And if Fin Martin can be converted to it then you know it achieved something...

Still think HBK/Jericho was better....

To be honest, I dont think there was a truley crappy match on the entire card, even the fillers were more than watchable.

Sure, the opener should have been given more time, and Booker T vs HHH was disappointing moreso due to the outcome, but overall everything was good IMO.

When you have a match with Big Show and A-Train and its half decent, you know the rest of the show will be special, lol.

Yeah the fillers where great as well... But I wanted the three way for the Smackdown straps to go on for longer... I mean you had Eddie, Chavo, Benoit, Rhyno and an emerging Team Angle in there and you rush it? Tsk tsk... but still while it was on very enertaining...

Should have cut the Miller Cat Fight girls, then that may have got more time then given... and also how many Limp Bizkit songs do you actually need? Did Taker require such an enterance for a filler, notch another on the record match?

If they'd canned that then Mysterio and Matt could have been given longer then 6 minutes... but god they crammed alot into those six minutes.

I enjoyed most of this card. It had my favourite feud in it being Stone Cold Vs The Rock with a great buildup.

Triple H defeated Booker T in an average match, but very watchable. I think the right man won. Booker, IMO, was not ready to "win the big one" so to speak.

Hogan Vs McMahon was enjoyable, and as BeltMark said, all of the agression going into it made it that much more of a classic. I mean, 20 years in the making? :xyx

The tag title match was enjoyable with a good line-up and the main-event was solid. I'm just glad Kurt made it through with his severe neck problems. The Wrestlemania XX DVD kept me in touch there ;) but for me the highlight of the night was Chris Jericho Vs Shawn Michaels. (pun intended :P) There's just something about it, it kept me glued to the TV. Once I have the DVD, I'll look forward to re-visiting this match the most. I was glad of the aftermatch too, Jericho is great as a heel. (and the all-famous beard :))

I did not care for the other 3 matches...

really good WM

i'm going with hbk/jericho but rock/austin, angle/lesnar and hogan/vince were all quite good in their own right

lol was there a funnier/better moment then vince's bloody face popping up over the ring apron with that evil smile

lol was there a funnier/better moment then vince's bloody face popping up over the ring apron with that evil smile

lol :worship , me and my cousin have always mocked that ever since that happened, and still remind each other of it till this very day. We were in stiches when HHH said on the Main of WrestleMania, if i could take 1 still shot from the whole night it would be Vince's bloody head popping up over the ring apron. Quality :lol

Has to be HBK/Jericho, The buildup for me was excellent and even though I was looking forward to Angle/Brock quite a bit. I felt that HBK and Jericho managed to steel the show. I was cringing throughout the Brock/Angle match, So I couldn't enjoy as much.

lol :worship ' date=' me and my cousin have always mocked that ever since that happened, and still remind each other of it till this very day. We were in stiches when HHH said on the Main of WrestleMania, if i could take 1 still shot from the whole night it would be Vince's bloody head popping up over the ring apron. Quality :lol[/quote']

:lol I certainly agree with that = pure quality :xyx... that face will always live long in the memory. Like HHH said "He was like the devil or something!"

Rock vs.Stone Cold was the best match.Shawn and Chris too.The rest? Garbage.

I enjoyed most of this card. It had my favourite feud in it being Stone Cold Vs The Rock with a great buildup.

Triple H defeated Booker T in an average match, but very watchable. I think the right man won. Booker, IMO, was not ready to "win the big one" so to speak.

Hogan Vs McMahon was enjoyable, and as BeltMark said, all of the agression going into it made it that much more of a classic. I mean, 20 years in the making? :xyx

The tag title match was enjoyable with a good line-up and the main-event was solid. I'm just glad Kurt made it through with his severe neck problems. The Wrestlemania XX DVD kept me in touch there ;) but for me the highlight of the night was Chris Jericho Vs Shawn Michaels. (pun intended :P) There's just something about it, it kept me glued to the TV. Once I have the DVD, I'll look forward to re-visiting this match the most. I was glad of the aftermatch too, Jericho is great as a heel. (and the all-famous beard :))

I did not care for the other 3 matches...

BTW when you're married to the boss's daughter you dont lose the big ones much.Thats the only reason HHH beat Booker T. If it was a straight up fight for the World Title Booker T would've kicked HHH's ass so bad it would've been a recap of what the Philidelphia Eagles did to Green Bay this past Sunday. :worship