Who will be announced as World Champion on RAW?

Chris2K

Who will be WHC?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be WHC?

HHH, as soon as I read the show report I was almost certain that they were going to come out on Raw and insist that as there was no decisive winner, HHH keeps the belt.

I hope they don't, I think it is not only the wrong thing to do at the moment from a creative standpoint I think it will just add more fuel to the "HHH is the devil" fire.

Personally I want them to give Edge and Benoit a joint reign for a couple of weeks, and then give them the chance to prove whether they can carry a main event level match or not (before y'all start I know Benoit's done that already but while Edge has had some stonking matches he's never quite been given the chance to prove he can carry a PPV). I think it would make much more entertaining tv, and would keep the belt away from the HHH, Orton, Batista, Flair, angles which are beginning to develop.

I'd pretty much agree with that.

I will be very surprised if Triple H doesn't retain because there was no decisive winner. It'd be nice for a change to see another couple of guys going for the title because Triple H has near enough been challenging for it since it came into existence.

I put edge but now I think HHH because they wouldn't make him lose the belt on the third week without Jericho's turn. But thinkin about it, because it's jericho who hates HHH might make the main event Edge vs. Benoit for the title, I don't know now lol, anything can happen, it depends on how you look at it.

To be honest I'd say the opposite to that. Once they announced that they were taking the title off the line for the battle royal I kinda switched off and thought "here we go again", which is a shame because the actual action on the show was good.

IF, and it is a big IF, they give HHH the belt back, or he somehow walks out of Raw on Monday with the belt I'll have had just about as much as I can be bothered to take from Raw.

If they don't and they run with something different then I'll be interested again.

I just want to see HHH lose the belt because although he is great at what he does, he isn't raw. He doesn't need to be in every main event of every ppv and he doesn't have to be in every title match. Also there are now too mamny faces going for the title eg. jericho,benoit,orton,maven even though it looks like he is turning heel. I would just like to eventually see HHH in a ppv match that doesn't include the world title and i think this is the right time to change it.

that would be great, and I as a fan am always a big fan of tournaments in wrestling. Whether they be a one night one, or over a period of time.

the WWE however have shyed away from them and don't seem to be keen on tournament concepts at all anymore so while I'd love to see it happen I don't see that it will.

I would just like to eventually see HHH in a ppv match that doesn't include the world title and i think this is the right time to change it.

Didn't he fight Shawn Michaels in a Hell in a Cell match without a title on the line? And Eugene at some later point? Not every Triple H match is for the title..

Didn't he fight Shawn Michaels in a Hell in a Cell match without a title on the line? And Eugene at some later point? Not every Triple H match is for the title..

but tat HIAC match COMPLETELY overshadowed the Benoit-Kane match at that very same ppv which was a very intruiging match. Again, that Eugene fued was the #1 fued on Raw, Randy-Benoit barely managed to get out of the shadow of it.

The most likely with Jericho as GM is simple Edge v Benoit or just a complete re-match for the gold...

Its just a really great devise to get me to watch Raw, damn those writers have actually made it intresting for a change!

Or the board of directors give HHH the belt due to no decisive winner. (because i doubt it would be Jericho's decision, infact I'm pretty sure of that because in theory he'd just be biased) Then we'd get Jericho Vs HHH for the belt as the main event...

BUT I think your tournament idea is the way to go, that would rock! :xyx Nice thinking :D

Edited by Dickie Hyde

I voted for Benoit' date=' IMO Edge tapped out before the 3 count and therefore Benoit should be champ.[/quote']

I respect your opinion but I re-winded a numerous amount of times and can still only see that Edge tapped out exactly as the referee's hand hit the mat for the three count...

Does anyone else have an opinion on this?

to be honest I've not studied it close enough to notice. It looked like a pretty tight decision to me but I don't know who actually did tap, or get pinned first.

Thing is, wrestling's a work, so it doesn't matter which came first. It matters which the WWE tell us came first (if they try to of course, because I think they'll say it was a draw anyway)

The last time this happened was Kurt v Taker on Smackdown...

They screwed it up slightly then and they had the oppertunity to go back out and tape the finish again and edit it in...

Raw isn't taped. It's live. That split second will cause even more controversy and the WWE may even work it into the storyline like Rock/Big Show.

Edge did tap before the three but as Jayden said' date=' it is a wrestling work so it doesn't matter. All that matters is that the WWE are saying that it was a dead heat.[/quote']

Precisely, I don't doubt that. I just wondered what everyone thought. That's why these works are so great, because most people take a closer look and try to notice something extraordinary...

You the one thing we haven't looked at yet?

The title being declared vacant and their being a tournement with Orton, HHH, Batista, Jericho, Benoit, Edge, Snitsky etc etc placed in....

The final of which could be at New Years Revolution...

I'd love that a whole lot more than what most of us expect, H-Cubed retaining on a technicality.