Heyman off creative team..again

Walshy

Credit: WrestlingObserver.com

--Paul Heyman was removed from the WWE writing team just minutes ago. No details are available right now other than it was something that had been building and not one specific incident. It will no doubt be pointed out that ratings came from the lowest point in the show's history in September to the highest level in more than a year less than two months later.

Another genius move from the WWE, sometimes it seems like they just want to fail!

Well for one thing Heymen doesn't have the talent and the freedom that he had in the ECW. Tell me, how many matches in ECW followed the kick, punch, run in, finish, formula that the WWE incorporates into 99% of their matches?

It doesn't suprise me at all that Heyman is no longer a part of the creative team in the WWE. The WWE is headed in a direction that in a matter of what seem like months will not resemble wrestling as we know it any more. it will be some lousy story line driven soap opera with people pretending to fight...and I'm supposed to pretend like I care. Yeah right!

What is the logic behind dropping real working wrestlers for wanna be Divas that can supply us with nothing more then "T&A" witch at this point isn't doing anything for their ratings despite what the "Board" of Directors may think. As for "Tough Enough", It's tough enough to watch this crap let alone care who wins. Like any one of those guys really stands a chance at becoming anything more then just a laughing stock. The worst mistake Vince McMahon made was having the company go public. I don't know if he just wanted to brag, but it seems to me that since this has happend, the company has developed one bad idea after another.

RAW at this point is tolerable, only with the addition of Gene Snitsky. Whom I like despite a lot of protest from other fans. Snitsky is a refereshing change from the crap, like a horrible babyface angle that they are using with Randy Orton!

SmackDown! on the other hand I have to force myself to watch. The writting team is so horrible, at this point it may be better just to take the show off of the air. Dont get me wrong, its not all the talents fault, but the writting and the use of said talent! I see it as a waste of my time. I dont care about the wrestlers and thats not how it should be. The WWE is making us, the fans look like idiots. That don't cut it in my book.

Smackdown! just lost a viewer! I hope their happy!

Edited by Maxximus

My word.

You just need to listen to Heyman to know that he knows how to book things. He can get in the mindset for it. To me it seems like Heyman isn't a "yes" man to Vince and that is obviously where in lies the problem.

I see Heyman as having a bit of the "Vinnie Mac Facsination With Big Men" syndrome...Brock ( there goes the pain ) Lesnar, John Heidenseek sorry Heidenriech, Matt Morgan, Nathan Jones yadda yadda yadda the list goes on...I thought they'd pretty much be on the same page but apparently this is not the case.

Oh well :devil

I see Heyman as having a bit of the "Vinnie Mac Facsination With Big Men" syndrome...Brock ( there goes the pain ) Lesnar, John Heidenseek sorry Heidenriech, Matt Morgan, Nathan Jones yadda yadda yadda the list goes on...I thought they'd pretty much be on the same page but apparently this is not the case.

And Heyman championed the pushe of Chris Benoit, asked Vince to hire Super crazy and helped get Little Guido (sorry, Nunzio!) a job! So I wouldnt say he had a big man thing.

Besides, didn't they team those people with Heyman as Heyman can talk and they couldnt?

Besides, didn't they team those people with Heyman as Heyman can talk and they couldnt?

Exactly. If you look at Heyman's record for pushing "smaller" men, it's better than anyone elses. Tajiri, Super Crazy, Mikey Whipwreck, Taz, Tommy Dreamer, Justin Credible, Steve Corino, Guido, Kid Kash, C W Anderson. He took a chance on them when no-one else would. Benoit, Y2J, Eddie, Rey Jr, Malenko, and the other cruiserweights, he took a chance on them too. No0one in the U.S. was booking smaller guys like that. WCW saw the reaction Rey jr. was recieving opposite Psychosis and saw $$$$. That i swhy the WCWcruiser division began. Without Heyman, IMO, wrestling would still be stuck pre-Attitude. If ECW hadn't been doing what it did Vince wouldn't have resorted to the Sex N Violence of the late 90's.

Vince liked ECW, that is why he gave close to $1 million to help the company near the end. That is why ECW has never really been buried in interviews with former stars the way WCW has.

I have a feeling that it was because his opinions on things didn't agree with Steph's. That's why Pat Patterson quit earlier this year. He wanted to reduce HHH's exposure on Raw and Steph didn't like it. He saw the writing on the wall and left. If he can't get through to Vince then maybe no-one can.

I wasn't aware that he was behind the pushes of Morgan and Jones.

I know he was managing Heidenreich but from what I read, he had told Vince that Heidenreich still wasn't ready to be on TV.

Right lets cut through it all...

Heyman's on screen character on Smackdown was linked Morgan, Heidenreich, Jones etc, he did not champion their pushes. He was all for Benoit and Jericho to be pushed hence their elevation after his arrival in 2001 (main event at KOR for WWF Title, Jericho being Undisputed Champ and Benoit's run with the Raw gold)

He hated the politics game on both brands (Taker/Angle on SD and HHH/Steph's clique on Raw) and when he failed to break it up and scale it down he knew he'd be in trouble.

The WWE wanted to keep him sweet whilst they produce the ECW Rise and Fall DVD because they wanted his creative input into it.

And also after the rise of ECW and what it did to wrestling, ie: revolutionise it, do you really think Vince wants Heyman gone to a place like TNA or ROH? Places where he can impletment ideas and freshness that would force the WWE to move with the times again? I don't think so.

That's why Vince keeps him on the payroll and moves him about. As soon as he starts making motions to leave Vince gives him a new role, weither it be manager, GM, commentator or creative... But it never last because Vince is still scared of the links Heyman has with the talent and the fan base.

Excellent post gringo, and without a doubt a major factor. I think Vince knows, what Heyman can do, but he'd rather have him than be without him. Doesn't mean he wants to use him, cause we all know Vince won't dare use other's people genius created outside of WWE. Yet he knows full well, he could have an impact in TNA.

Heyman was writing on smackdown wasnt he? Although I havent seen it for a while, the last few months from what Ive heard from people who have been watching it is that it hasnt been too great and Raw has been much better. Now since Im in no position to really judge myself, basing on what I've been hearing, will Heyman necessarily be missed for his current output on Smackdown? We cant be sure which bits are his ideas and whether or not theyve been the plus or low points of smackdown, so despite previous work he may have been responsible for some of the poorer parts. Being great in the past doesnt necessarily mean he'll still come up with great stuff now.