For all the TNA Nay Sayers

Fletch

From TNA themselves

In the words of Mark Twain (adjusting a little for our use, sorry Mr.Clements) ".. the rumours of our death are greatly exaggerated".

We are in fact planning for the Spring shows as we speak and are very excited about some very cool announcements we hope to make soon (be patient, it's all good),and are all working feverishly to give you a dynamite show for this Sunday's Turning Point. This business is funny because it is micro-analysed more so than any other. Every little change, any little sneeze is diagnosed to signal the beginning of a great drama to be unfolding. In fact, we are working hard, Panda is terrific and things are rocking. Let the naysayers say what they want, but we are doing just fine.

We could use all this negative energy re-directed towards convincing all wrestling fans that they have a viable and new alternative to WWE. It may be worth their while to see for themselves what they think. I think we have a product that will keep many of them. We need the help as we will always need the help, and thus the main reason for this board, to have our fans help spread the word. (the positive word)

Thank you for your support and if anyone needs help, it is Brad's love life. If you are going to worry, worry for him.

Walt Wilson

SR. VP of Marketing

Thanks very much to iwficon from tnaimpact.com for finding that

That doesn't actualy say anything about anything! It seems just a bit of propaganda, a way of convincing themselves more than anyone else! Kinda like whistling in the dark.

Where are TNA's facts and figures? At least in the Meltzer thread we got some!

I really want an alternative for WWE, I really do.. but I am sort off fed up with TNA as well.. I have been watching some of the old weekly PPV's they had, and I think it was way better. I understand that it didn't make money, but from a wrestling fans' view, I enjoyed those times better. Now, all we have is 1 or 2 matches with well known stars (most often cut short by interference), and 2-3 squash matches. Add a lot of promos and boring talks by Kevin Nash.

It's probably making more money, but I am seriously considering cutting out both WWE and TNA and try to find some way to get RoH here in Europe... I really am.. :help

TNA might have gotten some bad numbers on "The best Damn Wrestling" thing but everyone here was overreacting. TNA is nowhere near going out of business. TNA is at the moment much better than WWE. I will be ordering "Turning Point" on Sunday.

Trellian, rohwrestling.com delivers their DVD's internationally. They are great about getting the DVD's to you fast. If you are overseas (from the U.S) it should only take about 3 weeks for your DVD's to arrive. I got mine here in the U.S in 3 DAYS. If you need an opinion about which ROH DVD's to order just PM me.

Its never been rosey financially but Bob Carter himself has said he has no intentions of puling the plug at all. He would like to know when the company will be profitable but who knows when that will be. Some may say this is an overstatement but without TNA wrestling at the moment would die a painful and slow death. With no competition to WWE then WWE would get lazier nd worse. Its happened before, briefly anyway. TNA offers something new and exciting for the wrestling world. In my opinion a lot of the talent in TNA are better than the tonne of generic big men in WWE. Letshope TNA is around for good

Whether TNA is around in it's current form or not, has nothing to do with wrestling being in a bad shape. If it wasn't around, it still would be. And isn't wrestling seemingly already dying a slow and painful death anyway?

WWE is still getting worse cause essentially TNA isn't competition. It's an alternative, but its more a case of if you don't want the Premiership, u can watch League 2. When TNA is drawing as many viewers and has as many fans, then it's competition. Until then it doesn't really matter to WWE.

There's a difference between being profitable and having a good product though. Manchester United are a more profitable enterprise than Chelsea, but on current form the product Chelsea are dishing out is a lot better.

However, as it happens WWE is a lot better than TNA right now, not because they're making more money, just because no matter how bad what they put out on screen right now is, TNA's is worse. It's gone backwards in leaps and bounds.

For people who suggest that they want to see TNA go out of business though it's something I can never understand. Why would you want those guys to lose their jobs? Why would you want the US industry to take such a huge blow? You may see TNA as a small company, that's because they are. However them going out of business will have a much greater effect than you think. Nobody was around to try and step up and provide an alterative, let alone a challenge, to Vince's WWE. TNA gave it a go, and if they go out of business will have failed. Now, anyone who was thinking of investing into the industry will ahve seen that and will realise that it's essentially pointless trying to grow to the size TNA want to. If TNA go out of business now, nobody else will challenge WWE, Ted turner or no Ted Turner. He's a wrestling mark, but he isn't an idiot.

You see, you can be ROH and make money, and grow a bit, but as long as you realise you're never going to be a global promotion and a threat to WWE then you'll do just fine. Gabe Sapolsky says he's happy to just keep running shows and making money. To him, that's success. He's a smart guy. Trying to take ROH more mainstream would alientate the current fanbase, and probably wouldn't pick up many new ones along the way. By trying to grow they'd go out of business. They can get bigger, to a point, but they'll never be huge. That's not a sleight on them, it's just a fact.

Look at the industry and how it's been over the past 5 years. We all know WWE needs competition, and we all know that TNA hasn't been, isn't, and probably won't ever be proper competition for WWE but it's essential they stay in business, as much to give somebody else the confidence to come into the industry and try and challenge, as for their own good.

There's a difference between being profitable and having a good product though. Manchester United are a more profitable enterprise than Chelsea, but on current form the product Chelsea are dishing out is a lot better.

True enough - but if Chelsea are putting on the best football and yet losing shizzle-loads of cash, it's gonna mean next to nothing by the end of it when Chelsea are bankrupt and Utd are still alive and well.

(And I say next to nothing because obviously the exceptions to the rule are there - ECW being the prime example, but I don't class TNA in the same product level as ECW was)

Without trying to highjack this thread - what do people think has been TNA's best period in terms of the product they have presented?

Its just I'm never sure what has been the best period from the compnay, I have only seen a few shows from recent weeks and I think the product is pretty good, but it looks I may only be in the minority there.

Personally with the exception of the build up and the pay off of Raven Vs Jarrett (the best month or so in TNA history and the greatest match they've ever produced. It actually had a proper main event feel to it which outweighted almost everything ECW did with the exception of Douglas Vs Taz and Taz Vs Sabu) I think that their first 12 or so shows were the best tv they've ever produced. Any company whose first 12 shows were 10 times better than their last 12 is going to be having problems. But going back to the start you've got TNA's greatest ever match in terms of simply work rate, Jerry Lynn Vs Psicosis Vs AJ Styles Vs Low Ki in the round robin match. You've got Malice, Shamrock, Jarrett, Apollo, Monty Brown, Scott Hall, Ron Killings all making up an interesting main event scene. Malice incidentally was awesome. You've got some great little mark out moment like Toby Keith hitting a vertical suplex on Jarrett and tossing him out of the gauntlet, and Hermie Saddler of all people hitting a sit out powerbomb on Killings. The emergence of Killings was fresh, the likes of Lawler, Tempest, Slash, Rainbow Express etc were all entertaining, Disco came in with his chatshow and was gold on the mic. Then you had another massive mark out moment when Ed Ferrara left the announce booth and speared Bill Behrens to try to stop him from stopping Jasmine get naked. And then of couse back to that X division. It was the best period that division had ever produced and at that point it was the talk of the business.

Styles, Low Ki, Jerry Lynn, Amazing Red, Elix Skipper, Christopher Daniels and a whole host more who were carrying their part well enough. If you chuck all those guys into the ring they are bound to give you some outstanding innovative matches and Lynn was almost like the savvy veteran helping them all get over and holding the matches together with his awesome ring psychology. So many amazing spots, but, such well worked matches as well.

So for me the first couple of months, except for Puppet the Psycho Dwarf pulling a gun which was ridiculous, were the best in TNA's history.

True enough - but if Chelsea are putting on the best football and yet losing shizzle-loads of cash, it's gonna mean next to nothing by the end of it when Chelsea are bankrupt and Utd are still alive and well.

no absolutely, and as I said I actually think the WWE is not only more profitable, but better at the same time. I just dno't neccessarily think the two go hand in hand. Ideally they would as it's what you need to be successful, as ECW found out. But simply making lots of money doesn't make you a great promotion.

Edited by Jayden

Ive not seen the first 12 shows yet, Jay wants me to get them really badly though lol so i will whenive got some money to buy them with.

Personally my favoured period is the few months leading up to when iMPACT debuted. Chris Harris was getting pushed to the moon in the main event, they were building all the matches up right, They took the belt off JJ for a while, Monty Brown came back, we had Team Mexico winning everything in the Americas X Cup, then Team NWA won the World X Cup and last but not least, perhaps the greatest match n TNA history. The King Of The Mountain Match. Awesome and unique

Well I missed about a year and nearly another half year since i didnt start watcching until the Super X Cup and Wednesday Bloody Wednesday. I sooo wanna see some more of Brian Lawler from the first few shows. Ive heard he was main event

The first 12 shows they tried to make Lawler main event but Killings pushed himself really. They wanted to turn Lawler into a serious main event heel but it just sort of didn't happen. He got the push but the fans didn't buy it. They turned Lawler frmo comedy face to serious heel and it worked to a point. He was entertaining, sort of, but he wasn't main event. To begin with you had Jarrett & Killings Vs Lawler & Hall, until the turn. Then you just had Hall beat up Lawler, Apollo beat Lawler, and him whingeing about Jerry Lawlre a lot.

My favourite "era" was everything from Ravens debut up to the title match. For me, the main event could do no wrong, and the undercard was solid enough
and yeah, it's the only time I can remember TNA doing something flawlessly from start to finish without a screw up. The debut, the build up, the match, all superb.

absolutely. Like I said Killings pushed himself. Fairplay for TNA (the booking was quite good in those early days) for running with it and changing direction, pushing who the fans wanted to see pushed instead of choosing who they thought the fans wanted to see pushed. At that point it tmie they needed to be able to create new stars and Killings rise was fresh, unexpected, and entertaining.

I have to say though that I do think Killings is super talented and way under rated. He can talk really really well, he has a great physique, and he's so incredibly athletic in the ring.