WWE ECW DVD Sales

Kam

According to Videoscan, the Rise and Fall of ECW DVD has moved a total of 22,049 DVDs in the first week of sales. The total moved is 22,113 (including copies that were sold before they were technically allowed to be moved at retail). 13,966 copies were sold via Internet retailers. 8,006 copies were moved via Specialty Retailers (Best Buy, FYE, etc.). The remainder were sold by smaller entertainment outlets like independent video stores.

Where does this place the ECW DVD as compared to the other WWE releases? Well, after just one week, The Rise and Fall of ECW is now the 8th Best Selling WWE DVD title for 2004. The top ten looks like this :

Wrestlemania XX: 101,145 copes

Monday Night War: 80,157 copies

Mick Foley’s Greatest Hits & Misses: 49,784

Ultimate Ric Flair Collection: 41, 040

Hard Knocks - Chris Benoit Story: 30,007

The Undertaker - He Buries The Alive: 26,638

John Cena - Wordlife: 23,388

Rise and Fall of ECW: 22,113

Bloodbath - Steel Cage: 21, 106

Survivor Series 2003: 20,907

In one week, the DVD more than doubled the sales to date of the Eddie Guerrero DVD as well, as that title has failed to hit 10,000 copies moved.

Source: PWInsider.com

Not bad eh? And just to clarify, Ric Flairs DVD was released on November 18, 2003, so those above sales dont include the ones from 2003.

I don't know why anyone is surprised. The only ECW matches I have ever seen are on the Mick Foley DVD and I know very little about the promotion so I could hardly be termed an ECW fan.

However, I'm intending to get it as I have heard people talking about it and as the DVD is about 6 hours and packed with matches for £15 it has got to be worth a look!

If it turns about to be crap, so be it.

Those figures are interesting in terms of where it has been sold, more than 50% via the net, looks as though those promises of good shopping opportunites on the net are now arising when for a few years it wasn't really taking off.

Keith,

As a big ECW fan I would tell you to get this DVD. I don't have it myself yet but I have over 30 ECW PPV's from 1995 to 2001, If you like hard core wrestling then ECW was the best fed for it "in my view" You said the price of the DVD was £15, Was that from a web site? If so what site was it?

hmmph interesting. but i definetly WONT be buying the dvd or downloading or even egtting anything affiliated with it. I didnt like ECW and i still dont. A dvd isnt going to change my mind.

Im still clutching a small thread of hope that WWE get their heads from their arses and make a Chris Jericho DVD or better yet, a Chris Jericho boxset

Im still clutching a small thread of hope that WWE get their heads from their arses and make a Chris Jericho DVD or better yet, a Chris Jericho boxset

They should do and probably will at some point if Eddie has got one, after all there must be millions more Jerichoholics around than Eddie fans (what would they be known as? thieving undesirables?)

They should and could (but won't) fill a DVD with his hilarious promos, espec the ones with Steph and Helmsley.

They should also draw a line and only include things that don't involve him winning matches with that rubbish enziquiri he has adopted of late.

People are allowed their opinions and thats fine. I may be biased, but to rubbish ECW is wrong. So many stars got their 1st U.S. exposure in the company. Heyman gave people a chance where no-one else would. And for anyone put of by the "HARDCORE" tag that ECW gets sometimes, that's not all they offer(ed). Some of the most technical matches were in ECW, and people like Y2J, Eddie, Malenko, Saturn, Rhyno, Tommy Dreamer, Al Snow, Shane Douglas,Too Cold Scorpio, Sabu, Jerry Lynn, Justin Credible, Raven, bWo, Tajiri, Taz, and Mike Awesome were allowed to have their own matches, not WWE/WCW versions of them. I urge people to get this DVD and see what your missing out on.

E-C-Dub, E-C-Dub, E-C-Dub!!!!! :worship

Draven, I agree with you 100%, You must have bean a big ECW fan?

I was the biggest ECW mark I know. I have, or had (burgling Basts) every ECW title released in the UK.

One of the things I loved about it was the fact that a guy like, say Little Guido, whom I left of my list earlier, had a blinder and overshadowed the top-line talent, they didn't ask him to tone down his matches, they challenged the top guys to raise their game. Nova, another left of the list stole the show most nights with a move that no-one had seen. In WWE he will probably be hindered as well..

Fortunately I was in America the day The Rise And Fall Of ECW DVD came out and bought it within 10minutes of Sam Goody (music and dvd store) opening its doors that day. Its an excellent DVD and Im not surprised its sold out so quickly in the States-but once Silvervision releases it for UK fans you guys and gals are in for a treat.

For anyone who's seen it already-the bit when they show clips of the Dudley Boyz on the mic is absolutely priceless.

In ECW the Duds were top dogs on the mic. They could've started a riot, and nearly did a few times in the ECW Arena, with their diatribes.

"What've we got here? a mother showing her 14yo daughter how to s**k d**k?" - Bubba Ray Dudley 1998.

Can't imagine the Rock sayin' that one.

ECW was great for the fact that the stars could say what they wanted, when they wanted. You haven't seen a promo, IMO, until you've seen New Jack or Rhyno in ECW doing a promo. Great stuff.

The emtion of the double main event at Barely Legal was amazing. Finally seeing Stevie Richards as a credible character was great. Tommy Dreamer commentating with Styles and saying how he promised he wouldn't interfere as Funk was a bloody mess. And the ECW crowd showing they do have a heart with a standing ovation as Funk beat Raven.

Oh and The Duds are exposed to The Eliminators full airiel assault. That was cool too.